Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android help me understand the diference between conmination file and eng root,boot etc
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

help me understand the diference between conmination file and eng root,boot etc

help me understand the diference between conmination file and eng root,boot etc

mhc53
mhc53
mhc53
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2019, 02:06 AM

Hi friends I have a doubt about the diference between conbination file and others like eng boot, eng root? are eng boot and eng root made of parts of the combination file? and how is each one different and how are they used to solve problems?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-06-2019, 10:38 AM
(11-06-2019, 02:06 AM)mhc53 Hi friends I have a doubt about the diference between conbination file and others like eng boot, eng root? are eng boot and eng root made of parts of the combination file? and how is each one different and how are they used to solve problems?

combination firmware is used for repairs and testing purposes only on samsung devices and its different from stock firmware
Eng root is just kernel image (boot) usually with root access and ADB enabled
mhc53
mhc53
mhc53
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2019, 12:33 PM
(11-06-2019, 10:38 AM)X3non
(11-06-2019, 02:06 AM)mhc53 Hi friends I have a doubt about the diference between conbination file and others like eng boot, eng root? are eng boot and eng root made of parts of the combination file? and how is each one different and how are they used to solve problems?

combination firmware is used for repairs and testing purposes only on samsung devices and its different from stock firmware
Eng root is just kernel image (boot) usually with root access and ADB enabled
mhc53
mhc53
mhc53
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the help we could say that the eng root o eng boot are the same file as the boot partición file inside the combination file , is like tanking out the boot partion file of the combination file and flashing the phone, we could call that oot partición file alone as a eng boot or eng root.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2019, 03:32 AM

(11-06-2019, 12:39 PM)mhc53 Thanks for the help we could say that the eng root o eng boot are the same file as the boot partición file inside the combination file , is like tanking out the boot partion file of the combination file and flashing the phone, we could call that oot partición file alone as a eng boot or eng root.

Eng boot could also consist of sboot.bin file if its available, also patches such as enabled adb will be added