Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to remove unwanted pre installed self installing Chinese apps
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to remove unwanted pre installed self installing Chinese apps

[Tutorial] How to remove unwanted pre installed self installing Chinese apps

kop
kop
kop
Enthusiastic Member
21-04-2015, 05:48 PM

I have bought a relatively cheap Chinese Android based phone and overall it performed quite good for it's price, but after a few day's i noticed there was something on the phone that triggered .Apk installers and installed (unwanted) apps overnight, which is something i do not want.

I tried to uninstall the package that i thought was responsible for this unwanted behaviour, but i got rid of too many suspect packages that i ended up wrecking the software.

So then i rooted the phone with MTK Droid Tools and installed several packages like SU Superuser, Mobileuncle Tools, Root Explorer, and Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Via CWM recovery i was able to restore the phone by backing it up from a backup which i found on :INTERNAL SD CARD.

So i was happy to now have again a working phone, which was rooted and i tried to uninstall and delete the unwanted China Spyware, because that's what it is I looked up the restrictions and permissions on these suspected apps and discovered they can videotape you and record audio aswell as take pictures and monitor your actions on your phone, so please be warned,

And i discovered that it was impossible to delete these pre installed packages even with a rooted phone and root explorer or even with Droid explorer i could not get rid of this factory baked in spyware.

Then, i decided to trash the entire thing, yep the spyware has to go, and if i can't get rid of it, then the entire operating system has to go.

So i found a nice new ROM and Flashed my phone by using SP Flash Tool following several tutorials which i found online, and i actually managed to brick the phone into an endless boot loop where it switched itself on and off flickering the screen and logo, beeping usb sounds litterally forever......

At this point i got a bit upset, angry, and affraid.
Why would the China guy's make it so hard to get rid of these Spy app's ? i felt it was suspicious and began thinking it was the Chinese Gov behind all of this.
It was a new Phone, i just bought it like two weeks ago, and i decided to put it in the microwave to delete any data and brick it into eternity, and send it back to China for a replacement... and then i met Cynthia on the live chat here at Hovatek.com and i got the phone back up and running in the blink of an eye.

I pulled a backup from a similar phone with MTK Droid Tools, then prepared the blocks for flash tool, Loaded the scatter file in SP Flashtools and FLASH it worked again!!
Well not exactly i first got an Error: Make sure the Load Matches so i had to uncheck the pre loader and user files and android also activated wo battery in settings.

So now i am back at where i started with a working China phone including "China Spy" apps and i like to know how to get rid of these as the person whom i spoke with here on Hovatek.com told me that flashing ROM was the wrong approach.
Attached Files
.png
screenshotChina.png
Size: 410.93 KB / Downloads: 7
.png
China 2.png
Size: 186.78 KB / Downloads: 8
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-04-2015, 05:57 PM
(21-04-2015, 05:48 PM)kop So now i am back at where i started with a working China phone including "China Spy" apps and i like to know how to get rid of these as the person whom i spoke with here on Hovatek.com told me that flashing ROM was the wrong approach.

the issue of spyware on china phones is a really serious issue and we're well aware of that. what kind of apps get installed forcefully in your own case?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-04-2015, 06:27 PM
The most effective method so far is to setup a firewall of some sort so you can monitor what processes request for internet connection. that could lead you to the adware or spyware. afterall, whats a spyware without internet of some sort?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kop
kop
kop
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2015, 07:12 AM
so i tried two firewalls, but to no avail the chinese spyware just blasts through and they keep on coming overnight the phone triggers a reboot and this is a few sec that while booting there is no protection or something like that and it downloads these apps.

I am now going to delete it all like i intended to do in the first place.
This post was last modified: 25-04-2015, 07:12 AM by kop.
kop
kop
kop
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2015, 08:12 AM

once it is correctly mounted i could get rid of most of it
kop
kop
kop
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2015, 04:09 PM
well it seem to have to do with SKYMOBI somethin there were game apps like chinese beauty things and a car game a battery saver and a search helper.
i noticed the search helper it started at every brower window i opend up and it was defenatly spying on me.

so now i got rid of it all and i am delighted no more PUP programs. Smile
This post was last modified: 25-04-2015, 04:10 PM by kop.
kop
kop
kop
Enthusiastic Member
26-04-2015, 05:16 AM
i talked too fast today it was back but with different PUP app namely: MOBOGENIE MARKETS
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-04-2015, 12:06 PM
(26-04-2015, 05:16 AM)kop i talked too fast today it was back but with different PUP app namely: MOBOGENIE MARKETS

these two you've mentioned have adware
This post was last modified: 26-04-2015, 12:07 PM by hovatek.

Note!
kop
kop
kop
Enthusiastic Member
26-04-2015, 08:20 PM
yeah so when i see it has rights to for example record audio then i know it can hear me or when it has rights to the webcam it can take film or picture i do not want third party app's on my device that can do that.

That said, i was thinking i got rid of it and most of it aqctually stopped but to my surprise today one installed again and it wasn't in the app list !! i now know this stuff has got roots deep within the software and i need to find a list of all trusted 'standard' apps so i can safely remove all that are put in afterwards, also i can not flash backup from internal rom because it will simply re install the spyware app's !! be aware of all this when ordering a chinese phone.
This post was last modified: 26-04-2015, 08:21 PM by kop.