Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP gets replaced
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TWRP gets replaced

TWRP gets replaced

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Vapeon
Vapeon
Vapeon
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2019, 05:24 PM

(27-09-2019, 04:55 PM)X3non retry using a different USB cable or port on the PC
tried alrdy 3 different cable that also work for other stuff ec. firmware upgrade for my vape mods and also used another port too didnt made any change
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-09-2019, 12:36 AM
(27-09-2019, 05:24 PM)Vapeon tried alrdy 3 different cable that also work for other stuff ec. firmware upgrade for my vape mods and also used another port too didnt made any change

did you try using a different windows PC?
Vapeon
Vapeon
Vapeon
Enthusiastic Member
05-10-2019, 07:58 PM
yes i did it now on other pc and the LR twrp worked but after i have ***** up some things i think
after i got this twrp to workin i made a full backup , (all selected) then i wanted to patch the services.jar with smali patcher what dont work

so i needed to flash magisk to use smali patch.  flashing magisk in twrp worked but after system boot i got this error "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details" and there was no magisk manager installed so i manually installed it and it showed no magisk installed  

i dont know how harmful this error at start up is and magisk was not there ,then i decied to restore my backup from before but that failed somehow in twrp it showed no error

my phone keeped restarting with mi logo only like 100times so i try normal wipe in twrp doesnt helped ,then i made full wipe ,then i had no OS msg in twrp so i downloaded a rom for my phone and flashed it that worked 

picked this rom http://en.miui.com/download-349.html global stable but found also this site https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/cereus/ what has 1 further update to miui 10.4 and android 9 it seems but not sure if it rea
l
for now i have to flash every firmware update right? cause cant see more update even i know there is one
it the other site for the rom trusted?will this twrp even work on android 9 then or need other?
do u know how harmful this internal error msg is and what i made wrong with or wich task broke it ? dont want do the mistake again
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-10-2019, 02:05 PM
(05-10-2019, 07:58 PM)Vapeon ...
for now i have to flash every firmware update right? cause cant see more update even i know there is one
it the other site for the rom trusted?will this twrp even work on android 9 then or need other?
do u know how harmful this internal error msg is and what i made wrong with or wich task broke it ? dont want do the mistake again

the choice to update to latest firmware version rests solely on you
yes, you can trust the firmware from the mirom ezbox website, the download link actually points to miui's official download link
it is very unlikely that oreo twrp will work on android 9, who knows? the only way to find out is to test or better still look for android 9 twrp for redmi 6 (you should find this available online)
the error message you got at startup "internal problem with your device..." is quite normal and probably due to custom images on the device, everything else on the phone should work normally. nothing to worry about so long as device boots to homescreen

for magisk, try patching boot using magisk manager then flash the patched boot through fastboot
This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 02:06 PM by X3non.
Vapeon
Vapeon
Vapeon
Enthusiastic Member
09-10-2019, 12:04 PM

OK thx to confirm thus error so it was kinda stupid to restore after the Error happend Sad
But what i did wrong by restore the Backup?Had to wipe some Things?Just used the restore Option in twrp
Flashed also the Rom from twrp with sideload 
Now after some days the Update Show also in system avaible 
Next try i use the official twrp with magisk and DM verity hope it works this time ,cause i found out that the LR twrp what worked for me Had also the lazy flasher in its img

Edit: with official twrp magisk and dm verity Sim Card dont work
This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 10:15 PM by Vapeon.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-10-2019, 02:21 AM
(09-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Vapeon OK thx to confirm thus error so it was kinda stupid to restore after the Error happend Sad
But what i did wrong by restore the Backup?Had to wipe some Things?Just used the restore Option in twrp

just the restore option should be good enough

(09-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Vapeon ...

confirm is baseband on the device is unknown and if imei on invalid though flashing stock boot & recovery.img should fix this
how did you flash magisk? through twrp or patching / flashing boot.img? you can try flashing older magisk version eg magisk 19.3
i take it that your device is running android 9 now?
Vapeon
Vapeon
Vapeon
Enthusiastic Member
17-10-2019, 07:37 PM
(11-10-2019, 02:21 AM)X3non
(09-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Vapeon OK thx to confirm thus error so it was kinda stupid to restore after the Error happend Sad

just the restore option should be good enough

(09-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Vapeon ...

confirm is baseband on the device is unknown and if imei on invalid though flashing stock boot & recovery.img should fix this
how did you flash magisk? through twrp or patching / flashing boot.img? you can try flashing older magisk version eg magisk 19.3
i take it that your device is running android 9 now?
flashed the rom again to get simcard work again. flashed magisk with twrp
 i tried alrdy older magisk but not above 19.2 cause after versions the hide not more working correct therefore i cant use patched boot.img cause the magiskmanger will patch the newest stable version 
no didnt swaped to android 9 cause i doesnt found infos about twrp/magisk for it and not sure about the antirollback protection if i may need back to android 8,1

idk more this **** burns my head Sad
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-10-2019, 09:51 AM
(17-10-2019, 07:37 PM)Vapeon flashed the rom again to get simcard work again. flashed magisk with twrp
 i tried alrdy older magisk but not above 19.2 cause after versions the hide not more working correct therefore i cant use patched boot.img cause the magiskmanger will patch the newest stable version 
no didnt swaped to android 9 cause i doesnt found infos about twrp/magisk for it and not sure about the antirollback protection if i may need back to android 8,1

idk more this **** burns my head Sad

are you saying that each of the magisk versions below 19.2 you've tried still causes the sim card to stop working?
if yes, try using magisk 18.0
fix the sim card problem by flashing firmware
flash twrp
in twrp > reboot > reboot recovery > twrp will boot up again > backup > backup imei (only if its listed in your twrp backup menu) > return back to main menu > mount > tick system and vendor > return back to main menu > install > select magisk 18.0 > reboot to system
Vapeon
Vapeon
Vapeon
Enthusiastic Member
18-10-2019, 11:06 AM
(18-10-2019, 09:51 AM)X3non are you saying that each of the magisk versions below 19.2 you've tried still causes the sim card to stop working?
if yes, try using magisk 18.0
fix the sim card problem by flashing firmware
flash twrp
in twrp > reboot > reboot recovery > twrp will boot up again > backup > backup imei (only if its listed in your twrp backup menu) > return back to main menu > mount > tick system and vendor > return back to main menu > install > select magisk 18.0 > reboot to system
no no just with the official twrp dm verity and magisk sim wasnt workin so i flashed my rom again and sim works again.
with the LR twrp i dont have problems with sim card workin but still no magisk installed in manager doesnt matter wich vers. i do (tried some from 17. to 19.2  flash in twrp no error)
idk why its doesnt get installed  but shows this internal error at startup that only comes after flash magisk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-10-2019, 04:10 PM

(18-10-2019, 11:06 AM)Vapeon ...idk why its doesnt get installed  but shows this internal error at startup that only comes after flash magisk

attach a screenshot of the error message you're referring to
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next