Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Issues with ported recovery of YU5014
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Issues with ported recovery of YU5014

[Please help] Issues with ported recovery of YU5014

licwo
licwo
licwo
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2019, 10:11 AM

Hello,
I have followed the guide to port TWRP for my YU Ace (YU5014). I got final output and also TWRP flashed successfully but I am getting following issues.
1. Backup does not work properly - Sometimes it does not take backups and sometimes exceeds the memory it has to backup. 
2. If backup is successful, when I reboot from TWRP backup disappears. Also backup process filling bar (shows percentage of completion ) is not showing.
3. For example,  if 3GB of data is there to backup then, after reaching also backup process does not end. (When I tried to take backup of 2.8GB the process did not stop even after reaching 5GB)
4. My device has a secure boot, I have to factory reset TWRP everytime before using it. (Any solution if possible)
5. USB is not mounting. (Unable to use it so Sideload option is not available).
6. I am getting 5 Storages (1 Internal, 1 Sdcard and 3 Storage).
7. Unable to see Zip files.
8. Up A Level (Go to previous directory) cannot be seen sometimes.

Please help me. I flashed magisk_boot img (got Root access) before flashing TWRP.
I have used the latest Beta 1.4 to port TWRP.

My Device:
Brand: YU Ace
Model: YU 5014
Memory: 2 GB
Storage: 16 GB
Platform: MT 6739WW
This post was last modified: 23-07-2019, 07:59 AM by licwo.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2019, 07:34 PM
(18-07-2019, 10:11 AM)licwo Hello,
I have followed the guide to port TWRP for my YU Ace (YU5014). I got final output and also TWRP flashed successfully but I am getting following issues.
1. Backup does not work properly - Sometimes it does not take backups and sometimes exceeds the memory it has to backup. 
2. If backup is successful, when I reboot from TWRP backup disappears. Also backup process filling bar (shows percentage of completion ) is not showing.
3. For example,  if 3GB of data is there to backup then, after reaching also backup process does not end. (When I tried to take backup of 2.8GB the process did not stop even after reaching 5GB)
4. My device has a secure boot, I have to factory reset TWRP everytime before using it. (Any solution if possible)

1. explain properly what you mean "by sometimes exceeds the memory it has to backup". you should ensure you have enough free space before proceeding to backup
2. backup doesn't exist cause you need to format /data each time you boot into twrp, you can backup to external storage if available as its not affected
3. try making backup of a small partition and check the outcome
4. secure boot is different from encrypted userdata, you can try formatting userdata >> flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and magisk.zip >> then reboot and check if encryption is gone
5. sideloading, ensure you installed adb drivers on the PC and phone is detected properly in device manager
6. you want to attach screenshot of this
7. ensure you are not on "Install img" page in twrp or you wont find any zips
licwo
licwo
licwo
Enthusiastic Member
19-07-2019, 07:14 AM
(18-07-2019, 07:34 PM)X3non
(18-07-2019, 10:11 AM)licwo Hello,

1. explain properly what you mean "by sometimes exceeds the memory it has to backup". you should ensure you have enough free space before proceeding to backup
2. backup doesn't exist cause you need to format /data each time you boot into twrp, you can backup to external storage if available as its not affected
3. try making backup of a small partition and check the outcome
4. secure boot is different from encrypted userdata, you can try formatting userdata >> flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and magisk.zip >> then reboot and check if encryption is gone
5. sideloading, ensure you installed adb drivers on the PC and phone is detected properly in device manager
6. you want to attach screenshot of this
7. ensure you are not on "Install img" page in twrp or you wont find any zips

Sorry for jumbling the sentences.

1. Answer for first is explained in the 3rd sentence of the above issues.
2. After entering TWRP, I immediately do a factory reset.  (I have seen log, there it gave hint to do factory reset before using TWRP). Does factory reset wont help it?
3. I will do this when I install TWRP again.
4. I flashed boot.img (A modified boot.img from Magisk). I did this flash before flashing TWRP. Does this cause any problem. How to get no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip? There are some no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip files in this link (https://build.nethunter.com/android-tool...t-encrypt/) Can I flash them?
5. ADB drivers are installed properly. As soon as I leave TWRP recovery, I can use both ADB and/or fastboot (in bootloader).
6. Zip files are not visible to me even after selecting install Zip.

I have unpacked ported img and observed that this line androidboot.selinux=permissive was used in recovery.img-cmdline. Will that cause any problem. 

I forgot to take image I will upload if I flashed TWRP again.

Also recovery.fstab in ported TWRP is same as recovery.fstab in Stock recovery. 

For example:

recovery.fstab in Stock recovery and ported recovery:

/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/protect1 /vendor/protect_f ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,formattable
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/protect2 /vendor/protect_s ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,formattable
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvdata /vendor/nvdata ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check,formattable
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvcfg /vendor/nvcfg ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,formattable

I have taken another MT6739 TWRP (example one) recovery and saw recovery.fstab is different. 

Here is recovery.fstab in TWRP recovery (example one):

/boot_para emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/boot_para flags=display="boot_para";backup=1
/recovery emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/recovery flags=display="recovery";backup=1;flashimg=1
/para emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para flags=display="para";backup=1
/expdb emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/expdb
/frp emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/frp flags=display="frp";backup=1
/nvcfg ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvcfg flags=display="nvcfg";backup=1
/nvdata ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvdata flags=display="nvdata";backup=1

recovery.fstab in ported recovery is not similar to the example TWRP taken. I mean the format has changed. Ported TWRP has /dev/block ... but example recovery has /boot_param ...

Will that cause any problem?

Thanks for the reply.
This post was last modified: 19-07-2019, 07:29 AM by licwo.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-07-2019, 12:16 PM
(19-07-2019, 07:14 AM)licwo Sorry for jumbling the sentences.

2. After entering TWRP, I immediately do a factory reset.  (I have seen log, there it gave hint to do factory reset before using TWRP). Does factory reset wont help it?
4. I flashed boot.img (A modified boot.img from Magisk). I did this flash before flashing TWRP. Does this cause any problem. How to get no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip? There are some no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip files in this link (https://build.nethunter.com/android-tool...t-encrypt/) Can I flash them?
5. ADB drivers are installed properly. As soon as I leave TWRP recovery, I can use both ADB and/or fastboot (in bootloader).

I have unpacked ported img and observed that this line androidboot.selinux=permissive was used in recovery.img-cmdline. Will that cause any problem. 

For example:

/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/protect1 /vendor/protect_f ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,formattable
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/protect2 /vendor/protect_s ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,formattable
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvdata /vendor/nvdata ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check,formattable
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvcfg /vendor/nvcfg ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,formattable

I have taken another MT6739 TWRP (example one) recovery and saw recovery.fstab is different. 

/boot_para emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/boot_para flags=display="boot_para";backup=1
/recovery emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/recovery flags=display="recovery";backup=1;flashimg=1
/para emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para flags=display="para";backup=1
/frp emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/frp flags=display="frp";backup=1
/nvcfg ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvcfg flags=display="nvcfg";backup=1
/nvdata ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/nvdata flags=display="nvdata";backup=1

recovery.fstab in ported recovery is not similar to the example TWRP taken. I mean the format has changed. Ported TWRP has /dev/block ... but example recovery has /boot_param ...

Thanks for the reply.

no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip; download the 6.0 from the list

when you boot twrp, do you get a notification to enter password to decrypt data?
under TWRP > Mounts; are you able to mount the items on the list successfully?
and where's the screenshot of your TWRP > Mounts > select storage?
licwo
licwo
licwo
Enthusiastic Member
19-07-2019, 03:30 PM

(19-07-2019, 12:16 PM)X3non
(19-07-2019, 07:14 AM)licwo Sorry for jumbling the sentences.

For example:

Thanks for the reply.

no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip; download the 6.0 from the list

when you boot twrp, do you get a notification to enter password to decrypt data?
under TWRP > Mounts; are you able to mount the items on the list successfully?
and where's the screenshot of your TWRP > Mounts > select storage?

I have flashed TWRP again and now I have images.

That no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip did not work.

Yes  I am getting notification to enter password.
Check below images for mounting different partitions/items.
I am unable to access Inter Storage either from Install option or File Manager.
Two backups were taken (into Storage 1) and none are visible.
adb is not working when I am in TWRP.
Forgot to mention: USB transfering is also not working.
This post was last modified: 23-07-2019, 07:59 AM by licwo.
licwo
licwo
licwo
Enthusiastic Member
20-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Hello I made changes myself and TWRP is now working fine. But still I am unable to use USB while I am in TWRP.

Thank You for your response.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-07-2019, 01:00 PM
(19-07-2019, 03:30 PM)licwo I have flashed TWRP again and now I have images.

Images in this link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

from your images
1&2. you're using "install zip" when there's clearly no zips in that location. the location shows twrp backup location, which means you should've used twrp>restore and not twrp>install
3. the progress bar's showing exactly how it should, the blue progress line moves, partition size and 100%
4. internal storage looks like your internal storage which was formatted when you formatted /data, basically its empty or should be empty. the 3 storages can be ignored. the storage1 looks like your external sd, confirm if you have an external_sd inserted in the phone and if the free storage space left is the same amount indicated in the image (if yes, you can try looking for zip using external_sd --- boot the phone then copy your zip file into external sd, reboot to twrp and select storage1 and try install zip)
5. similar to 1&2, you're using 'install zip' in internal storage which you just formatted, there's no zip files there

how did you confirm no-ver-opt zip didn't work;
you formatted /data, flashed no-ver-opt.zip then flashed magisk.zip then rebooted twrp recovery and still got the prompt to input password to decrypt data?
licwo
licwo
licwo
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2019, 11:53 AM
(20-07-2019, 01:00 PM)X3non
(19-07-2019, 03:30 PM)licwo I have flashed TWRP again and now I have images.

Images in this link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

from your images
1&2. you're using "install zip" when there's clearly no zips in that location. the location shows twrp backup location, which means you should've used twrp>restore and not twrp>install
3. the progress bar's showing exactly how it should, the blue progress line moves, partition size and 100%
4. internal storage looks like your internal storage which was formatted when you formatted /data, basically its empty or should be empty. the 3 storages can be ignored. the storage1 looks like your external sd, confirm if you have an external_sd inserted in the phone and if the free storage space left is the same amount indicated in the image (if yes, you can try looking for zip using external_sd --- boot the phone then copy your zip file into external sd, reboot to twrp and select storage1 and try install zip)
5. similar to 1&2, you're using 'install zip' in internal storage which you just formatted, there's no zip files there

how did you confirm no-ver-opt zip didn't work;
you formatted /data, flashed no-ver-opt.zip then flashed magisk.zip then rebooted twrp recovery and still got the prompt to input password to decrypt data?
I made changes to some files and now TWRP is showing correctly. You have implemented v2 fstab and that was new to me and so I was unable to fix that.

I made enough research and found that most of them are implementing V2 fstabs. Also got that with no-verity you need to format every time after entering into TWRP recovery. 

Also there recovery.fstab from Stock was copied into both recovery.fsatb and twrp.fstab in TWRP. That made all the mess and I got 4 Storages (1 vendor, 1 vendor_img, 1 Sdcard and 1 Otg). I made modifications to some others files and everything is working fine.

Yes I misunderstood the new version. So from now onwards if I enetr into TWRP for 1st time then I have to enter password, at the same time if I format data and reboot to recovery then I need not enter password. 

I have different versions like flashing Magisk, modified_boot after flashing no-verity script. 

That no-verity script did not make any difference. 

Again Thank You for your time with me.

Keep Rocking. Big Grin