Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Custom Twrp porting
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Custom Twrp porting

[Development] Custom Twrp porting

Raopiplus
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
04-07-2019, 08:27 AM

I have been able to port TWRP images for Ziox duopix F9 and Logicom le must. If anybody is interested they can contact here. (either for files or how I could do it)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-07-2019, 11:23 AM
(04-07-2019, 08:27 AM)Raopiplus I have been able to port TWRP images for Ziox duopix F9 and Logicom le must. If anybody is interested they can contact here. (either for files or how I could do it)

or you could simply share what you have here on this thread
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
04-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Sure, in a day or two i will post the method
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
06-07-2019, 05:41 PM
This is my first attempt at writing a guide for porting TWRP by manual method. So I will visit a few times to followup/ clarify any issues as required.

Porting of twrp on spreadtrum device posed a few challenges. I could not use autotwrp as the resultant image could be flashed but didnot boot to recovery.
Hence i decided to port manually. the first requirement was to find a compatible twrp image of same processor and specs. in my case the soc was sc9850ka.
First i failed but later i found that i have to get the TWRP image of same soc with the same extension which in my case was sc9850ka_2C30/20. Generally you can find it out when the pac file is loaded in SPD rearchdownload tool.(it will come out in the header of the Tool.) Otherwise you have to see the temporary files in the researchdownload tool for the xml file. It will be labelled like sc9850ka_2C30/20.xml.
Once you have the correct TWRP image file porting is more or less straightforward.

Using Carliv image kitchen extract twrp.img as port recovery. You may have to rename TWRP.img as recovery.img. copy the extracted recovery folder to a new folder and name it port

Take stock recovery.img and repeat same steps, copy the extracted folder to new folder and rename it stock.

now open stock folder and port folder side by side. each will contain recovery folder. Open both. Copy all the files except ramdisk folder from stock to port recovery folder.
Say yes to overwite all port files(9 recovery*.* in my case.)
Now open ramdisk folder in stock and port folders. Load fstab.* of port and recovery in notepad++. Run plugins compare, compare.
Notespad will highlight differences. Copy differing lines from stock to port, save port fstab.*(fstab.sp9850ka_2c30 in my case).

copy recovery folder of ported recovery and replace it in carliv image kitchen of TWRP image.
Now run carliv image kitchen and opt to repack ported recovery folder. It will repack adding date to output recovery image.
rename it to recovery.img and flash it either through fastboot or using spd flash tool.

Better to open two separate carliv image kitchen folders and use one for stock recovery image and another for port recovery image extraction and repacking.

HTH
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
08-07-2019, 04:21 PM

(06-07-2019, 05:41 PM)Raopiplus This is my first attempt at writing a guide for porting TWRP by manual method. So I will visit a few times to followup/ clarify any issues as required.

Porting of twrp on spreadtrum device posed a few challenges. I could not use autotwrp as the resultant image could be flashed but didnot boot to recovery.
Hence i decided to port manually. the first requirement was to find a compatible twrp image of same processor and specs. in my case the soc was sc9850ka.
First i failed but later i found that i have to get the TWRP image of same soc with the same extension which in my case was sc9850ka_2C30/20. Generally you can find it out when the pac file is loaded in SPD rearchdownload tool.(it will come out in the header of the Tool.) Otherwise you have to see the temporary files in the researchdownload tool for the xml file. It will be labelled like sc9850ka_2C30/20.xml.
Once you have the correct TWRP image file porting is more or less straightforward.

Using Carliv image kitchen extract twrp.img as port recovery. You may have to rename TWRP.img as recovery.img. copy the extracted recovery folder to a new folder and name it port

Take stock recovery.img and repeat same steps, copy the extracted folder to new folder and rename it stock.

now open stock folder and port folder side by side. each will contain recovery folder. Open both. Copy all the files except ramdisk folder from stock to port recovery folder.
Say yes to overwite all port files(9 recovery*.* in my case.)
Now open ramdisk folder in stock and port folders. Load fstab.* of port and recovery in notepad++. Run plugins compare, compare.
Notespad will highlight differences. Copy differing lines from stock to port, save port fstab.*(fstab.sp9850ka_2c30 in my case).

copy recovery folder of ported recovery and replace it in carliv image kitchen of TWRP image.
Now run carliv image kitchen and opt to repack ported recovery folder. It will repack adding date to output recovery image.
rename it to recovery.img and flash it either through fastboot or using spd flash tool.

Better to open two separate carliv image kitchen folders and use one for stock recovery image and another for port recovery image extraction and repacking.

HTH
You can share that twrp here so it can be helpful for other people's.
Upload it to mega or google drive and share link here.
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
Raopiplus
09-07-2019, 06:26 AM
Sorry as I do not wish to have any kind of cloud account. I can email to you if you wish to have a copy of TWRP.img of
Lemust or Ziox_duopix. No problem
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
09-07-2019, 07:16 AM
(09-07-2019, 06:26 AM)Raopiplus Sorry as I do not wish to have any kind of cloud account. I can email to you if you wish to have a copy of TWRP.img of
I don't need that
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
09-07-2019, 10:51 AM
(09-07-2019, 06:26 AM)Raopiplus Sorry as I do not wish to have any kind of cloud account. I can email to you if you wish to have a copy of TWRP.img of

you must have a google account (gmail), if that is correct then you auto have a google drive account. there's no escaping having a cloud storage account once you have a google account
This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 10:53 AM by X3non.