Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

Pages (41): Previous 134 35 36 37 3841 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-05-2016, 07:54 PM

(07-05-2016, 01:09 AM)judahstribe Pls,i'm having the same error on my techno S3. What can i do?

create a new thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
saaloo
saaloo
saaloo
19-05-2016, 06:36 PM
(22-05-2014, 07:17 AM)dark angel
(14-05-2014, 03:07 AM)hovatek If you accidentally bricked your Tecno phone through whatever means then follow this guide on how to unbrick / fix a bricked Tecno phone to fix it. Some people; however, attempt unbricking / fixing their bricked Tecno phones using either the wrong procedure or OS files. As a result, their devices get worse. The phones enter into a higher level of unbricking whereby, they dont even boot or charge any more, just dead. Even pressing the power button would have no effect in such a scenario. What has happened is called a Corrupted Preloader.
We wont go into details about the function of the Preloader but one function - which you must've figured out by now - is that its what makes your Tecno phone boot. To fix the problem of a Corrupted Preloader, you'll need the following:

Tools needed
* A working Tecno phone of the same model
* Download PdaNet
* Download MTK Droid tools
* Download SP Flash Tool
* PC
* USB Cord

Procedure
* Important! Put aside any procedure you think you know because it obviously has not helped.
* Enable USB debugging on the good Tecno phone (Settings > Developer) then connect it to PC
* Install PdaNet on the PC with the USB debugging enabled working Tecno phone still connected
* At the end of PdaNet installation, you should get a "drivers successfully installed" message
* Launch MTK droid tools still with the working Tecno phone connected to PC
* MTK droid tools should detect and display the phones details by the left along with a yellow box at the bottom
* Click ROOT at the bottom of MTK and select Yes/OK if prompted on PC and Grant if prompted on phone
* A progress bar should load at the bottom shortly after which the yellow box should become green
* Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
* Click Backup (MTK should keep writing some things by the right hand side during backup) and wait till backup is complete
* If you get a prompt to pack backup, select No.
* Once backup is complete, don't close MTK droid tools
* Go to the MTK droid tools folder > Backups > Folder named after the phone's model e.g Tecno_m3_backup.... and take note of this folder as the 'Backup folder' because we'll be referring to it soon
* Go back to MTK droid tools and click 'To prepare blocks for Flash Tool'
* A window will open, in this window, navigate to the Backup folder (mentioned above) and select the md5 file
* MTK will start copying some items (check the right hand side) so wait till copying is complete
* One copying is complete, open the Backup folder and you should see a folder named "!Files to flash"
* Open the "!Files to flash" folder and you should see a file named "preloader.bin" (right-click on the file and select properties to confirm) and it might have a VLC or any other media player icon
* Now that you have the correct preloader file (please forget any other one you think you have), disconnect the working Tecno phone
* Its now time to flash the preloader.bin file to the bricked Tecno phone using SP Flash Tool (see How to use SP Flash Tool)
* Using SP Flash Tool, flash the preloader.bin first.
* If flashing was successful then your phone should be able to vibrate when you press the power button or boot if the correct files are present on your phone; else, flash other necessary files to make the phone boot up and start working normally again.

ok I have open sp flash tool and use your steps but after I hit F9 and download is complete my I tried to boot and its vibrate and not oped

(22-05-2014, 07:17 AM)dark angel
(14-05-2014, 03:07 AM)hovatek If you accidentally bricked your Tecno phone through whatever means then follow this guide on how to unbrick / fix a bricked Tecno phone to fix it. Some people; however, attempt unbricking / fixing their bricked Tecno phones using either the wrong procedure or OS files. As a result, their devices get worse. The phones enter into a higher level of unbricking whereby, they dont even boot or charge any more, just dead. Even pressing the power button would have no effect in such a scenario. What has happened is called a Corrupted Preloader.
We wont go into details about the function of the Preloader but one function - which you must've figured out by now - is that its what makes your Tecno phone boot. To fix the problem of a Corrupted Preloader, you'll need the following:

Tools needed
* A working Tecno phone of the same model
* Download PdaNet
* Download MTK Droid tools
* Download SP Flash Tool
* PC
* USB Cord

Procedure
* Important! Put aside any procedure you think you know because it obviously has not helped.
* Enable USB debugging on the good Tecno phone (Settings > Developer) then connect it to PC
* Install PdaNet on the PC with the USB debugging enabled working Tecno phone still connected
* At the end of PdaNet installation, you should get a "drivers successfully installed" message
* Launch MTK droid tools still with the working Tecno phone connected to PC
* MTK droid tools should detect and display the phones details by the left along with a yellow box at the bottom
* Click ROOT at the bottom of MTK and select Yes/OK if prompted on PC and Grant if prompted on phone
* A progress bar should load at the bottom shortly after which the yellow box should become green
* Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
* Click Backup (MTK should keep writing some things by the right hand side during backup) and wait till backup is complete
* If you get a prompt to pack backup, select No.
* Once backup is complete, don't close MTK droid tools
* Go to the MTK droid tools folder > Backups > Folder named after the phone's model e.g Tecno_m3_backup.... and take note of this folder as the 'Backup folder' because we'll be referring to it soon
* Go back to MTK droid tools and click 'To prepare blocks for Flash Tool'
* A window will open, in this window, navigate to the Backup folder (mentioned above) and select the md5 file
* MTK will start copying some items (check the right hand side) so wait till copying is complete
* One copying is complete, open the Backup folder and you should see a folder named "!Files to flash"
* Open the "!Files to flash" folder and you should see a file named "preloader.bin" (right-click on the file and select properties to confirm) and it might have a VLC or any other media player icon
* Now that you have the correct preloader file (please forget any other one you think you have), disconnect the working Tecno phone
* Its now time to flash the preloader.bin file to the bricked Tecno phone using SP Flash Tool (see How to use SP Flash Tool)
* Using SP Flash Tool, flash the preloader.bin first.
* If flashing was successful then your phone should be able to vibrate when you press the power button or boot if the correct files are present on your phone; else, flash other necessary files to make the phone boot up and start working normally again.

ok I have open sp flash tool and use your steps but after I hit F9 and download is complete my I tried to boot and its vibrate and not oped

can you provide us by the correct preloader,bin for tecno m3 cuz I can't put my hand on a working tecno m3 phone

How do I flash the preloader.bin file to the infinix that is totally dead. I have already copied the preloader.bin file from a working phone of the same model. Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2016, 08:45 PM
(19-05-2016, 06:36 PM)saaloo How do I flash the preloader.bin file to the infinix that is totally dead. I have already copied the preloader.bin file from a working phone of the same model. Thanks.

flash using sp flash tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

but since your phone is totally dead then you'd need to flash a complete backup
This post was last modified: 19-05-2016, 08:47 PM by X3non.
saaloo
saaloo
saaloo
01-06-2016, 07:51 PM
(19-05-2016, 08:45 PM)X3non
(19-05-2016, 06:36 PM)saaloo How do I flash the preloader.bin file to the infinix that is totally dead. I have already copied the preloader.bin file from a working phone of the same model. Thanks.

flash using sp flash tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

but since your phone is totally dead then you'd need to flash a complete backup

But if I have to flash a complete backup, how can I go about that since the phone can no more be detected by the PC?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2016, 03:45 PM

(01-06-2016, 07:51 PM)saaloo But if I have to flash a complete backup, how can I go about that since the phone can no more be detected by the PC?

create a new thread so we focus on this

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kolamike
Kolamike
Kolamike
04-06-2016, 12:48 AM
I flashed a wrong Rom to my gionee p2s and went off completely not even charging.. Pls I need the back up file to download the ones i downloaded from here non of them worked for me.. Keep getting error.. My window 10 detects my phone as port not preloader please help
Kolamike
Kolamike
Kolamike
04-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Please help me with gionee backup for p2s I don't have access to working phone
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-06-2016, 09:45 PM
(04-06-2016, 12:48 AM)Kolamike I flashed a wrong Rom to my gionee p2s and went off completely not even charging.. Pls I need the back up file to download  the ones i downloaded from here non of them worked for me..  Keep getting error.. My window 10 detects my phone as port not preloader please help

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12237.html

Note!
iorgubiti
iorgubiti
iorgubiti
13-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Please help me,I have a totally dead Lenovo S820.I tried to unbrick with SP Flash Tool but I received the message: "ERROR : S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (4058)"Cannot found memory " .
When I connect the Phone to the computer in order to flash it I can see the MTK USB VCOM PORT in the device manager for a few seconds but after that it disconnects.
What can I do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-06-2016, 07:59 PM

(13-06-2016, 04:46 PM)iorgubiti Please help me,I have a totally dead Lenovo S820.I tried to unbrick with SP Flash Tool but I received the message: "ERROR : S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (4058)"Cannot found memory " .
When I connect the Phone to the computer in order to flash it I can see the MTK USB VCOM PORT in the device manager for a few seconds but after that it disconnects.
What can I do?

create a new thread for this

Note!
Pages (41): Previous 134 35 36 37 3841 Next