Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno NX stuck on bootloop then dead
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno NX stuck on bootloop then dead

[Please help] Tecno NX stuck on bootloop then dead

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
30-07-2019, 12:24 PM

(30-07-2019, 12:04 PM)X3non loosen the back cover to get access to the battery or find someone who can then disconnect / reconnect the battery and leave the phone to charge
I've flashed successfully those file one by one so far: boot.img, recovery.img, userdata.img and cache.img.
I'll try to teardown my phone as you suggest. But I have a question: which partition is responsible of charging the phone. Is it /system or /boot? I always thought it was /boot. Sorry for asking but my curiosity and learning must be satisfied Big Grin.

RMT

Edit: Ok, so I've searched a bit and found that it is lk.img. So should I flash that too? Also, we have to keep in mind that the new firmware I flashed doesn't have the same build number as my own firmware before it got bricked (the new is an update, obviously) so maybe it may not boot too due the more recent boot and recovery I've flashed earlier (?).
This post was last modified: 30-07-2019, 12:49 PM by RMT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-07-2019, 03:39 PM
(30-07-2019, 12:24 PM)RMT ...

perform the instructions you've been asked to before jumping into try random things out or you might end up worsening the condition of the phone
This post was last modified: 30-07-2019, 03:39 PM by X3non.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
31-07-2019, 10:41 AM
(30-07-2019, 03:39 PM)X3non
(30-07-2019, 12:24 PM)RMT ...

perform the instructions you've been asked to before jumping into try random things out or you might end up worsening the condition of the phone
Hello

I'm sorry, I won't try anything, just asking.

And I've opened my phone, disconnected the battery plug then reconnecting and charging this whole morning. 
However, the situation hasn't change. Still no boot screen nor charging screen. Only the preloader sound when plugged in to a pc.
Even trying to flash system.img again using sp flash tool has failed (at 39%) due to automatic disconnection from the phone, again.

RMT
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-07-2019, 02:26 PM
(31-07-2019, 10:41 AM)RMT ...
Even trying to flash system.img again using sp flash tool has failed (at 39%) due to automatic disconnection from the phone, again.

RMT

try flashing the entire contents of the factory firmware and try using a different USB cable or USB port or PC and or place the phone on a stationary place to avoid disconnection while flashing
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
31-07-2019, 03:00 PM

(31-07-2019, 02:26 PM)X3non
(31-07-2019, 10:41 AM)RMT ...

RMT

try flashing the entire contents of the factory firmware and try using a different USB cable or USB port or PC and or place the phone on a stationary place to avoid disconnection while flashing
Before I go ahead, please I have some questions:
Because I don't know how long my phone can keep connected for the whole flashing:
Can I flash the files one by one, like in ordered list (from lk to system)? AND should I flash preloader too? Cause if sp flash failed it may be hard bricked forever! Even if I flash it separately, as I suggest before.

Thanks for answering

RMT
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-07-2019, 06:21 PM
(31-07-2019, 03:00 PM)RMT Before I go ahead, please I have some questions:
Because I don't know how long my phone can keep connected for the whole flashing:
Can I flash the files one by one, like in ordered list (from lk to system)? AND should I flash preloader too? Cause if sp flash failed it may be hard bricked forever! Even if I flash it separately, as I suggest before.

Thanks for answering

RMT

flash everything including preloader and yes you can choose to flash one after the other starting with preloader
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
01-08-2019, 02:20 PM
(31-07-2019, 06:21 PM)X3non
(31-07-2019, 03:00 PM)RMT Before I go ahead, please I have some questions:

Thanks for answering

RMT

flash everything including preloader and yes you can choose to flash one after the other starting with preloader
Hello,

I've flashed everything one by one succesfully, except system (always too big). And it changed anything
Then, I've got an idea to flash system.img but with the battery (connector) removed in order to override the low battery issue. And it worked, flash succesful too! However it didn't change anything.

Except that with that idea in mind, I've finally unbricked my device! And now I just want to share how I proceeded in case this might help someone else too:
Instead of "download only", I changed the option to "firmware upgrade". Then, always with the battery not connected to the device, I flashed the whole firmware, successfully. And after putting the phone to charge (with the battery now connected) for about 10min, the charging screen finally shows up!! What a relief Angel 

Note that the difference between "download only" and "firmware upgrade" is that "firmware upgrade" format the phone before flashing the files. Maybe that particular thing solved my issue? 
Anyway because I know that I shouldn't format a device with secure boot enabled, I have a final question:
Is my DA still working after what I've done? Because I suspect the format method a bit similar to the format tab, or isn't it?   

Finally, I want to thank you all for helping and guide me through this problem, now I can sleep well tonight Big Grin

RMT
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-08-2019, 04:47 PM
(01-08-2019, 02:20 PM)RMT ...
Note that the difference between "download only" and "firmware upgrade" is that "firmware upgrade" format the phone before flashing the files. Maybe that particular thing solved my issue? 
Anyway because I know that I shouldn't format a device with secure boot enabled, I have a final question:
Is my DA still working after what I've done? Because I suspect the format method a bit similar to the format tab, or isn't it?   

Finally, I want to thank you all for helping and guide me through this problem, now I can sleep well tonight Big Grin

RMT

good work and thanks for sharing
your DA should still work seeing as flashing went completely, you can always test by doing a readback of any length (no matter how small the length is) while using the DA file, if readback completes successfully then DA works
Pages (2): Previous 1 2