Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] loccation not available, access denied problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] loccation not available, access denied problem

[Please help] loccation not available, access denied problem

swagreed
swagreed
swagreed
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2015, 11:20 AM

anytime i insert any external device into my system window8 and i tried to access the storage device what i get is location not available access denied, including dvd rum.. i have tried so many solutions they are not working.. i tried formatting the system also with window 8 since the dvd rum is also having the same problem, xo it does't allow me to format.. so any help.....?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-04-2015, 04:07 PM
(24-04-2015, 11:20 AM)swagreed anytime i insert any external device into my system window8 and i tried to access the storage device what i get is location not available access denied, including dvd rum.. i have  tried so many solutions they are not working.. i tried formatting the system also with window 8 since the dvd rum is also having the same problem, xo it does't allow me to format.. so any help.....?

its a permission thing. are you using the PC as admin or just regular user?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
swagreed
swagreed
swagreed
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2015, 07:27 PM
(24-04-2015, 04:07 PM)hovatek
(24-04-2015, 11:20 AM)swagreed anytime i insert any external device into my system window8 and i tried to access the storage device what i get is location not available access denied, including dvd rum.. i have  tried so many solutions they are not working.. i tried formatting the system also with window 8 since the dvd rum is also having the same problem, xo it does't allow me to format.. so any help.....?

its a permission thing. are you using the PC as admin or just regular user?

i am using it as an admin... i tried to right click on the file and go to properties.. but it wunt show me the security tab.. and if i uncheck the file at the folder option, still it wunt show the security tab.. i still try using the command prompt "takeown" command it will just tell me that it cant grant me the access to an insecure file... when i try to rename the file it will show, you dont have full permission on this user account... and i am having only one account on the system and i am running it has an administrator
This post was last modified: 24-04-2015, 07:30 PM by swagreed.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-04-2015, 11:16 PM
(24-04-2015, 07:27 PM)swagreed i am using it as an admin... i tried to right click on the file and go to properties.. but it wunt show me the security tab.. and if i uncheck the file at the folder option, still it wunt show the security tab.. i still try using the command prompt "takeown" command it will just tell me that it cant grant me the access to an insecure file... when i try to rename the file it will show, you dont have full permission on this user account... and i am having only one account on the system and i am running it has an administrator

here's what you'll do. try creating a new user account and make that account an admin

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
swagreed
swagreed
swagreed
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2015, 07:20 AM

(24-04-2015, 11:16 PM)hovatek
(24-04-2015, 07:27 PM)swagreed i am using it as an admin... i tried to right click on the file and go to properties.. but it wunt show me the security tab.. and if i uncheck the file at the folder option, still it wunt show the security tab.. i still try using the command prompt "takeown" command it will just tell me that it cant grant me the access to an insecure file... when i try to rename the file it will show, you dont have full permission on this user account... and i am having only one account on the system and i am running it has an administrator

here's what you'll do. try creating a new user account and make that account an admin

i have done that still not working....
swagreed
swagreed
swagreed
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2015, 07:46 AM
there is an account on the system named"administrator" i cant delete the account and i cant remove it from administrator and make it standard... if i create another account and make the account administrator there is going to b two administrators on the system..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-04-2015, 08:12 AM
(25-04-2015, 07:46 AM)swagreed there is an account on the system named"administrator" i cant delete the account and i cant remove it from administrator and make it standard... if i create another account and make the account administrator there is going to b two administrators on the system..

so you're using the PC as a regular user and not as admin right? 2 admins won't harm your PC by the way.
you might need to reinstall windows 8 if that be the case.
read https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...em-cd-dvd/
This post was last modified: 25-04-2015, 08:17 AM by hovatek.

Note!
swagreed
swagreed
swagreed
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2015, 09:05 AM
(25-04-2015, 08:12 AM)hovatek
(25-04-2015, 07:46 AM)swagreed there is an account on the system named"administrator" i cant delete the account and i cant remove it from administrator and make it standard... if i create another account and make the account administrator there is going to b two administrators on the system..

so you're using the PC as a regular user and not as admin right? 2 admins won't harm your PC by the way.
you might need to reinstall windows 8 if that be the case.
read https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...em-cd-dvd/

dats another problem "formatting" actually the window 8 dvd is in my dvd rum.. if i shutdown the system, and i restart it, it wunt tell me to boot from dvd rum, it will just start normally.. and ask me to log in, suppose it allow me to bootfrom dvd rum i would have format it long ago...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-04-2015, 12:28 PM
(25-04-2015, 09:05 AM)swagreed dats another problem "formatting" actually the window 8 dvd is in my dvd rum.. if i shutdown the system, and i restart it, it wunt tell me to boot from dvd rum, it will just start normally.. and ask me to log in, suppose it allow me to bootfrom dvd rum i would have format it long ago...

change boot order in BIOS or keep pressing f9 immediately you press the power button. it should give you a list . select dvd from the list. if f9 doesnt bring it out, try from f6 to f12 . one of them should give you a boot order option
This post was last modified: 25-04-2015, 12:31 PM by hovatek.

Note!
swagreed
swagreed
swagreed
Enthusiastic Member
26-04-2015, 08:27 AM

(25-04-2015, 12:28 PM)hovatek
(25-04-2015, 09:05 AM)swagreed dats another problem "formatting" actually the window 8 dvd is in my dvd rum.. if i shutdown the system, and i restart it, it wunt tell me to boot from dvd rum, it will just start normally.. and ask me to log in, suppose it allow me to bootfrom dvd rum i would have format it long ago...

change boot order in BIOS or keep pressing f9 immediately you press the power button. it should give you a list . select dvd from the list. if f9 doesnt bring it out, try from f6 to f12 . one of them should give you a boot order option

alright thanks