Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

Pages (41): Previous 123 24 25 26 2741 Next
Chikwax
Chikwax
Chikwax
Enthusiastic Member
13-09-2014, 01:56 PM

Pls i need tecno p5 system.img
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-09-2014, 02:24 PM
(13-09-2014, 01:56 PM)Chikwax Pls i need tecno p5 system.img

post a request  as comment @  http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
fmano
fmano
fmano
15-09-2014, 08:05 PM
which version of mtk droid tool is more ideal for mtk back up
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2014, 10:23 PM
(15-09-2014, 08:05 PM)fmano which version of mtk droid tool is more ideal for mtk back up

v 2.5.3 and above

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
centrodean
centrodean
centrodean
18-09-2014, 06:58 PM

i just finish flashing my techno p9 but the phone refuse to power after flashing was completed. please admin help
centrodean
centrodean
centrodean
18-09-2014, 07:02 PM
before my techno p9 got bricked i had a backup of the phone file with mtk droid tool which i used in flashing it. but when flashing was done i saw a green ok circle. i connected the battery and tried powering the phone yet still it refuse to power,... urgent assistance is required.
thanks hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-09-2014, 08:41 PM
(18-09-2014, 07:02 PM)centrodean before my techno p9 got bricked i had a backup of the phone file with mtk droid tool which i used in flashing it. but when flashing was done i saw a green ok circle. i connected the battery and tried powering the phone yet still it refuse to power,... urgent assistance is required.
thanks hovatek
Seems you're mixing up Sp flash tool and MTK droid tools. List all the files in your MTK backup folder
This post was last modified: 18-09-2014, 08:42 PM by hovatek.

Note!
alanta
alanta
alanta
19-09-2014, 12:35 PM
please my tecno F5 is dead and wont skip tecno screen....i cant seem to unlock bootloader too. please can i get the preloader file for tecno F5?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2014, 12:52 PM
(19-09-2014, 12:35 PM)alanta please my tecno F5 is dead and wont skip tecno screen....i cant seem to unlock bootloader too. please can i get the preloader file for tecno F5?

All your phone needs is system.img , don't even go near bootloader or preloader. can you get access to a working F5?

Note!
swapk53
swapk53
swapk53
24-09-2014, 01:49 PM

(14-05-2014, 03:07 AM)hovatek * Note: This procedure is the same for all MTK Android phones (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo, TLC, Lead1 etc) but the backup files to be used differ

If you accidentally bricked your MTK phone through whatever means then see:
How to Unbrick / fix a bricked Tecno phone
How to Unbrick / fix a bricked Gionee phone

Some people; however, attempt unbricking / fixing their bricked MTK phones using either the wrong procedure or OS files. As a result, their devices get worse. The phones enter into a higher level of unbricking whereby, they don't even boot or charge any more, just dead. Even pressing the power button would have no effect in such a scenario. What has happened is called a corrupted or missing Preloader (preloader.bin).
We wont go into details about the function of the Preloader but one function - which you must've figured out by now - is that it helps make your MTK phone boot. To fix the problem of a Corrupted / missing Preloader, you'll need the following:

Tools needed

* Download SP Flash Tool
* PC
* USB Cord
* If you have access to a working phone of the same model then follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html to make an MTK backup which should contain Preloader.bin and all other files you'll need
* If you don't have access to a working phone of the same model then download an MTK backup for your phone model @:

Tecno Stock ROMs
Gionee Stock ROMs
Infinix Stock ROMs
Opsson Stock ROMs

* If the MTK backup doesn't contain preloader.bin then download preloader.bin for your phone model ( Preloader.bin for Tecno phones only )

Procedure

* Using SP Flash Tool, flash the preloader.bin first (see SP Flash tool guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html ).
* If flashing was successful then your phone should at least be able to vibrate when you press the power button or boot if the correct files are present on your phone; else, flash other necessary files to make the phone boot up and start working normally again.

Hi i have a macromax which has a MTK 6589 chipset. While flashing through SP Flash tools its giving me error of brom error not enough space (5069). I read the whole steps you mentioned i tried to flash the preloader.bin file from the mtk backup. it was successful. But when i try to flash the Rom Again it is giving me the same error message. The phone is totally dead. Screen dosent light up.
Pages (41): Previous 123 24 25 26 2741 Next