Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android ROOTING ISSUES
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

ROOTING ISSUES

ROOTING ISSUES

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
05-07-2019, 05:10 PM

(05-07-2019, 01:42 PM)X3non
(05-07-2019, 01:16 AM)dapo4friends Here is the boot.img in zipped form backed up with miraclebox. I hope something comes up..cos this is driving me nuts...

this boot.img is stock not patched_boot and it confirms that you haven't flashed patched_boot
once again, how did you flash patched boot?  attach screenshot of tool used and confirmation of success or even a video if possible

Of course this is the stock boot.img.. that was what you asked me to upload..if you want the one I patched with Magisk..I'll upload that too..

If you check previous replies, I shared exactly how I did the flashing with fastboot command " fastboot boot boot.img" and it was successful after showing the number or seconds it took....
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-07-2019, 09:34 AM
(05-07-2019, 05:10 PM)dapo4friends Of course this is the stock boot.img.. that was what you asked me to upload..if you want the one I patched with Magisk..I'll upload that too..

If you check previous replies, I shared exactly how I did the flashing with fastboot command " fastboot boot boot.img" and it was successful after showing the number or seconds it took....

that's not what i asked you to upload, you mentioned you've flashed patched boot which means if you were to backup boot from the device then you'd get patched_boot and not stock (which is what i asked to upload, a backup of boot on the phone) and you also mentioned after dumping using miracle box and this is what you got

there's still no confirmation that you ever flashed patched boot successfully
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-07-2019, 08:37 AM
(05-07-2019, 05:10 PM)dapo4friends ... I did the flashing with fastboot command " fastboot boot boot.img" and it was successful after showing the number or seconds it took....

That's the wrong command.
Its supposed to be
Code:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
08-07-2019, 09:29 AM
If after using the correct command as posted by @hovatek, and reboot, still, root checker doesn't say phone is rooted, try this;

Download a low version of super su.apk and install it on your phone. Launch it, you'll get a prompt that Su binary needs to be updated. Click on continue and click on normal. If it success, confirm root on root checker, if it falls, reboot phone and try again.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
09-07-2019, 10:56 PM

(08-07-2019, 08:37 AM)hovatek
(05-07-2019, 05:10 PM)dapo4friends ... I did the flashing with fastboot command " fastboot boot boot.img" and it was successful after showing the number or seconds it took....

That's the wrong command.
Its supposed to be
Code:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

this is the screenshot of the failed result i got
Attached Files
.jpg
Capture.JPG
Size: 104.15 KB / Downloads: 8
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
09-07-2019, 11:12 PM
(06-07-2019, 09:34 AM)X3non
(05-07-2019, 05:10 PM)dapo4friends Of course this is the stock boot.img.. that was what you asked me to upload..if you want the one I patched with Magisk..I'll upload that too..

that's not what i asked you to upload, you mentioned you've flashed patched boot which means if you were to backup boot from the device then you'd get patched_boot and not stock (which is what i asked to upload, a backup of boot on the phone) and you also mentioned after dumping using miracle box and this is what you got

there's still no confirmation that you ever flashed patched boot successfully

link to my magisk patched boot.img

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=...mtLAV..ive also posted a screenshot of what i got when i used the fastboot flash boot boot.img command (of course i renamed the patched boot to boot.img)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-07-2019, 10:36 AM
(09-07-2019, 11:12 PM)dapo4friends ...ive also posted a screenshot of what i got when i used the fastboot flash boot boot.img command (of course i renamed the patched boot to boot.img)

use the command below to find the current active slot on your device
Code:

fastboot getvar current-slot

e.g if the outcome is B then flash boot.img to slot B using the command below and if the outcome of previous command is A then replace B with A in the command below
Code:

fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 10:45 AM by X3non.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
10-07-2019, 04:20 PM
(10-07-2019, 10:36 AM)X3non
(09-07-2019, 11:12 PM)dapo4friends ...ive also posted a screenshot of what i got when i used the fastboot flash boot boot.img command (of course i renamed the patched boot to boot.img)

use the command below to find the current active slot on your device
Code:

fastboot getvar current-slot

e.g if the outcome is B then flash boot.img to slot B using the command below and if the outcome of previous command is A then replace B with A in the command below
Code:

fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

IT WORRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD........THANNNNNKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2