Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Pouvoir 2 not connecting to computer
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno Pouvoir 2 not connecting to computer

Tecno Pouvoir 2 not connecting to computer

okolimark
okolimark
okolimark
Experienced Member
16-04-2019, 08:33 AM

My tecno pouvoir 2 does not connect to computer, it only charges. I have downloaded mtk USB drivers and installed it. I have enabled USB deburg but it dosent solve the problem. When I plug it to computer, it dosent show any option to select media device, it just starts charging. Please help.

Sent from my TECNO LA7 using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2019, 10:45 AM
(16-04-2019, 08:33 AM)okolimark My tecno pouvoir 2 does not connect to computer, it only charges. I have downloaded mtk USB drivers and installed it. I have enabled USB deburg but it dosent solve the problem. When I plug it to computer, it dosent show any option to select media device, it just starts charging. Please help.

if you're trying to connect it using MTP mode for transferring files, then see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15777.html
okolimark
okolimark
okolimark
Experienced Member
16-04-2019, 10:40 PM
I've tried the method u posted many times but it still dose not work. I cannot even see any yellow sign or the phone in Device Manager section. All drivers there looks fine. Any other solution?
The USB cord works well as I've been able to use it with other phones.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-04-2019, 09:35 AM
(16-04-2019, 10:40 PM)okolimark I've tried the method u posted many times but it still dose not work. I cannot even see any yellow sign or the phone in Device Manager section. All drivers there looks fine. Any other solution?
The USB cord works well as I've been able to use it with other phones.

your phone is powered on and in homescreen?
does the PC make any connection sound? and does device manager refresh when you connect the phone while in homescreen?
okolimark
okolimark
okolimark
Experienced Member
17-04-2019, 10:03 PM

Non of the above. Device manager does not refresh. PC does not make any sound. The phone only vibrates showing that its connected to power source and starts charging, same way it vibrates when I'm charging it with the charger.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-04-2019, 09:23 AM
(17-04-2019, 10:03 PM)okolimark Non of the above. Device manager does not refresh. PC does not make any sound. The phone only vibrates showing that its connected to power source and starts charging, same way it vibrates when I'm charging it with the charger.

you need to use a different USB cord
okolimark
okolimark
okolimark
Experienced Member
18-04-2019, 12:19 PM
Well, I'll try that but the USB cord works for other phone. I have 2 USB cords and non is working with the tecno pouvoir 2. Some other users have same issue from my research...

How else do I root my phone when USB isn't connecting?

EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
18-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Have you checked your port on your phone?
From your report, your data connection on your phone port is bad.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-04-2019, 07:02 PM
(18-04-2019, 12:19 PM)okolimark Well, I'll try that but the USB cord works for other phone. I have 2 USB cords and non is working with the tecno pouvoir 2. Some other users have same issue from my research...

How else do I root my phone when USB isn't connecting?

either the USB cord you're using or the USB port on the phone is faulty
so try other original USB cords first before you consider fixing or replacing the port
okolimark
okolimark
okolimark
Experienced Member
19-04-2019, 11:38 PM

Thanks. My USB port was damaged. I've fixed it and now connects.