Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Dead Infinix Zero.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Dead Infinix Zero.

[Please help] Dead Infinix Zero.

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
Triumphant
Triumphant
Triumphant
25-04-2015, 01:10 AM

I accidentally bricked my Infinix zero 16gb while trying to install a custom android 5.0 rom. I did flash a new recovery in it, but now the phone wont come on. It doesn't even charge. Nothing's workin. It's dead. I viewed the steps from other threads but they dont work for me. Wen i click download while trying to flash, nothing happens and i dont see any red bar. It just greys out the other options apart from the stop, and stops there. No software detects my phone. Pls help. Pls.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-04-2015, 12:42 PM
(25-04-2015, 01:10 AM)Triumphant I accidentally bricked my Infinix zero 16gb while trying to install a custom android 5.0 rom. I did flash a new recovery in it, but now the phone wont come on. It doesn't even charge. Nothing's workin. It's dead. I viewed the steps from other threads but they dont work for me. Wen i click download while trying to flash, nothing happens and i dont see any red bar. It just greys out the other options apart from the stop, and stops there. No software detects my phone. Pls help. Pls.

sp flash tool wont detect your phone till you install vcom drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
BTW, do you have the stock ROM and how did you get it?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Triumphant
Triumphant
Triumphant
25-04-2015, 04:15 PM
I backed it up before embarking on the process. It now boots into recovery, but it's not CWM. It's the TWRP i installed earlier. This recovery doesn't read sd cards. It shows them as empty paths. If there was a way to put the back up in my internal storage, or at least change the recovery to Clock Work Mod.. I could Still revive my phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-04-2015, 09:46 PM
(25-04-2015, 04:15 PM)Triumphant I backed it up before embarking on the process. It now boots into recovery, but it's not CWM. It's the TWRP i installed earlier.  This recovery doesn't read sd cards. It shows them as empty paths. If there was a way to put the back up in my internal storage, or at least change the recovery to Clock Work Mod.. I could Still revive my phone.

did you make the backup using cwm or twrp?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Triumphant
Triumphant
Triumphant
26-04-2015, 12:02 PM

MTK droid tools with a laptop. The whole folder is there.. I have the backed up files of around 4gb. If i zip the backed up folder, is it possible to install it as a rom? Or do i have to download a new rom. I cant find Infinix Zero Stock rom anywhere. Thanks.
Triumphant
Triumphant
Triumphant
26-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Also, i have access to a non rooted Same Model Infinix zero. Still as new.. How do i have to back up the rom so i can re-flash it into the bricked phone?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-04-2015, 12:56 PM
(26-04-2015, 12:02 PM)Triumphant MTK droid tools with a laptop. The whole folder is there.. I have the backed up files of around 4gb. If i zip the backed up folder, is it possible to install it as a rom? Or do i have to download a new rom. I cant find Infinix Zero Stock rom anywhere. Thanks.

open the mtk droid tools > backup folder and tell me what you see

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-04-2015, 12:57 PM
(26-04-2015, 12:12 PM)Triumphant Also, i have access to a non rooted Same Model Infinix zero. Still as new.. How do i have to back up the rom so i can re-flash it into the bricked phone?

since you backed up your phone using mtk droid tools before bricking, lets explore your own backup. if that fails then we fall back to this

Note!
Triumphant
Triumphant
Triumphant
26-04-2015, 05:53 PM
OK. Inside MTK Droid tools/backups is a folder with A long name having 'InfinixX506...' It's around 4gb. Underneath it is another zipped file with the same name. 1.98gb. Inside the infinix folder are some files including a scatter file, an md5, some tar files, cache files, system files boot.img etc.
Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-04-2015, 08:29 AM

(26-04-2015, 05:53 PM)Triumphant OK. Inside MTK Droid tools/backups is a folder with A long name having 'InfinixX506...' It's around 4gb. Underneath it is another zipped file with the same name. 1.98gb. Inside the infinix folder are some files including a scatter file, an md5, some tar files, cache files, system files boot.img etc.
Thanks.

open the 4GB folder. is there a folder named !files to flash?

Note!
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next