Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] No BPLGUInfoCustom
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] No BPLGUInfoCustom

[Please help] No BPLGUInfoCustom

Linuxser
Linuxser
Linuxser
29-05-2019, 10:19 PM

Hello, first post on this this wonderful forum.

I have a almost unknown brand tablet device made by ALPS that only have WiFi and BT. Chipset is MT8163 and comes from factory with the annoying problem of mac address changes every time device is boot. BT mac also changes.

I was able to download the full room by following the excellent tutorial post here on this same forum and create a full Firmware. Luckily because the brand seller does not provide the firmware.

Now I want to fix the wifi mac problem by using the SN Write Tool but I don´t have the customAPDB file of the tablet.

However, there is no /etc/mddb folder on the device or inside the firmware I just made, on system.img dump

Using other files like the APDB_MT8163_S01_alps-mp-o1.mp5_W18 of the tablet Beneve M1031G does not work. SN Writer drops an error or incorrect DB. I choose this file from Beneve tablet because the hardware of both devices are the same.

Question is, how do I make a custom APDB file for my device?

Thanks.
SachinBorkar
SachinBorkar
SachinBorkar
30-05-2019, 03:04 AM
BPLGUInfo files found only whene your devices have in built-in modem.

APDB files can be found on any phone firmware that have similar chipset of your phone.

/* Have you Tried miraclebox to flash BT and Mac address */

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timezone : IST

Time : 7:33am

Sent from my Titanium Vista 4G using Tapatalk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-05-2019, 12:15 PM
(29-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Linuxser Hello, first post on this this wonderful forum. ...
Question is, how do I make a custom APDB file for my device?

Thanks.

You can get APDB file from official firmware of your device, you can't make them yourself. However some phones include this file in the path /system/etc/apdb , you can check if its within your extracted system.img
after extracting system.img , what do you have under /system/etc/ ? upload full screenshot of this folder to imgur.com then post the link here
Linuxser
Linuxser
Linuxser
01-06-2019, 12:25 AM
Hello, and thanks for your replies,

Here is the picture of the /system/etc on the system.img extracted and created with WWR 

[Image: XeeLiY4]

As you can see there is no apdb folder or mddb folder.
This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:26 AM by Linuxser.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2019, 09:27 AM

(01-06-2019, 12:25 AM)Linuxser Hello, and thanks for your replies,
Here is the picture of the /system/etc on the system.img extracted and created with WWR 

this leaves you with looking for the official firmware of the device, DB files should be included in the official firmware
Linuxser
Linuxser
Linuxser
01-06-2019, 05:54 PM
(01-06-2019, 09:27 AM)X3non
(01-06-2019, 12:25 AM)Linuxser Hello, and thanks for your replies,

this leaves you with looking for the official firmware of the device, DB files should be included in the official firmware

Hello,

Ok.
Angry
That would be hard to find because the brand seller (not the manufacturer) refuses to give me the firmware. I already sent back the first unit to RMA due this crazy wifi problem and the second unit I received has the same issue.

Writing the request for this specific firmware from ALPS is not gonna work I guess.

However I did the followind:

1.Having the firmware dump give me access to the all files including boot and preloader with exact sizes.
2.With the size exact of the preloader I just searched for similar MT8163 roms having preloaders with 152KB
3.After several downloads I found one firmware that belongs to another brand tablet based on MT8163 and the size of the files involded on boot was exactly the same.
4.That fimware has some APDB_MT8163_S01_alps-mp-o1.
5.Fired up SN Writer and set with the APDB file lent by the other tablet Smile and new MAC address 
6.Fingers cross.
7.Did the procedure as is widely exlained about how to fix Wifi and IMEI
8.Voila!

I also factory reset the device and the MAC remains with the same ID I choose.
This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 05:56 PM by Linuxser.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2019, 09:34 AM
(01-06-2019, 05:54 PM)Linuxser Hello,

Ok.
Angry
That would be hard to find because the brand seller (not the manufacturer) refuses to give me the firmware. I already sent back the first unit to RMA due this crazy wifi problem and the second unit I received has the same issue.

Writing the request for this specific firmware from ALPS is not gonna work I guess.

However I did the followind:

1.Having the firmware dump give me access to the all files including boot and preloader with exact sizes.
2.With the size exact of the preloader I just searched for similar MT8163 roms having preloaders with 152KB
3.After several downloads I found one firmware that belongs to another brand tablet based on MT8163 and the size of the files involded on boot was exactly the same.
4.That fimware has some APDB_MT8163_S01_alps-mp-o1.
5.Fired up SN Writer and set with the APDB file lent by the other tablet Smile and new MAC address 
6.Fingers cross.
7.Did the procedure as is widely exlained about how to fix Wifi and IMEI
8.Voila!

I also factory reset the device and the MAC remains with the same ID I choose.

Great then

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.