Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Error Memory Fail, Cannot Found Memory
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Error Memory Fail, Cannot Found Memory

Error Memory Fail, Cannot Found Memory

Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Enthusiastic Member
09-08-2019, 07:12 AM

Hello guys
I'd like to get solutions on this problem I encountered, I managed to flash the device and it was successful it's just that the device had lags and Ram information was incorrect, I saw this post saying I perform factory reset and reflash again it did reach 100% but didn't get the tick I tried again but this time I got "memory fail error" I would appreciate it if someone help me troubleshoot this problem if it can't be solved please let me know . My device is now recognised as "Mtk Usb Port" instead of Preloader
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-08-2019, 01:55 PM
(09-08-2019, 07:12 AM)Bongani Mashiane Hello guys
I'd like to get solutions on this problem I encountered, I managed to flash the device and it was successful it's just that the device had lags and Ram information was incorrect, I saw this post saying I perform factory reset and reflash again it did reach 100% but didn't get the tick I tried again but this time I got "memory fail error" I would appreciate it if someone help me troubleshoot this problem if it can't be solved please let me know . My device is now recognised as "Mtk Usb Port" instead of Preloader

if you're referring to the progress bar getting to 100%, what option did you select in sp flash tool; download only?
try the fixes for the error you encountered listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Enthusiastic Member
12-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Yes I used download only, and now I can't even perform format options, memory check I get the same error
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Enthusiastic Member
12-08-2019, 09:07 AM
I have referred to the error I am suffering from, it says "untick boxes with blank location" unfortunately every ticked box have locations and all are present in the firmware files and the other says make sure everything is seated in the motherboard, am sure all is seated I have never removed anything.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-08-2019, 06:06 PM

(12-08-2019, 07:36 AM)Bongani Mashiane Yes I used download only, and now I can't even perform format options, memory check I get the same error

sounds like faulty emmc chip i.e hardware problems
whats the phone model? is it the same device as the one you mentioned @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29197.html ?
are you able to perform a memory test > ram test in sp flash tool?
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Enthusiastic Member
13-08-2019, 07:51 AM
yes it is the same device, I cannot perform anything on sp flash tool I get the red bar loading at the bottom after that "Memory Fail Error" pops up no matter what I do either download only, format all + firmware upgrade I always get the error, yet the device it is recognised by Pc I hear a sound upon connecting and it is listen in com ports under "MTK Usb Port"
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-08-2019, 06:45 PM
(13-08-2019, 07:51 AM)Bongani Mashiane yes it is the same device, I cannot perform anything on sp flash tool I get the red bar loading at the bottom after that "Memory Fail Error" pops up no matter what I do either download only, format all + firmware upgrade I always get the error, yet the device it is recognised by Pc I hear a sound upon connecting and it is listen in com ports under "MTK Usb Port"

try doing a ram test, refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21972.html
let me know the outcome
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Enthusiastic Member
14-08-2019, 09:01 AM
I did ram test as shown in the thread you shared still the memory fail error still persists, as you said before I think the EmmC chip is damaged. How I don't know.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-08-2019, 11:45 AM
(14-08-2019, 09:01 AM)Bongani Mashiane I did ram test as shown in the thread you shared still the memory fail error still persists, as you said before I think the EmmC chip is damaged. How I don't know.

very well, you need to take your device to a mobile phone hardware repair technician for checkup and replacement of the emmc chip if need be
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Bongani Mashiane
Enthusiastic Member
14-08-2019, 11:53 AM

Yes I will, And Thank You For Your Time And Effort. Keep it up helping those who need help.