Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Fero A4001 Firmware Flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Fero A4001 Firmware Flash

[Please help] Fero A4001 Firmware Flash

amao rasak
amao rasak
amao rasak
29-05-2019, 05:21 PM

Hello guys.. I downloaded the stock rom from the fero stock firmware section and flashed it with the spd flash tool..

Flashing was successful, but now... The network is not displaying. I mean, it just displays searching networks but never finds one.. Please,any help will be appreciated
This post was last modified: 29-05-2019, 05:25 PM by amao rasak. Edit Reason: Sorry, my keyboard edited the title wrong
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-05-2019, 09:43 AM
(29-05-2019, 05:21 PM)amao rasak Hello guys.. I downloaded the stock rom from the fero stock firmware section and flashed it with the spd flash tool..

Flashing was successful, but now... The network is not displaying. I mean, it just displays searching networks but never finds one.. Please,any help will be appreciated

check if the phone's baseband is unknown (settings > about phone > baseband) and also check if the imei is invalid (*#06#)
amao rasak
amao rasak
amao rasak
01-06-2019, 01:55 AM
The baseband is fine, it shows some MIDCOM_BLA_BLA and some version information.. The IMEI is okay too, so i don't know why there's no network
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2019, 09:44 AM
(01-06-2019, 01:55 AM)amao rasak The baseband is fine, it shows some MIDCOM_BLA_BLA and some version information.. The IMEI is okay too, so i don't know why there's no network

either wrong sim placement, flashed the wrong firmware build OR hardware problems

-recheck the sim card
-look for a different firmware build OR if you can't find one then look for a working phone, you can dump nv from the phone (using any chinese mobile repair tool e.g miracle box, cm2, e.t.c) then restore onto yours
-take the phone to a phone hardware repairs technician for checkup
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2019, 08:07 AM

(01-06-2019, 01:55 AM)amao rasak The baseband is fine, it shows some MIDCOM_BLA_BLA and some version information.. The IMEI is okay too, so i don't know why there's no network

Set network preference to 2G only and check if you get signal.
Also ensure your APN is setup.
If still no network then maybe the firmware you've flashed isn't for your region and you'll need an NVRAM backup
BTW, was signal working fine before you flashed?
This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 08:10 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amao rasak
amao rasak
amao rasak
06-06-2019, 08:22 PM
The phone's network was fine before I flashed the phone. 

I also changed the network to 2g only, but still no network... 

I noticed though, that after flashing, when the region selection popped up, there was no Nigerian region included... So maybe the firmware i flashed is for another country.. 

But where do i find the right firmware? I've scoured the entire net, but i only got the same firmware.. Please help me, if there's a way i can fix the NV ram thing, or how i can find the right firmware for my region
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-06-2019, 10:31 AM
(06-06-2019, 08:22 PM)amao rasak The phone's network was fine before I flashed the phone. 
But where do i find the right firmware? I've scoured the entire net, but i only got the same firmware.. Please help me, if there's a way i can fix the NV ram thing, or how i can find the right firmware for my region

since there's no other firmwares online, look for a working phone or someone having the same phone model to backup firmware or nv from then restore the backup onto your phone