Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android PMT change for the rom error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

PMT change for the rom error

PMT change for the rom error

Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
29-07-2019, 12:59 PM

I got pmt change for the rom error while trying to flash a secure da file mediatek phone. (Infinix hot 7 x624b). When this happens I normally just use firmware upgrade option or format all + download. But in one of the threads. It's been stated not to use that option when using secure/custom da file. What do u suggest I do?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-07-2019, 04:31 PM
(29-07-2019, 12:59 PM)Tjaytony I got pmt change for the rom error while trying to flash a secure da file mediatek phone. (Infinix hot 7 x624b). When this happens I normally just use firmware upgrade option or format all + download. But in one of the threads. It's been stated not to use that option when using secure/custom da file. What do u suggest I do?

you could use software download tool but whats the current build number of your device and the build number of the firmware you're trying to flash?
whats wrong with the phone and how did the problem begin?
This post was last modified: 29-07-2019, 04:33 PM by X3non.
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
31-01-2020, 10:51 AM
It's my clients phone. Initially the phone just shows charging sign and keeps restarting. I asked the person if she did a software upgrade or some kinda security upgrade that failed during the update process. She said no. Not like she even knew what I asked her. From my experience it's most probably a firmware issue. Now while I try flashing. It shows the error I described above. From my experience this happens only when one is trying to flash a different firmware version on a mediatek phone. Mostly format and download or upgrade option normally fix the issue. But I cant risk that on custom da files. To be sure of the exact rom just like u asked about the phone's rom build number is basically not possible for me cus I dont have all these box that will allow one to check the info of a secure boot mediatek phones. I've also tried booting to recovery which is also not working(hoping i could find the build number there). I even tried flashing recovery image only, hoping that could help. I still get same error. So what do u think I should do?
This post was last modified: 31-01-2020, 12:58 PM by Tjaytony.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
31-01-2020, 12:16 PM
(31-01-2020, 10:51 AM)Tjaytony It's a my clients phone. Initially the phone just shows charging sign and keeps restarting. I asked the person if she did a software upgrade or some kinda security upgrade that failed during the update process. She said no. Not like she even knew what I asked her. From my experience it's most probably a firmware issue. Now while I try flashing. It shows the error I described above. From my experience this happens only when one is trying to flash a different firmware version on a mediatek phone. Mostly format and download or upgrade option normally fix the issue. But I cant risk that on custom da files. To be sure of the exact rom just like u asked about the phone's rom build number is basically not possible for me cus I dont have all these box that will allow one to check the info of a secure boot mediatek phones. I've also tried booting to recovery which is also not working(hoping i could find the build number there). I even tried flashing recovery image only hoping that could help. I still get same error. So what do u think I should do?

download miracle thunder @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15700.html ; insert the da into custom settings and use it to readinfo from the device
or backup recovery or system partition from the device then check the build number using method 4 or 7 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
31-01-2020, 12:54 PM

Tnx for that info. I actually tried software download tool. And it showed what I needed to know. It gave an error showing the sw version I wanted to flash and the one in the phone. The one I wanted to flash is lb8a firmware and the one in the phone is lb8 firmware. Turns out there's another phone model. I've been searching the web for that rom model. I finally found one. If It works I'll upload it here. Or just send a mega link. Tnx again
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
31-01-2020, 05:19 PM
Okay so I've downloaded the file. But it unfortunately ask for password. I dont trust these websites that post firmware files with password. So please hovatek team, kindly help with the firmware file tecno LB8-H6110ABC-P-190628V167
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-02-2020, 10:30 AM
(31-01-2020, 05:19 PM)Tjaytony Okay so I've downloaded the file. But it unfortunately ask for password. I dont trust these websites that post firmware files with password. So please hovatek team, kindly help with the firmware file tecno LB8-H6110ABC-P-190628V167

UPDATE: firmware for this build is now listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30789.html
This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 08:30 AM by X3non.