Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Tecno F8 - Hardbricked

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 05:51 PM by Peero007. )

Hello, I have a rooted Tecno F8, suddenly it started the bootloop & my mistake was entering recovery mode & not recovering it till it was late, by late I mean (black, cold, seemingly lifeless state), it wouldn't charge, my PC won't detect & it won't come on.... I have been trying to download the Tecno F8 Stock Rom from here, it keeps saying I don't have permission... Please grant me permission and other useful info. Would appreciate much. My email is [email protected]

(04-22-2015, 05:47 PM)Peero007 Wrote: Hello, I have a rooted Tecno F8, suddenly it started the bootloop & my mistake was entering recovery mode & not recovering it till it was late, by late I mean (black, cold, seemingly lifeless state), it wouldn't charge, my PC won't detect & it won't come on.... I have been trying to download the Tecno F8 Stock Rom from here, it keeps saying I don't have permission... Please grant me permission and other useful info. Would appreciate much. My email is [email protected]

granted! download @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(04-22-2015, 08:18 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(04-22-2015, 05:47 PM)Peero007 Wrote: Hello, I have a rooted Tecno F8, suddenly it started the bootloop & my mistake was entering recovery mode & not recovering it till it was late, by late I mean (black, cold, seemingly lifeless state), it wouldn't charge, my PC won't detect & it won't come on.... I have been trying to download the Tecno F8 Stock Rom from here, it keeps saying I don't have permission... Please grant me permission and other useful info. Would appreciate much. My email is [email protected]

granted! download @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html

I have downloaded the correct applications here including the Tecno F8 stock ROM also from this forum, some times the sp flash just shows a red bar with 100% and at other times the progress bar is just blank, but there's always an error- BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail e.t.c. Please help me, I've gone through the different errors on the forum, but its still the same.. I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! Thank You for your anticipated response.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 05:05 PM by hovatek. )
(04-23-2015, 04:52 PM)Peero007 Wrote: I have downloaded the correct applications here including the Tecno F8 stock ROM also from this forum, some times the sp flash just shows a red bar with 100% and at other times the progress bar is just blank, but there's always an error- BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail e.t.c. Please help me, I've gone through the different errors on the forum, but its still the same.. I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! Thank You for your anticipated response.

4032 is a mismatch error. crosscheck that the ROM you downloaded is for Phantom A2 (F8) and the phone in question is also a Phantom A2 (F8). if you're sure of both then

1. uninstall all mtk and vcom drivers then re-install using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
2. in sp flash tool, do not tick any item that isnt in the stock backup
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM by Peero007. )
(04-23-2015, 05:05 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 04:52 PM)Peero007 Wrote: I have downloaded the correct applications here including the Tecno F8 stock ROM also from this forum, some times the sp flash just shows a red bar with 100% and at other times the progress bar is just blank, but there's always an error- BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail e.t.c. Please help me, I've gone through the different errors on the forum, but its still the same.. I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! Thank You for your anticipated response.

4032 is a mismatch error. crosscheck that the ROM you downloaded is for Phantom A2 (F8) and the phone in question is also a Phantom A2 (F8). if you're sure of both then

1. uninstall all mtk and vcom drivers then re-install using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
2. in sp flash tool, do not tick any item that isnt in the stock backup

I have confirmed that I downloaded the right ROM, i have uninstalled and re-installed MTk & VCOM drivers, I still get the same error. I tried to do only the "preloader" and got this BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005) [BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command!, Possibly target power up too early. with MTK & VCOM installed, when I connect my device, i get the MTK device connected prompt, but it also keeps connecting & disconnecting... I would appreciate a step by step approach to resolve this hardbrick issue.... Thank you for your prompt reply.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 07:10 PM by hovatek. )
(04-23-2015, 05:19 PM)Peero007 Wrote: I have confirmed that I downloaded the right ROM, i have uninstalled and re-installed MTk & VCOM drivers, I still get the same error. I tried to do only the "preloader" and got this BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005) [BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command!, Possibly target power up too early. with MTK & VCOM installed, when I connect my device, i get the MTK device connected prompt, but it also keeps connecting & disconnecting... I would appreciate a step by step approach to resolve this hardbrick issue.... Thank you for your prompt reply.

1. need to be sure you're doing this right. did you connect the phone to PC for flashing with battery while switched off?
2. have you tried other versions of sp flash tool?
(04-23-2015, 07:09 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 05:19 PM)Peero007 Wrote: I have confirmed that I downloaded the right ROM, i have uninstalled and re-installed MTk & VCOM drivers, I still get the same error. I tried to do only the "preloader" and got this BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005) [BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command!, Possibly target power up too early. with MTK & VCOM installed, when I connect my device, i get the MTK device connected prompt, but it also keeps connecting & disconnecting... I would appreciate a step by step approach to resolve this hardbrick issue.... Thank you for your prompt reply.

1. need to be sure you're doing this right. did you connect the phone to PC for flashing with battery while switched off?
2. have you tried other versions of sp flash tool?

The phone is stone cold dead, so switching off/on isnt a problem, yes the battery was in for flashing, tried without the battery too and i have tried a previous version of SP flash tool.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 07:44 PM by hovatek. )
(04-23-2015, 07:34 PM)Peero007 Wrote: The phone is stone cold dead, so switching off/on isnt a problem, yes the battery was in for flashing, tried without the battery too and i have tried a previous version of SP flash tool.

1. have you tried different PCs and usb cords?
2. did you try holding volume or volume and power buttons while connecting to PC
(04-23-2015, 07:43 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 07:34 PM)Peero007 Wrote: The phone is stone cold dead, so switching off/on isnt a problem, yes the battery was in for flashing, tried without the battery too and i have tried a previous version of SP flash tool.

1. have you tried different PCs and usb cords?
2. did you try holding volume or volume and power buttons while connecting to PC

Yes I have tried all that.
(04-24-2015, 11:14 AM)Peero007 Wrote: Yes I have tried all that.

try formatting before attempting to flash. if it persists then you need to get another F8 rom or a working f8 phone