Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[Please help] Tecno Phantom z (A7) bricked after OTA update.

(05-04-2015, 06:37 AM)Xibit Wrote: It gave that error after it flashed 2 files... And the phone went dead again

no problem.
1. whats the hint at the bottom of the error?
2. use version 5 and run as administrator. if it gives the same error then flash one file at a time, starting with preloader

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
When I used version 5... And wanted to flash the files one after the other starting with preloader, it gave this error..... BROM ERROR:S_SECURITY_SF_SECURE_VER_CHECK_FAIL(6007)MSP ERROR CODE:0X00.
[USER] The secure version of the secure MAUI is older than that in the handset!
[HINT] Please choose a SECURE-MAUI With an equal or newer secure version...... That was exactly the error I got... Please what should I do???
(05-04-2015, 07:32 PM)Xibit Wrote: When I used version 5... And wanted to flash the files one after the other starting with preloader, it gave this error..... BROM ERROR:S_SECURITY_SF_SECURE_VER_CHECK_FAIL(6007)MSP ERROR CODE:0X00.
[USER] The secure version of the secure MAUI is older than that in the handset!  
[HINT] Please choose a SECURE-MAUI With an equal or newer secure version...... That was exactly the error I got... Please what should I do???

in sp flash tool, go to Options > Download >tick DA DL all with checksum > try flashing again
The phone is dead already... I already plugged it so it could come back on... I will try that when it comes on
charge the phone for some time,after which you load sp flash tool,load the scattered file after which you click on download then you plug you phone into the system pressing the volume up button,this worked for me today.

What version of sp flash tool did you use??
The phone got stuck at 100% of preloader flash... I have the screen shot.... How can I post it here??
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 10:50 AM by hovatek. )
(05-06-2015, 07:45 AM)Xibit Wrote: The phone got stuck at 100% of preloader flash... I have the screen shot.... How can I post it here??
might be a drained battery at work. to attach an image, click Choose file just above the Post Reply button (when you're replying) then click Add attachment after selecting the image.
I'm using a mobile... I didn't see that option of attaching a file.... Should I just charge the phone well and then flash the files??
(05-06-2015, 07:10 PM)Xibit Wrote: I'm using a mobile... I didn't see that option of attaching a file.... Should I just charge the phone well and then flash the files??

yes