Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs S5 Touch Misbehaving
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

S5 Touch Misbehaving

S5 Touch Misbehaving

Mubarak Sa'eed Ibrahim
Mubarak Sa'eed Ibrahim
Mubarak Sa'eed Ibrahim
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2019, 04:09 AM

My galaxy s5 is acting strange, it was working fine untill i flashed the lineage pie os....the problem is that sometimes the touch sensor refuses to work and then all of a sudden it starts working after a few days or hours, what's more strange about this is when the touch stops working and i reboot the device , it wont boot it gets stuck on bootloop but when the touch start working again then it boots up. i tried flashing back to stock but i still face the same problem ("the touch refusing to work whenever it wish") the only difference is that it successfully reboots on stock rom even when the touch stops working......forgive my english and please help. Thank you Huh
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
18-07-2019, 05:59 AM
(18-07-2019, 04:09 AM)Mubarak Sa\eed Ibrahim
My galaxy s5 is acting strange, it was working fine untill i flashed the lineage pie os....the problem is that sometimes the touch sensor refuses to work and then all of a sudden it starts working after a few days or hours, what's more strange about this is when the touch stops working and i reboot the device , it wont boot it gets stuck on bootloop but when the touch start working again then it boots up. i tried flashing back to stock but i still face the same problem ("the touch refusing to work whenever it wish") the only difference is that it successfully reboots on stock rom even when the touch stops working......forgive my english and please help. Thank you Huh
Hello sorry for that... But if I may ask.

1 Did You try doing factory resetting
2. If you do factory resetting and still given the same problem, try flashing your old firmware. Please Note if still this same issue, then I will advice you to check the touch screen..
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
18-07-2019, 10:53 AM

that's hardware problem, check and or change the touch if necessary take the phone to a hardware repair technician
Mubarak Sa'eed Ibrahim
Mubarak Sa'eed Ibrahim
Mubarak Sa'eed Ibrahim
Enthusiastic Member
19-07-2019, 12:43 AM
(18-07-2019, 05:59 AM)ALBA

2. If you do factory resetting and still given the same problem, try flashing your old firmware. Please Note if still this same issue, then I will advice you to check the touch screen..

Thank You and yes i tried doing all that, but what i don't understand is why the phone won't boot on a custom rom when the screen starts misbehaving
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
19-07-2019, 10:59 AM

(19-07-2019, 12:43 AM)Mubarak Sa\eed Ibrahim Thank You and yes i tried doing all that, but what i don't understand is why the phone won't boot on a custom rom when the screen starts misbehaving

probably the custom rom is faulty, have you fixed the touch screen? you mentioned you've tried doing all that
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
23-07-2019, 09:10 AM
(19-07-2019, 12:43 AM)Mubarak Sa\eed Ibrahim
(18-07-2019, 05:59 AM)ALBA

Thank You and yes i tried doing all that, but what i don't understand is why the phone won't boot on a custom rom when the screen starts misbehaving
Try doing what @freshtyt said