Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TWRP

TWRP

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
Respected Member
06-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Now the bigger problem is let me explain
Method 1didnt work (failed to mount vendor)
Method 2 also didn't work ( failed to mount vendor)
Method 3 is actually the worst because after  I root the device then did all the coding and renaming which worked fine then I did the format data in twrp then reboot.
the this annoying message popped up on screen saying
(My factory reset didn't complete successfuly, do you want to do a reset now) if I tap yes it would reboot back to the same screen because it's looking for the stock recovery to do the complete reset so since there's no stock recovery the reset can't be completed. and if I flash back the stock recovery to complete the reset which it does, then we're back to square one 🥵🥵🥵🥵
I hope you get what I'm saying

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 06-11-2019, 01:39 PM by SKIPP3R.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-11-2019, 07:40 PM
(06-11-2019, 01:36 PM)SKIPP3R Now the bigger problem is let me explain
Method 3 is actually the worst because after  I root the device then did all the coding and renaming which worked fine then I did the format data in twrp then reboot.
(My factory reset didn't complete successfuly, do you want to do a reset now) if I tap yes it would reboot back to the same screen because it's looking for the stock recovery to do the complete reset so since there's no stock recovery the reset can't be completed. and if I flash back the stock recovery to complete the reset which it does, then we're back to square one ????

you're not back to square 1 as a factory reset doesn't affect the changes you made in vendor
i'll take it that you flashed twrp to boot partition? flash back magisk patched boot (this should bring back stock recovery as well) factory reset the device using stock recovery then flash or boot twrp and confirm the encryption
BTW check TWRP > mount ; are you able to successfully mount any partition on the list?
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
Respected Member
06-11-2019, 10:22 PM
(06-11-2019, 07:40 PM)X3non
(06-11-2019, 01:36 PM)SKIPP3R
Now the bigger problem is let me explain
(My factory reset didn't complete successfuly, do you want to do a reset now) if I tap yes it would reboot back to the same screen because it's looking for the stock recovery to do the complete reset so since there's no stock recovery the reset can't be completed. and if I flash back the stock recovery to complete the reset which it does, then we're back to square one ????

you're not back to square 1 as a factory reset doesn't affect the changes you made in vendor
i'll take it that you flashed twrp to boot partition? flash back magisk patched boot (this should bring back stock recovery as well) factory reset the device using stock recovery then flash or boot twrp and confirm the encryption
BTW check TWRP > mount ; are you able to successfully mount any partition on the list?

Yes I flashed twrp to the active partition which is (boot_b).
and flashing back magisk patched boot doesn't bring back the stock recovery, cuz I've done that already and there was no recovery

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-11-2019, 09:52 AM
(06-11-2019, 10:22 PM)SKIPP3R Yes I flashed twrp to the active partition which is (boot_b).
and flashing back magisk patched boot doesn't bring back the stock recovery, cuz I've done that already and there was no recovery

if there's no stock recovery when you flash magisk patched boot, then use stock boot for the purpose of making a factory reset
i wonder, have you tried booting twrp instead of flashing? ie fastboot boot recovery.img
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
Respected Member
07-11-2019, 11:27 AM

(07-11-2019, 09:52 AM)X3non
(06-11-2019, 10:22 PM)SKIPP3R
Yes I flashed twrp to the active partition which is (boot_b).

if there's no stock recovery when you flash magisk patched boot, then use stock boot for the purpose of making a factory reset
i wonder, have you tried booting twrp instead of flashing? ie fastboot boot recovery.img

Yep tried it didn't work😒😒.
Fastboot boot recovery.img it says
(downloading boot.img
Okay
Booting
Okay
Finished)
then It just boot up the device

SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
Respected Member
07-11-2019, 11:37 AM
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,noflush_merge wait,check,formattable,quota,resize,forcefdeorfbe=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/metadata

This is what I saw when I edit the fstab in both location

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-11-2019, 03:41 PM
(07-11-2019, 11:37 AM)SKIPP3R /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,noflush_merge wait,check,formattable,quota,resize,forcefdeorfbe=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/metadata

you're to change only "forcefdeorfbe" to "encryptable" before you format /data
This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM by X3non.
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
Respected Member
08-11-2019, 02:32 PM
(07-11-2019, 03:41 PM)X3non
(07-11-2019, 11:37 AM)SKIPP3R
/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,noflush_merge wait,check,formattable,quota,resize,forcefdeorfbe=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/metadata

you're to change only "forcefdeorfbe" to "encryptable" before you format /data

Didn't work
I've done all the method still didn't work

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-11-2019, 08:42 PM
(08-11-2019, 02:32 PM)SKIPP3R Didn't work

didn't work meaning you got stuck somewhere or what?
go through what you've done again up until this point and what the outcome was
modify fstab in vendor, ...?
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
SKIPP3R
Respected Member
09-11-2019, 09:56 AM

(08-11-2019, 08:42 PM)X3non
(08-11-2019, 02:32 PM)SKIPP3R
Didn't work

didn't work meaning you got stuck somewhere or what?
go through what you've done again up until this point and what the outcome was
modify fstab in vendor, ...?

Yeah I've modified the fstab in vendor and etc
then flash back the stock recovery when it asked then when the device boots up I'm back to square 1

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next