Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android app's data still occupies storage space after uninstallation
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

app's data still occupies storage space after uninstallation

app's data still occupies storage space after uninstallation

okychris
okychris
okychris
12-05-2019, 04:01 PM

please my device Lenovo tab TB-8504X oreo 8.0.1 version is having uninstallation problem. After installing app with obb data file the uninstalled data extension remains in undisclosed place in internal storage. for instance, if my device storage is 4GB and I install app with 2GB. After uninstalling the app i still find out that the occupied space is not free. it maintains the minus 2GB of storage. I have searched on data and obb folder but the app's data is not there. my devic is not rooted. Please where can i find this uninstalled data that is occupying my internal storage space? Thanks for your support in advance.
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
12-05-2019, 04:19 PM
(12-05-2019, 04:01 PM)okychris please my device Lenovo tab TB-8504X oreo 8.0.1 version is having uninstallation problem. After installing app with obb data file the uninstalled data extension remains in undisclosed place in internal storage. for instance, if my device storage is 4GB and I install app with 2GB. After uninstalling the app i still find out that the occupied space is not free. it maintains the minus 2GB of storage. I have searched on data and obb folder but the app's data is not there. my devic is not rooted. Please where can i find this uninstalled data that is occupying my internal storage space? Thanks for your support in advance.
Reinstall that app and then see if obb is present or not this time
If its there then first delete obb then unistall app and see
okychris
okychris
okychris
13-05-2019, 07:58 PM
(12-05-2019, 04:19 PM)shankar1790
(12-05-2019, 04:01 PM)okychris please my device Lenovo tab TB-8504X oreo 8.0.1 version is having uninstallation problem. After installing app with obb data file the uninstalled data extension remains in undisclosed place in internal storage. for instance, if my device storage is 4GB and I install app with 2GB. After uninstalling the app i still find out that the occupied space is not free. it maintains the minus 2GB of storage. I have searched on data and obb folder but the app's data is not there. my devic is not rooted. Please where can i find this uninstalled data that is occupying my internal storage space? Thanks for your support in advance.
Reinstall that app and then see if obb is present or not this time
If its there then first delete obb then unistall app and see

ok. thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-05-2019, 09:03 PM

Maybe your phone has a trash / bin feature. Try using ES file explorer to clear trash

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.