Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] THL T6C Stuck on boot logo [SP FlashTool Errors]
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] THL T6C Stuck on boot logo [SP FlashTool Errors]

[Please help] THL T6C Stuck on boot logo [SP FlashTool Errors]

mickey5050
mickey5050
mickey5050
16-07-2019, 07:10 PM

I currently have a THL T6C in my possession at the moment. The device just wont boot past the spash logo.
These are what i have tried so far:
  • It displays the battery sign when connected to a power source but the charging sign never moves (I'm sure it charges the battery tho). 
  • I am able to access the bootloader which in turn allows me to access fastboot yet most of the commands fail or return "unknown command".
  • I am unable to boot into recovery. Whenever i try, it just hangs.
  • I tried to flash the device using a variant of SP Flashtool called (BirdA Cust Toolpack) which i downloaded off the THL website. Yet it failed at formatting the emmc.
  • I downloaded all three firmwares from the THL site for the device and none of them was able to move past the formatting phase.
  • I then downloaded the actual SP Flashtool both linux and windows and yet still, it always gets stuck at the formatting stage.
[Image: TBcb7xA.png]
[*][Image: WddO0PO.png]

At a point in time, i thought the EMMC was corrupted or something since SP Flashtool was unable to format it, yet when i tried to use the readback feature in SP Flashtool to read the various partitions, it read successfully which made me believe the EMMC chip was fine.

Any help would be great as to how to fix this device.
This post was last modified: 16-07-2019, 07:23 PM by mickey5050.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-07-2019, 10:19 AM
(16-07-2019, 07:10 PM)mickey5050 I currently have a THL T6C in my possession at the moment. The device just wont boot past the spash logo.

in some cases, you can perfectly readback off a device with faulty emmc chip so reading back doesn't guarantee that the emmc chip is fine
try flashing the firmware using "download only" in sp flash tool
and is the bootloader unlocked? you can check in fastboot using the command "fastboot getvar unlocked"
mickey5050
mickey5050
mickey5050
22-07-2019, 12:04 AM
(17-07-2019, 10:19 AM)X3non
(16-07-2019, 07:10 PM)mickey5050 I currently have a THL T6C in my possession at the moment. The device just wont boot past the spash logo.

in some cases, you can perfectly readback off a device with faulty emmc chip so reading back doesn't guarantee that the emmc chip is fine
try flashing the firmware using "download only" in sp flash tool
and is the bootloader unlocked? you can check in fastboot using the command "fastboot getvar unlocked"

I remember checking the Allow Bootloader Unlock feature in Developer Options back when it was able to boot.

Last time i tried to unlock the bootloader, it failed. I remember entering the command you suggested above and other fastboot commands and each time, it returned "Unknown Command" or something of the sort.

And oh, i have tried the download only option in SP FlashTool It just sat there and eventually failed after a little while.

UPDATE:

So i retried your command again and tried to unlock the bootloader since it reported the bootloader as locked and this is what i got.

[Image: Re3Ic9U.png]
This post was last modified: 22-07-2019, 12:14 AM by mickey5050.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-07-2019, 10:50 AM
(22-07-2019, 12:04 AM)mickey5050 I remember checking the Allow Bootloader Unlock feature in Developer Options back when it was able to boot.

some phone will disable the bootloader unlock button in developer option at every restart, cant rule that out but you can the two commands below
fastboot oem unlock-go
fastboot flashing unlock

try using write memory option in sp flash tool
To activate write memory tab, press 'Ctrl + Alt + V' to enabled advanced mode then click Window > Write Memory
file path: add the file you intend to flash e.g boot.img
begin address: the start address for the partition you intend to flash e.g check the scatter file for start address for boot
region: check scatter file
see if sp flash tool is able to write any file
This post was last modified: 22-07-2019, 10:50 AM by X3non.
mickey5050
mickey5050
mickey5050
23-07-2019, 09:52 AM

(22-07-2019, 10:50 AM)X3non
(22-07-2019, 12:04 AM)mickey5050 I remember checking the Allow Bootloader Unlock feature in Developer Options back when it was able to boot.

some phone will disable the bootloader unlock button in developer option at every restart, cant rule that out but you can the two commands below
fastboot oem unlock-go
fastboot flashing unlock

try using write memory option in sp flash tool
To activate write memory tab, press 'Ctrl + Alt + V' to enabled advanced mode then click Window > Write Memory
file path: add the file you intend to flash e.g boot.img
begin address: the start address for the partition you intend to flash e.g check the scatter file for start address for boot
region: check scatter file
see if sp flash tool is able to write any file
Thank you for replying once again.

So i tried the above fastboot commands and unlock-go resulted the same as when i tried oem unlock.
The unlock dialog shows up on the phone, i press volume up to unlock bootloader, but then it says unlock failed.
[Image: PMnIQ0C.png]

With the SP Tool approach, I was able to load the file just like u said. I actually tried flashing recovery, then boot. But both failed with an error 5.
When SP Tool detects the phone and loads the DA, it just sits there at the writing stage at 0% then throws an error after some seconds.
[Image: fuIE7z3.png]

I am just wondering if it's possible to enable Allow Bootloader Unlock another way as i can't boot into android.
I have a feeling the bootloader is trying to read the value or flag that gets set when allow Bootloader unluck is enabled. But since android is not present, the bootloader must be failing to read that value or something.

I am not entirely sure...just a crazy idea.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2019, 03:39 PM
(23-07-2019, 09:52 AM)mickey5050 Thank you for replying once again.
[/color]I am just wondering if it's possible to enable Allow Bootloader Unlock another way as i can't boot into android.
I have a feeling the bootloader is trying to read the value or flag that gets set when allow Bootloader unluck is enabled. But since android is not present, the bootloader must be failing to read that value or something.

Sadly that's not possible, and everythings pointing to a faulty emmc chip
you should consider getting it checked, fixed or replaced by a phone hardware repair technician
This post was last modified: 23-07-2019, 03:56 PM by X3non.
mickey5050
mickey5050
mickey5050
25-07-2019, 08:42 AM
(23-07-2019, 03:39 PM)X3non
(23-07-2019, 09:52 AM)mickey5050 Thank you for replying once again.
[/color]I am just wondering if it's possible to enable Allow Bootloader Unlock another way as i can't boot into android.

Sadly that's not possible, and everythings pointing to a faulty emmc chip
you should consider getting it checked, fixed or replaced by a phone hardware repair technician
Hmm...I guess this was what i feared. Anyway, thanks for taking time to assist me with this troubleshooting.