Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Sony Xperia XA2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Sony Xperia XA2

Bricked Sony Xperia XA2

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
31-05-2019, 02:40 AM

Hello,
I bricked my Sony Xperia XA2 and I hoping that you can help me.

I sucessfully flashed Lineage OS on my XA2. I then tried to return to the stock ROM because the developer for Lineage on the XA2 says it won't support VoLTE, which is needed for the carrier that I want to use. In trying to return to stock, I switched memory partitions (A/B) using fastboot without first restarting the XA2 and now the phone will not turn on. When I press the power button the power LED blinks green once, then nothing. When I apply power or plug into a USB port the power LED blinks green about every three seconds. When I press combinations of the volume buttons and power button the power LED blinks green about every three seconds. No access to bootloader or fastboot mode.

I have tried the following key combinations with no success:
    Vol Up + Pwr
    Vol Dn + Pwr
    Vol Both + Pwr

I have tried the following applications with no success:
    Xperia Companion - software repair, phone won't start option - phone not recognized
    Emma (Sony software to reinstall ROM) - phone not recognized

I have an older version of MB cracked, no dongle. I have a second WORKING XA2 that I could pull files from. And I have the replacement ROM from Sony obtained using XperiFirm.

Any suggestions on how I can recover this phone?

The processor is a Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630

Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-05-2019, 11:29 AM
(31-05-2019, 02:40 AM)oldguy327 Hello,
I bricked my Sony Xperia XA2 and I hoping that you can help me.
Thanks.

have you tried flashing stock ftf firmware using flash tool?
ftf firmware @ https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2m1T/LC9XR2grj
flash tool with support for xa2 @ https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=277128
flash tool guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12215.html
flash mode should be vol up then connect the phone to PC via USB cable
This post was last modified: 31-05-2019, 11:30 AM by X3non.
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
31-05-2019, 11:32 PM
X3non,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I do not read Russian, so I am unable to use the link for ftf firmware. Is ftf firmware different from the Sony stock firmware bundle? I downloaded the appropriate Sony firmware bundle using XperiFirm.
Thanks for the link to the flash tool guide - I will follow that.
Thanks,
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
01-06-2019, 04:26 AM
(31-05-2019, 11:32 PM)oldguy327 X3non,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I do not read Russian, so I am unable to use the link for ftf firmware. Is ftf firmware different from the Sony stock firmware bundle? I downloaded the appropriate Sony firmware bundle using XperiFirm.
Thanks for the link to the flash tool guide - I will follow that.
Thanks,

You can convert the page to English language using Google translate, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21549.html
convert XperiFirm firmware to ftf for using on flashtools.
Watch how to convert below
This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 04:27 AM by xerxes.
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
03-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Innagee,
Thank you for the suggestions. I downloaded flashtool (V0.9.25.0) and used XperiFirm within flashtool to download the ftf. All went well until the step where flashtool waits for Flashmode. When I connect my XA2 to the USB cable with the Vol Dn button pressed the XA2 does not go into Flashmode. The only thing that happens is the power LED briefly blinks green about every three seconds. In the past I was able to put the XA2 into Flashmode. But after I switched slots (A/B) I apparently lost the bootloader.

Suggestions?

PS: I verified the cable and drivers using my second XA2 and Emma (the Sony update/backup tool).
PSS: I tried all single button combinations after Vol Dn did not work, and tried waiting for about 30 seconds for each button combination.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
04-06-2019, 06:21 AM
(03-06-2019, 06:36 PM)oldguy327 Innagee,
Thank you for the suggestions. I downloaded flashtool (V0.9.25.0) and used XperiFirm within flashtool to download the ftf. All went well until the step where flashtool waits for Flashmode. When I connect my XA2 to the USB cable with the Vol Dn button pressed the XA2 does not go into Flashmode. The only thing that happens is the power LED briefly blinks green about every three seconds. In the past I was able to put the XA2 into Flashmode. But after I switched slots (A/B) I apparently lost the bootloader.

Suggestions?

PS: I verified the cable and drivers using my second XA2 and Emma (the Sony update/backup tool).
PSS: I tried all single button combinations after Vol Dn did not work, and tried waiting for about 30 seconds for each button combination.
what’s the phone’s current state?
Did you install this driver http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/...companion/ ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-06-2019, 10:28 AM
(03-06-2019, 06:36 PM)oldguy327 Innagee,

Suggestions?

switching to different slots shouldn't cause no bootloader cause both slots on a new device usually holds the same OS until you perform an OS upgrade, unless it's a defect from the manufacturer
answer @innagee's question and you could also try taking out / reinserting the battery before attempting to boot to flash mode
This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 10:32 AM by X3non.
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
04-06-2019, 12:38 PM
The phone is in the same state. When I press the power button I get a short blink green on the power LED, then nothing. If I hold the volume + and/or - and power I get the same. If I press any button combination and plug in a USB cable the power LED blinks green about every 3 seconds. No access to fastboot.
I installed Xperia-Companion and tested it using my 2nd phone and XC recognizes my 2nd phone - but does not detect my bricked phone.
oldguy327
oldguy327
oldguy327
04-06-2019, 12:49 PM
X3non,
The link below shows an example of another XA2 owner who switched slots using fastboot and bricked their phone.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-...2-t3848896
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-06-2019, 08:40 PM

(04-06-2019, 12:38 PM)oldguy327 The phone is in the same state. When I press the power button I get a short blink green on the power LED, then nothing. If I hold the volume + and/or - and power I get the same. If I press any button combination and plug in a USB cable the power LED blinks green about every 3 seconds. No access to fastboot.
I installed Xperia-Companion and tested it using my 2nd phone and XC recognizes my 2nd phone - but does not detect my bricked phone.

is your 2nd phone the same XA2 model? if yes, is XC able to detect the phone in flash mode? (vol down + connect the phone to PC using USB) 
on a different note, take out / reinsert the battery from the phone, launch device manager then connect the bricked phone to the PC while holding vol down button, does device manager refresh?
This post was last modified: 05-06-2019, 09:03 PM by X3non.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next