Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Firmware and guild needed please!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Firmware and guild needed please!

Firmware and guild needed please!

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-04-2019, 10:10 AM

(23-04-2019, 06:42 AM)Ibiblaze The superuser is not even installed before to talk of grant prompt
And the thread says I must install custom recovery but the porting of twrp I made with my stock recovery I got from ROM dumb ain't working...anytime I try to boot to recovery, the phone will go off and never turn on again until i have to remove the battery and insert..which means the recovery not working.. I just flash back the stock recovery and it's working but the custom recovery ain't working ...can u port for me if I send u the required file and  information u needed for u to help me port so I can have a working custom recovery

too hasty, try to read the full reply before clicking the link
there are two possible fixes on that page, i referred you try the easier one under UPDATE highlighted in red color
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
23-04-2019, 07:35 PM
(23-04-2019, 10:10 AM)X3non
(23-04-2019, 06:42 AM)Ibiblaze The superuser is not even installed before to talk of grant prompt
And the thread says I must install custom recovery but the porting of twrp I made with my stock recovery I got from ROM dumb ain't working...anytime I try to boot to recovery, the phone will go off and never turn on again until i have to remove the battery and insert..which means the recovery not working.. I just flash back the stock recovery and it's working but the custom recovery ain't working ...can u port for me if I send u the required file and  information u needed for u to help me port so I can have a working custom recovery

there are two possible fixes on that page, i referred you try the easier one under UPDATE highlighted in red color

OK.. I used v19 to flash the boot.img and tried flashing with fastboot but now am my phone can't boot completely.. It's just hang on the logo for long... And I don't have any custom recovery installed.. What should I do now without losing my files
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
24-04-2019, 07:47 AM
(23-04-2019, 10:10 AM)X3non

I got into bootloop when trying to flash the patched_boot I recently patched with the Margisk v19.. And now I used my stock boot.img to flash using adb fast boot mode and now my phone has boot properly... Without loosing any of my file, but the phone is still not rooted, So what do u suggest I do now
This post was last modified: 24-04-2019, 08:49 AM by Ibiblaze.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-04-2019, 10:33 AM
(23-04-2019, 07:35 PM)Ibiblaze OK.. I used v19 to flash the boot.img and tried flashing with fastboot but now am my phone can't boot completely.. It's just hang on the logo for long... And I don't have any custom recovery installed.. What should I do now without losing my files

flash back stock boot.img, the phone should boot to homescreen
then to gain root access, it's either you abandon magisk and try supersu OR you can try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-26854.html (skip the UPDATE section)
either way you choose you'll need a custom recovery, depending on the chipset of your phone you can try our porting tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-39.html
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
24-04-2019, 01:29 PM

(24-04-2019, 10:33 AM)X3non
(23-04-2019, 07:35 PM)Ibiblaze OK.. I used v19 to flash the boot.img and tried flashing with fastboot but now am my phone can't boot completely.. It's just hang on the logo for long... And I don't have any custom recovery installed.. What should I do now without losing my files

flash back stock boot.img, the phone should boot to homescreen
then to gain root access, it's either you abandon magisk and try supersu OR you can try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-26854.html (skip the UPDATE section)
either way you choose you'll need a custom recovery, depending on the chipset of your phone you can try our porting tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-39.html

I tried to port ..but when I flashed the ported custom recovery to my phone.. And want to boot to recovery mode,My phone will off and refused to turn on Until I remove my battery..
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-04-2019, 05:38 PM
(24-04-2019, 01:29 PM)Ibiblaze I tried to port ..but when I flashed the ported custom recovery to my phone.. And want to boot to recovery mode,My phone will off and refused to turn on Until I remove my battery..

what's your phone model, android version and chipset ? and which tool did you try?
This post was last modified: 24-04-2019, 05:39 PM by X3non.
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
24-04-2019, 05:44 PM
(24-04-2019, 05:38 PM)X3non
(24-04-2019, 01:29 PM)Ibiblaze I tried to port ..but when I flashed the ported custom recovery to my phone.. And want to boot to recovery mode,My phone will off and refused to turn on Until I remove my battery..

what's your phone model, android version and chipset ? and which tool did you try?
Gionee gn5003 (m6 mini) android version 6.0 chipset is mt6750, i tried both twrp and philz recovery... I even tried porting with the stable and beta version of both..but still fail to boot to recovery.. Anytime i want to boot to recovery,my phone will just go off and never turn on until I remove the battery
This post was last modified: 24-04-2019, 05:47 PM by Ibiblaze.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-04-2019, 11:12 AM
(24-04-2019, 05:44 PM)Ibiblaze Gionee gn5003 (m6 mini) android version 6.0 chipset is mt6750, i tried both twrp and philz recovery... I even tried porting with the stable and beta version of both..but still fail to boot to recovery.. Anytime i want to boot to recovery,my phone will just go off and never turn on until I remove the battery

did you try twrp from both the stable and beta versions of twrp porting tool?
what's the status of dm_verity after using the beta tool?
and for confirmation, you're using the recovery.img you got after backing up firmware using wwr tool?
This post was last modified: 25-04-2019, 11:15 AM by X3non.
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
Ibiblaze
25-04-2019, 01:28 PM
(25-04-2019, 11:12 AM)X3non
(24-04-2019, 05:44 PM)Ibiblaze Gionee gn5003 (m6 mini) android version 6.0 chipset is mt6750, i tried both twrp and philz recovery... I even tried porting with the stable and beta version of both..but still fail to boot to recovery.. Anytime i want to boot to recovery,my phone will just go off and never turn on until I remove the battery

did you try twrp from both the stable and beta versions of twrp porting tool?
what's the status of dm_verity after using the beta tool?
and for confirmation, you're using the recovery.img you got after backing up firmware using wwr tool?

Yes I tried both stable and beta...the DM verity found...you will need to patch boot.IMG
Yes...its my stock recovery I used from the ROM dumb I did...its working fine..I flash back the stock recovery and I can boot to recovery mode..but when I flash the custom recovery I can't boot to recovery mode
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-04-2019, 05:04 PM

(25-04-2019, 01:28 PM)Ibiblaze Yes I tried both stable and beta...the DM verity found...you will need to patch boot.IMG
Yes...its my stock recovery I used from the ROM dumb I did...its working fine..I flash back the stock recovery and I can boot to recovery mode..but when I flash the custom recovery I can't boot to recovery mode

zip and upload your stock boot.img then post the download link here
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next