Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android dead tecno w3
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

dead tecno w3

dead tecno w3

cosmos
cosmos
cosmos
Enthusiastic Member
23-06-2019, 08:41 AM

Hi, i hv'e a dead w3 which detect the mtk chip when pluge into a computer but cant flash and what i found out on the main pcb was that, the right distribution of power on  all the chips was ok that is, the nand, cpu,memory etc.. was all ok with correct voltages BUT,  that is only after pressing the power bottom and when release the power bottom, all voltages vanish quickly.Please is this a software problem or software related to hardware problem. Is been giving me sleepless night becourse i have been facing this kind of issues on so many kind of mtk , spreadtrum qualcomm chipset smart phones. please is there any help.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-06-2019, 01:09 AM
(23-06-2019, 08:41 AM)cosmos Hi, i hv'e a dead w3 which detect the mtk chip when pluge into a computer but cant flash and what i found out on the main pcb was that, the right distribution of power on  all the chips was ok that is, the nand, cpu,memory etc.. was all ok with correct voltages BUT,  that is only after pressing the power bottom and when release the power bottom, all voltages vanish quickly.Please is this a software problem or software related to hardware problem. Is been giving me sleepless night becourse i have been facing this kind of issues on so many kind of mtk , spreadtrum qualcomm chipset smart phones. please is there any help.

how did the device go totally dead in the first place?
cosmos
cosmos
cosmos
Enthusiastic Member
24-06-2019, 02:26 AM
it got dead 1 week after replacing a broken tourch and screen for a costomer
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-06-2019, 09:35 AM
(24-06-2019, 02:26 AM)cosmos it got dead 1 week after replacing a broken tourch and screen for a costomer

not much info here, a lot could've happened during this one week period. if you're not the owner of the phone then confirm from the owner how exactly the phone went totally dead
cosmos
cosmos
cosmos
Enthusiastic Member
26-06-2019, 01:50 AM

the owner said after the replacement of the screen,he has never enjoy the good fountions of the phone on till then. Also after all this i manage to bring it back to life by pressing the power botton for a little longer but still went off after one hour later when i remove the battry and trying to on it again.
some voltages around the cpu like 1.2v, 0.9v, 1.8v for reset and all the TX, RX good.
sdram=ok
dram=ok
general voltage for the nand=2.8 to 3volt ok
BUT THIS ONLY HAPPEN WHEN THE POWER BOTTON IS SHORTED TO GROUND TO SEND SOME CURRENT TO THE DIVICE TO ON, AND AFTER I RELEASE THE BOTTON , ALL THE ACTIVE VOLTAGES GOES OFF INSTEAD OF HOLDING INTO IT POISSION FOR BOOTING.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-06-2019, 09:55 AM
(26-06-2019, 01:50 AM)cosmos the owner said after the replacement of the screen,he has never enjoy the good fountions of the phone on till then. Also after all this i manage to bring it back to life by pressing the power botton for a little longer but still went off after one hour later when i remove the battry and trying to on it again.
some voltages around the cpu like 1.2v, 0.9v, 1.8v for reset and all the TX, RX good.
sdram=ok
dram=ok
general voltage for the nand=2.8 to 3volt ok
BUT THIS ONLY HAPPEN WHEN THE POWER BOTTON IS SHORTED TO GROUND TO SEND SOME CURRENT TO THE DIVICE TO ON, AND AFTER I RELEASE THE BOTTON , ALL THE ACTIVE VOLTAGES GOES OFF INSTEAD OF HOLDING INTO IT POISSION FOR BOOTING.

hardware problem, take the device to a phone hardware repair technician for proper checkup
cosmos
cosmos
cosmos
Enthusiastic Member
27-06-2019, 10:00 PM
how do i take part of the online classes
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-06-2019, 12:13 AM
(27-06-2019, 10:00 PM)cosmos how do i take part of the online classes

Enroll for MTK repair training @ https://www.udemy.com/mediatek-mobile-so...de=APR1019 and SPD @ https://www.udemy.com/spreadtrum-softwar...de=APR1019