Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Help unbrick Tecno Ca7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Help unbrick Tecno Ca7

[Please help] Help unbrick Tecno Ca7

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Davie254
Davie254
Davie254
06-05-2019, 02:06 PM

Hello friends I have a tecno Ca7 i recently posted a query on how to port a twrp for the Device which i did successfully using the Hovatek's auto port tool.
After the whole process i booted into twrp and took a full backup of my device and i kept seeing a warning that twrp cannot mount data/storage...i unlocked my bootloader again which i noted it had locked itself but i don't know how...immediately after unlocking it i booted my device and i don't know what came into my mind and i decided to do a factory reset so i could copy my data from google drive.and that's the last time i saw my device on it powered off but never on...its not booting into recovery nor to fastboot all i see is a black screen but when i connect it to a computer i hear a connection sound...this morning i tried a tutorial from  phonesinnigeria.com/unbrick-hard-bricked-dead-mtk-android-device/  but am stuck at the sp flash tool asking for authentication. Please help on how to fix that error or another alternative.thanks in advance
This post was last modified: 09-05-2019, 10:09 PM by Davie254.
chabbzz07
chabbzz07
chabbzz07
06-05-2019, 10:48 PM
(06-05-2019, 02:06 PM)Davie254 Hello friends I have a tecno Ca7 i recently posted a query on how to port a twrp for the Device which i did successfully using the Hovatek's auto port tool.
After the whole process i booted into twrp and took a full backup of my device and i kept seeing a warning that twrp cannot mount data/storage...i unlocked my bootloader again which i noted it had locked itself but i don't know how...immediately after unlocking it i booted my device and i don't know what came into my mind and i decided to do a factory reset so i could copy my data from google drive.and that's the last time i saw my device on it powered of but never on...its not booting into recovery nor to fastboot all i see is a black screen but when i connect it to a computer i hear a connection sound...this morning i tried a tutorial from  phonesinnigeria.com/unbrick-hard-bricked-dead-mtk-android-device/  but am stuck at the sp flash tool asking for authentication. Please help on how to fix that error or another alternative.thanks in advance

Hi. authentication file is in the SP flash folder as auth_sv5.auth
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-05-2019, 10:50 AM
(06-05-2019, 02:06 PM)Davie254 Hello friends I have a tecno Ca7 i recently posted a query on how to port a twrp for the Device which i did successfully using the Hovatek's auto port tool.
After the whole process i booted into twrp and took a full backup of my device and i kept seeing a warning that twrp cannot mount data/storage...i unlocked my bootloader again which i noted it had locked itself but i don't know how...immediately after unlocking it i booted my device and i don't know what came into my mind and i decided to do a factory reset so i could copy my data from google drive.and that's the last time i saw my device on it powered of but never on...its not booting into recovery nor to fastboot all i see is a black screen but when i connect it to a computer i hear a connection sound...this morning i tried a tutorial from  phonesinnigeria.com/unbrick-hard-bricked-dead-mtk-android-device/  but am stuck at the sp flash tool asking for authentication. Please help on how to fix that error or another alternative.thanks in advance

did you try disconnecting / reconnecting the battery of the phone then try to power it on?
download factory firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html and flash using software download tool @
Davie254
Davie254
Davie254
07-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Will try that authentication... On the second question the device has an internal built battery
This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 07:26 PM by Davie254.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-05-2019, 06:44 PM

(07-05-2019, 01:31 PM)Davie254 Will try that authentication... On the second question the battery has an internal built battery

SP flash tool's default auth file won't work on your phone model
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-05-2019, 02:05 AM
(07-05-2019, 01:31 PM)Davie254 Will try that authentication... On the second question the battery has an internal built battery

Flash the factory / signed firmware using software download tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23708.html
This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 02:05 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Davie254
Davie254
Davie254
08-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Hello my Device is bricked at the moment and i need firmware files for my Device i searched here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html but none matched mine please kindly if you happen to have such a device please assist me with that...
I did a backup using twrp but what i got from the backup is a system.ext4.win00 file and i dont know how to extract it...please help if you have the knowledge.

See attachments for device info 
Thanks in advance
This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 10:49 AM by Davie254.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-05-2019, 04:11 PM
(08-05-2019, 10:46 AM)Davie254 Hello my Device is bricked at the moment and i need firmware files for my Device i searched here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html but none matched mine please kindly if you happen to have such a device please assist me with that...
I did a backup using twrp but what i got from the backup is a system.ext4.win00 file and i dont know how to extract it...please help if you have the knowledge.

See attachments for device info 
Thanks in advance

what's the current state of your device? (totally dead OR stuck at boot)
how did the phone get bricked? and do you remember the build number of the phone before it got bricked?
Davie254
Davie254
Davie254
08-05-2019, 07:18 PM
My phone is totally dead and i have a screenshot of the build number which i took earlier before the incident...so am requesting for the exact firmware of the device...see attachment above for build number
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-05-2019, 09:36 AM

(08-05-2019, 07:18 PM)Davie254 My phone is totally dead and i have a screenshot of the build number which i took earlier before the incident...so am requesting for the exact firmware of the device...see attachment above for build number

there's no attachment
upload your screenshot to imgur.com and post the link here OR manually type out the build number from the screenshot and post it here
also how exactly did the phone go totally dead? (in details)
Pages (2): 1 2 Next