Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Need Help Restoring Soft Bricked Tecno M7
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Need Help Restoring Soft Bricked Tecno M7

Need Help Restoring Soft Bricked Tecno M7

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 02:17 PM

what do I use to do the backup in recovery mode ?
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 02:32 PM
oh okay... using the sp flash tool to do the backup... hmh
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Is the backup to be done on phone while in recovery mode Or via the SP tool ?
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 02:58 PM
should backing up of the phone ROM, via the SP flash tool, be done while the phone is connected to the pc and is already in recovery mode ?
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 03:09 PM

(24-04-2015, 11:22 AM)hovatek
(24-04-2015, 08:35 AM)Soul Sadly no, not in my current location.  Confused

ok. will have to get you the map values. first, download m7 scatter file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-88.html
then boot into recovery mode and do a backup (just in case it comes in handy)
let me know when done

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html in the part of the guide that explains backing up the entire ROM, it says to " Click Read Back then connect the switched off phone to PC" -- does this imply that all operations should be done with the phone switched off and not in recovery mode like you said earlier. ??
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 03:26 PM
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html
when performing the Read Back operation, to backup the entire ROM, should the phone be in recovery mode (like you said) OR off (like the guide said) ?
Also, can the MTK droid tool be use to read the Block info of the M7 scatter file you pointed to ? so I could check the correct hex addresses.
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Earlier, before the phone crashed last week, I had tried running the framaroot app. I'm uncertain if the phone actually got rooted. However, I just tried MTK droid tools again now, and the device was recognized (while in recovery mode).
At the bottom of the window I have the info "TECHNO M7 system/bin/su is found! Via the ROOT button it is possible to get root shell! "

Do I continue with the SP flash tool route or do I try doing root shell option ??

Will create the scatter file for the phone in the meantime..
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 03:55 PM
I think the phone might have been rooted when I ran framaroot before. But I didn't use rootchecker to confirm.

I've created the scatter file from the phone.

so do I click the "ROOT" button (on the mtk-droid-tools window) now instead of continuing with the SP tools route ?

Could you explain the fixing process via mtk-droid-tools, since it seems easier now that the device is potentially rooted.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-04-2015, 05:42 PM
(24-04-2015, 03:55 PM)Soul I think the phone might have been rooted when I ran framaroot before. But I didn't use rootchecker to confirm.

I've created the scatter file from the phone.

so do I click the "ROOT" button (on the mtk-droid-tools window) now instead of continuing with the SP tools route ?

Could you explain the fixing process via mtk-droid-tools, since it seems easier now that the device is potentially rooted.

backup your phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html
its not the main backup that you need (data.img is the target) but this backup is just in case something goes wrong

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Soul
Soul
Soul
24-04-2015, 05:50 PM

will commence backup then
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next