Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Softbricked Phantom Zs after update

I think that this new Phantom Z Update that tecno has put out is bricking phones.Thank God Hovatek has the stock phantom ROM cos that is the only thing which can fix the problem,cos the Tecno Service Centre in my town didn't know how
First off how I fixed it;
1.All the guides,software and stock ROMS are available here on Hovatek so that should be easy work
2.When flashing I would recommend you flash all the components in the scatter file or it might not work(Speaking from experience),don't flash android(system) or the preloader alone
3.The stock ROM is android 4.4.2 before the Tecno October 2014 Update
4.AFter the flash is complete and you try to update to via OTA it says there is insufficient space to download the update even if the storage manager shows sufficient space(Not sure if it affects everybody but Admin please assist us on that)

I would recommend that we have one thread so that we can all fix our Phantom Zs and any other problems that may arise,Admin please advise about that and once again a big thumbs up to Hovatek for giving tecno users an online community and the stock ROMS

(05-01-2015, 08:00 AM)jigsawman Wrote: I think that this new Phantom Z Update that tecno has put out is bricking phones.Thank God Hovatek has the stock phantom ROM cos that is the only thing which can fix the problem,cos the Tecno Service Centre in my town didn't know how
First off how I fixed it;
1.All the guides,software and stock ROMS are available here on Hovatek so that should be easy work
2.When flashing I would recommend you flash all the components in the scatter file or it might not work(Speaking from experience),don't flash android(system) or the preloader alone
3.The stock ROM is android 4.4.2 before the Tecno October 2014 Update
4.AFter the flash is complete and you try to update to via OTA it says there is insufficient space to download the update even if the storage manager shows sufficient space(Not sure if it affects everybody but Admin please assist us on that)

I would recommend that we have one thread so that we can all fix our Phantom Zs and any other problems that may arise,Admin please advise about that and once again a big thumbs up to Hovatek for giving tecno users an online community and the stock ROMS

There's an open thread about the insufficient space issue @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-2981.html . feel free to join so we fix this.
Thanks Admin