Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Error ID 1001 when reading partitions
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Error ID 1001 when reading partitions

Error ID 1001 when reading partitions

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-08-2019, 08:31 PM

(24-08-2019, 06:45 PM)Blendomatik As far as I know it's not rooted. I was able to use Netflix and other apps without problems and those apps normally don't work when the device is rooted. Do you think I could flash a stock boot.img and try flashing TWRP again? Or would flashing a new boot.img cause issues?
Btw. the UAT support team confirmed that my device is supported so I might try that tool if nothing else works.

The safest option would be to try the tool.
The approach I was thinking was to patch boot.img using Magisk then flash the boot.img (this'll disable verity check) after which you flash TWRP

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
26-08-2019, 10:56 AM
(25-08-2019, 08:31 PM)hovatek
(24-08-2019, 06:45 PM)Blendomatik As far as I know it's not rooted. I was able to use Netflix and other apps without problems and those apps normally don't work when the device is rooted. Do you think I could flash a stock boot.img and try flashing TWRP again? Or would flashing a new boot.img cause issues?
Btw. the UAT support team confirmed that my device is supported so I might try that tool if nothing else works.

The safest option would be to try the tool.
The approach I was thinking was to patch boot.img using Magisk then flash the boot.img (this'll disable verity check) after which you flash TWRP
How would I go about doing that?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
26-08-2019, 12:09 PM
(26-08-2019, 10:56 AM)Blendomatik How would I go about doing that?

magisk? if yes, patch your stock boot.img using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
you can flash using fastboot or if fastboot is inaccessible then use edl tool
boot the phone to homescreen then you can retry flashing twrp
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
27-08-2019, 03:24 PM
(26-08-2019, 12:09 PM)freshtyt

magisk? if yes, patch your stock boot.img using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
I tried the Magisk procedure using a boot image from the B02 version, but it didn't work (current verion of the device is B04 so I guess that's why...). The phone still just went to DFU mode when I rebooted it to recovery. I'm still looking for the correct boot image for my firmware version (A2017GV1.30B04), maybe the Magisk procedure will work with that.
I also went ahead and bought the Uni-Android tool I was talking about, but it gave out an error when it tried to read the partition table; up to that point it went fine and recognised everything. I posted a thread on the UAT support forum so maybe they can help me with the issue.
Also, when you talk about my phone being encrypted, do you mean the screen lock or something else? Because this tool has an option to reset or disable the pattern/pin lock apparently without data loss, but I'm hesitant to use that feature just yet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-08-2019, 04:55 PM

(27-08-2019, 03:24 PM)Blendomatik I tried the Magisk procedure using a boot image from the B02 version, but it didn't work (current verion of the device is B04 so I guess that's why...). The phone still just went to DFU mode when I rebooted it to recovery. I'm still looking for the correct boot image for my firmware version (A2017GV1.30B04), maybe the Magisk procedure will work with that.
I also went ahead and bought the Uni-Android tool I was talking about, but it gave out an error when it tried to read the partition table; up to that point it went fine and recognised everything. I posted a thread on the UAT support forum so maybe they can help me with the issue.
Also, when you talk about my phone being encrypted, do you mean the screen lock or something else? Because this tool has an option to reset or disable the pattern/pin lock apparently without data loss, but I'm hesitant to use that feature just yet.

The encryption I was referring to was the DM Verity and it resides in the boot.img. Since you can't get a boot.img for your current build, the magisk approach might not be the best option...for now

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
YGS
YGS
YGS
Techie Member
29-08-2019, 11:29 PM
(27-08-2019, 03:24 PM)Blendomatik

I tried the Magisk procedure using a boot image from the B02 version, but it didn't work (current verion of the device is B04 so I guess that's why...). The phone still just went to DFU mode when I rebooted it to recovery. I'm still looking for the correct boot image for my firmware version (A2017GV1.30B04), maybe the Magisk procedure will work with that.
You may try this,

A2017GV1.30B04 (Stock boot.img)

ZTE Axon 7 Official TWRP 3.3.1.0

Understanding about Recovery Restriction

Due the restriction from zte axon 7 kernel which not allowing user to changed Stock Recovery with any Custom Recovery,
then u must rename the file "recovery-from-boot.p" to "recovery-from-boot.p.bak" before installing TWRP
to prevent your Custom Recovery gets overwritten with Stock Recovery after reboot.

To do this, you must first root your device, install ES file explorer or any others file explorer that supports root, open your file explorer then give root permission,
go to and rename the /system/recovery-from-boot.p to /system/recovery-from-boot.p.bak

[Image: ydoZtAX.png]
This post was last modified: 29-08-2019, 11:32 PM by YGS.
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
30-08-2019, 10:09 PM
(29-08-2019, 11:29 PM)YGS
(27-08-2019, 03:24 PM)Blendomatik

You may try this,

A2017GV1.30B04 (Stock boot.img)

ZTE Axon 7 Official TWRP 3.3.1.0

Understanding about Recovery Restriction

Due the restriction from zte axon 7 kernel which not allowing user to changed Stock Recovery with any Custom Recovery,
then u must rename the file "recovery-from-boot.p" to "recovery-from-boot.p.bak" before installing TWRP
to prevent your Custom Recovery gets overwritten with Stock Recovery after reboot.

To do this, you must first root your device, install ES file explorer or any others file explorer that supports root, open your file explorer then give root permission,
go to and rename the /system/recovery-from-boot.p to /system/recovery-from-boot.p.bak

[Image: ydoZtAX.png]
I tried flashing TWRP with the stock B04 boot.img you provided and also after patching that image, but both times it didn't work. I guess, the recovery gets immediately overwritten - as you explained - because the phone continuously reboots when rebooting to recovery. That could be linked to the fact that I can't/couldn't boot into the stock recovery to begin with, it would only bootloop and eventually end up in DFU mode.
Also, I can't do anything you described because I can't boot to system anyways since the device was bricked after that OTA upgrade with the bootloader unlocked :/
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-08-2019, 10:54 PM
(30-08-2019, 10:09 PM)Blendomatik ...That could be linked to the fact that I can't/couldn't boot into the stock recovery to begin with...

look for stock recovery for your exact same build number (maybe @YGS can help with the recovery.img file), flash it then attempt to boot into recovery mode
lets know if that works or not
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
Blendomatik
13-09-2019, 10:16 PM
(31-08-2019, 10:54 PM)X3non
(30-08-2019, 10:09 PM)Blendomatik ...That could be linked to the fact that I can't/couldn't boot into the stock recovery to begin with...

look for stock recovery for your exact same build number (maybe @YGS can help with the recovery.img file), flash it then attempt to boot into recovery mode
lets know if that works or not
I tried that already but same result as always. I still didn't get a reply to my question on the UAT forum so I don't know what else to do. I guess I'll just repost the same question on there and see if I have any luck :/
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-09-2019, 09:50 AM

(13-09-2019, 10:16 PM)Blendomatik I tried that already but same result as always. I still didn't get a reply to my question on the UAT forum so I don't know what else to do. I guess I'll just repost the same question on there and see if I have any luck :/

for verification, you use recovery.img for B04 build?
did you try booting into recovery mode using button combo (vol up + power button)? and adb command (adb reboot recovery)?
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next