Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Flashing ROM Meizu M5 Note: Cant flash custom.img (File Too Large)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Flashing ROM Meizu M5 Note: Cant flash custom.img (File Too Large)

Flashing ROM Meizu M5 Note: Cant flash custom.img (File Too Large)

sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
14-04-2019, 01:26 PM

Hey Guys!

I know you miss me like the other-way-around. But here I am again, still not able to solve the craps in my meizu M5 Note.

Upon unbricking it, from being dead, I was able to restore it but I lost the serial number.. I give it up. But now the problem is, without it I will not be Able to update the device, even using update.zip file.

I lost the finger print function, password lock, and could not change the navigation system anymore.. The reason for this is I think because I lost the custom version of the phone (stock custom.img). 

I found a Flashable ROM that has custom.img in it, but i have been having an error when I try to flash it together with the files.
Error: ERROR: STATUS_SEC_IMG_TOO_LARGE (0xC0020005). 

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/PF7GP74

I was able to flash a 10mb in size, signed custom.img. 

The error message is hilariously impossible to think of, because the ROM I downloaded is for the correct Model and variant of the phone. While it is obvious that the signed custom.img is way smaller than the one Im trying to flash, It seemed to miss some important system options  and/or settings and features.  Sad

If anyone has an idea on how I can flash the whole ROM with the custom.img, it will be very much appreciated. 

PS: You may know that the bootloader of this phone is locked
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2019, 12:27 AM
(14-04-2019, 01:26 PM)sicariusM5 Hey Guys!

PS: You may know that the bootloader of this phone is locked

this firmware you downloaded, does it have -verified or -sign files?
if it does then click the file location and point it to custom-verified.img then retry flashing
meanwhile the firmware you flashed to revive the phone, check the scatter file use a text editor if it contains a custom partition section
This post was last modified: 15-04-2019, 12:45 AM by X3non.
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
16-04-2019, 05:11 AM
hey X3non,

I tried to install 7.0 android. with build 6.3.0.0. T good news from this is that I was able is it was able to restore back the password lockscreen function, and finger print.

this is all I needed ..

Im yet to try your advice, for I will be busy this coming days.

But I will try my best to try those too.
I will also try to upgrade the system using the update.zip official firmware upgrade, and see that will work.

cheers to all your help. The victory is yours.

but it is not yet done.

I'll get back with an update

Sent from my M5 Note using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2019, 10:34 AM
(16-04-2019, 05:11 AM)sicariusM5 hey X3non,

I tried to install 7.0 android. with build 6.3.0.0. T good news from this is that I was able is it was able to restore back the password lockscreen function, and finger print.

this is all I needed ..

Im yet to try your advice, for I will be busy this coming days.

But I will try my best to try those too.
I will also try to upgrade the system using the update.zip official firmware upgrade, and see that will work.

cheers to all your help. The victory is yours.

but it is not yet done.

I'll get back with an update

Sent from my M5 Note using Hovatek Mobile

oh that's good, can you post the link to the 6.3.0.0 firmware build you used. it might help another who stumbles here having the same problem
This post was last modified: 16-04-2019, 10:39 AM by X3non.