Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Invalid IMEI on Infinix Hot S X521
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Invalid IMEI on Infinix Hot S X521

Invalid IMEI on Infinix Hot S X521

scaryguadian
scaryguadian
scaryguadian
07-10-2019, 09:16 AM

Good Morning people, sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread or so. The issue I have is with my infinix Hot S or better known as Infinix X521 which I intended to change the IMEI with champelepon app...but after rebooting, I found out that my IMEI has gone "null". Where I would normally see " MTN NG", I saw "Invalid IMEI" so Ive been unable to make calls and even use the MTN USSD codes like *131# or *556#. Luckily for me, I backed up my IMEI with a screenshot after using the default USSD code for checking IMEI which is *#06#. Then, using thesame champelepon app, I tried changing the "null" IMEI to my normal phone IMEI, The one that came with the phone but after doing that and restarting, I still get the same "Invalid IMEI" So, as usual, I consulted my normal website for help which is hovatek like Ive always do cos i remembered this site helped me restore my bricked Vivo long time ago and since then, I've been using this site for help regarding anything on phone problems. So I faound this forum with a lot of methods for fixing my IMEI. I tried the MTK Enginerring mode app only to discover that there is no Radio information on my engineering mode and note: this was thesame even when my IMEI was still there MTK Settings/Connectivity/Cds Information/???? I didn't see "Radio Information" there. So I tried the MTK droid dools method but my phone was not detected even when sp flashtool detected my phone, I tried the MPOB_001method and replaced the mpob in the root folder, I still got thesame results, I even used the Tool Hero and i the thing seems to be stuck on "please wait" screen after imputing my default IMEI. The baseband version and everything else is working fine except the Invalid IMEI message. I even removed my sim and inserted an Airtel sim which I own in the sim 1 slot and it showed everything and I can call and stuff but still with the null imei, pls I need help guys.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-10-2019, 12:14 PM
(07-10-2019, 09:16 AM)scaryguadian ...The baseband version and everything else is working fine except the Invalid IMEI message. I even removed my sim and inserted an Airtel sim which I own in the sim 1 slot and it showed everything and I can call and stuff but still with the null imei, pls I need help guys.

these methods you used won't work for your device, tool hero or adb methods should work but your device needs to be rooted first
you can try either miracle box, nck box, maui meta or sn writer method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
scaryguadian
scaryguadian
scaryguadian
07-10-2019, 03:02 PM
(07-10-2019, 12:14 PM)X3non
(07-10-2019, 09:16 AM)scaryguadian ...The baseband version and everything else is working fine except the Invalid IMEI message. I even removed my sim and inserted an Airtel sim which I own in the sim 1 slot and it showed everything and I can call and stuff but still with the null imei, pls I need help guys.

these methods you used won't work for your device, tool hero or adb methods should work but your device needs to be rooted first
you can try either miracle box, nck box, maui meta or sn writer method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
Thank you very much!!!! The adb method worked for me!!!!! Am so grateful!
This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 03:04 PM by scaryguadian.