Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android (Please help ) Tecno K8 auto boots to recovery everytime
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

(Please help ) Tecno K8 auto boots to recovery everytime

(Please help ) Tecno K8 auto boots to recovery everytime

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
essential
essential
essential
Enthusiastic Member
17-05-2019, 01:00 AM

So i was trying to hard reset a friend's tecno k8 in other to remove its password.i successfully booted the phone to stock recovery, wiped data / factory reset, but the code didn't erase.

So I fired up nck box, did wipe user data for 3 consecutive times and the phone rebooted. Waited for 5 minutes and it was still stuck on boot logo.

So I forcefully switched it off by holding volume down + power button

Once off, I immediately rebooted it to recovery again

This time, I got no command

Then it reboots itself automatically (almost immediately )

Thought it'd stop, but it never did 

Finally, I'm left with a phone that automatically reboots on & off to recovery whenever it's switched on.

Please help, how can I bypass this... i didnt make any backup
apara
apara
apara
17-05-2019, 06:27 AM
You actually need to check your volume buttons to be sure the fault is not from there.. If problem persist then try to full flash the device but be careful while full flashing the device because from your explanation the problem seems like emmc issue since you wipe the phone through recovery and the password was still there...
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-05-2019, 11:24 AM
(17-05-2019, 01:00 AM)essential ...

try booting into factory mode (vol down + power button), if successful perform a emmc wipe then see if the phone boots into homescreen
if it doesn't from recovery mode, select reboot bootloader then use the fastboot command "fastboot -w" then reboot and check if it boots to homescreen
lets know the outcome
This post was last modified: 17-05-2019, 11:25 AM by X3non.
essential
essential
essential
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2019, 02:01 AM
(17-05-2019, 06:27 AM)apara You actually need to check your volume buttons to be sure the fault is not from there.. If problem persist then try to full flash the device but be careful while full flashing the device because from your explanation the problem seems like emmc issue since you wipe the phone through recovery and the password was still there...

It certainly isn't volume key. I rebooted to recovery, but it's stuck on the droid logo and auto reboots to recovery after 2 secs. Can't even allow me to press the volume button to see options like factory reset

I'm thinking the recovery got damaged 

Problem is, phone now boots to recovery directly when fired on
essential
essential
essential
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2019, 02:11 AM

(17-05-2019, 11:24 AM)X3non
(17-05-2019, 01:00 AM)essential ...

try booting into factory mode (vol down + power button), if successful perform a emmc wipe then see if the phone boots into homescreen
if it doesn't from recovery mode, select reboot bootloader then use the fastboot command "fastboot -w" then reboot and check if it boots to homescreen
lets know the outcome
Already tried booting to factory mode, but I encountered this error

rf calibration test fail pls reset rf

Also recovery mode isn't working
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2019, 09:19 AM
(18-05-2019, 02:01 AM)essential It certainly isn't volume key. I rebooted to recovery, but it's stuck on the droid logo and auto reboots to recovery after 2 secs. Can't even allow me to press the volume button to see options like factory reset

the recovery is only damaged if it cant boot into recovery at all, in which case you'll need to flash stock rom
if you get stuck on android lying on its back while booting to recovery, press vol up + power button to proceed to recovery screen then reboot to bootloader and run the fastboot command "fastboot -w"
essential
essential
essential
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2019, 01:28 PM
(18-05-2019, 09:19 AM)X3non
(18-05-2019, 02:01 AM)essential It certainly isn't volume key. I rebooted to recovery, but it's stuck on the droid logo and auto reboots to recovery after 2 secs. Can't even allow me to press the volume button to see options like factory reset

the recovery is only damaged if it cant boot into recovery at all, in which case you'll need to flash stock rom
if you get stuck on android lying on its back while booting to recovery, press vol up + power button to proceed to recovery screen then reboot to bootloader and run the fastboot command "fastboot -w"

When I boot to recovery, then after the Android logo appears, the phone will auto switch off and boot to recovery again.  Can't even get the chance to press volume up + power key.

I think flashing a stock ROM will do, but I've never seen anybody who has successfully flaahed tecno k8
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2019, 04:40 PM
(18-05-2019, 01:28 PM)essential When I boot to recovery, then after the Android logo appears, the phone will auto switch off and boot to recovery again.  Can't even get the chance to press volume up + power key.

I think flashing a stock ROM will do, but I've never seen anybody who has successfully flaahed tecno k8

do you remember the original build number of the phone? if no, verify the build number using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html
essential
essential
essential
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2019, 12:42 AM
(18-05-2019, 04:40 PM)X3non
(18-05-2019, 01:28 PM)essential When I boot to recovery, then after the Android logo appears, the phone will auto switch off and boot to recovery again.  Can't even get the chance to press volume up + power key.

do you remember the original build number of the phone? if no, verify the build number using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html

Used nckbox to verify the build number

It's H3722ABCDE-N-180417V125
essential
essential
essential
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2019, 05:10 PM

(19-05-2019, 12:42 AM)essential
(18-05-2019, 04:40 PM)X3non

Used nckbox to verify the build number

It's H3722ABCDE-N-180417V125

But the stock rom on hovatek has this build number

H3722ABCDE-N-180205V108

They aren't the same, don't know If it will work
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next