Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] How to use a Phone backed up Rom to flash a dead phone using SP Flash Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to use a Phone backed up Rom to flash a dead phone using SP Flash Tool

[Please help] How to use a Phone backed up Rom to flash a dead phone using SP Flash Tool

spottykay
spottykay
spottykay
08-06-2019, 01:23 AM

I've been trying to flash a stockrom that was backedup from another MTK Device into Sdcard so now I'm stuck if i'm planning to add that rom to sp flash tool so I can use it for full flashing whereas there is no scatter file in the first place.
How can this be done please?
This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 01:25 AM by spottykay.
apara
apara
apara
08-06-2019, 06:30 AM
The best way if you can still get the device you backed up from is to make a full stock backup that you can flash with spft
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-06-2019, 08:23 AM
(08-06-2019, 01:23 AM)spottykay I've been trying to flash a stockrom that was backedup from another MTK Device into Sdcard so now I'm stuck if i'm planning to add that rom to sp flash tool so I can use it for full flashing whereas there is no scatter file in the first place.

It doesn’t work that way, if it’s an sd card backup then that means it can only be restored via recovery as it was backedup.

What’s the phone’s model?
Is there anything wrong with the phone?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
08-06-2019, 10:31 AM
(08-06-2019, 01:23 AM)spottykay I've been trying to flash a stockrom that was backedup from another MTK Device into Sdcard so now I'm stuck if i'm planning to add that rom to sp flash tool so I can use it for full flashing whereas there is no scatter file in the first place.

backup firmware from the working phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html or https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
spottykay
spottykay
spottykay
08-06-2019, 02:37 PM

(08-06-2019, 08:23 AM)innagee It doesn’t work that way, if it’s an sd card backup then that means it can only be restored via recovery as it was backedup.

What’s the phone’s model?
Is there anything wrong with the phone?

I had a hard bricked malata shake4 which I flashed with spft number of time successfully and yet remained dead, so I found another malata shake 4 which build number differs from the rom i downloaded online in the first place and it's not easy taking away an elderly man's phone just because of it's stockrom needed to flash another so I'm thinking if there could just be a way to generate or create a scatter file after backing up his rom in recovery to flash the other one.
This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 02:43 PM by spottykay. Edit Reason: Incomplete reply
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
08-06-2019, 11:55 PM
(08-06-2019, 02:37 PM)spottykay I had a hard bricked malata shake4 which I flashed with spft number of time successfully and yet remained dead, so I found another malata shake 4 which build number differs from the rom i downloaded online in the first place and it's not easy taking away an elderly man's phone just because of it's stockrom needed to flash another so I'm thinking if there could just be a way to generate or create a scatter file after backing up his rom in recovery to flash the other one.

recovery backup is useless for unbricking a dead phone, make scatter file backup using the links in my previous reply