Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] derp ransomewere
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] derp ransomewere

[Please help] derp ransomewere

হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
02-11-2019, 07:34 PM

my windows 10 were infected by derp virus... all file are now encoded by derp... 

is there any way to get them back?plz Sad
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-11-2019, 09:03 PM
(02-11-2019, 07:34 PM)হাই ইটস মি my windows 10 were infected by derp virus... all file are now encoded by derp... 

maybe or maybe not, this all depends on if there's any tool to decrypt the encrypted files (very very very unlikely you'll find such) and the extent of damage the malware has done but in most cases it's impossible to get your files back if you had no backup(s)
first try to get rid of the malware from your PC, you can do full scan of your PC using softwares such as "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" or "spyhunter"
then you could check if the file history still exists, if they do then try restoring the encrypted files using previous version (right click on the file > properties > previous versions) with any luck, you had system restore turned on long before now and the malware didnt remove the shadow copies
This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 09:19 PM by X3non.
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
04-11-2019, 03:42 AM
(02-11-2019, 09:03 PM)X3non
(02-11-2019, 07:34 PM)হাই ইটস মি my windows 10 were infected by derp virus... all file are now encoded by derp... 

maybe or maybe not, this all depends on if there's any tool to decrypt the encrypted files (very very very unlikely you'll find such) and the extent of damage the malware has done but in most cases it's impossible to get your files back if you had no backup(s)
first try to get rid of the malware from your PC, you can do full scan of your PC using softwares such as "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" or "spyhunter"
then you could check if the file history still exists, if they do then try restoring the encrypted files using previous version  (right click on the file > properties > previous versions) with any luck, you had system restore turned on long before now and the malware didnt remove the shadow copies
oh yeah! found about these derp sh"t on internet. they said derp can not be decrypt yet... 

from very long time ago, i created a restore point. problem is that, i installed a new window 10. is the restore file gone now?

suggest me some free anti-malware , plz Big Grin
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-11-2019, 09:00 AM
(04-11-2019, 03:42 AM)হাই ইটস মি oh yeah! found about these derp sh"t on internet. they said derp can not be decrypt yet... 

from very long time ago, i created a restore point. problem is that, i installed a new window 10. is the restore file gone now?

if you formatted the drive before installing windows then that restore point is gone, btw system restore doesn't restore documents / user files, file history does and its not enabled by default, even if it was there's still a possibility that all history may have been deleted by the malware
there are no totally free anti-malwares, either you get free with very limited features or free with all features for a trial period
হাই ইটস মি
হাই ইটস মি
09-11-2019, 02:39 AM

(04-11-2019, 09:00 AM)X3non
(04-11-2019, 03:42 AM)হাই ইটস মি oh yeah! found about these derp sh"t on internet. they said derp can not be decrypt yet... 

if you formatted the drive before installing windows then that restore point is gone, btw system restore doesn't restore documents / user files, file history does and its not enabled by default, even if it was there's still a possibility that all history may have been deleted by the malware
there are no totally free anti-malwares, either you get free with very limited features or free with all features for a trial period
yesh you r right... the derp might delete the restore point too.... there r no previous version there Sad

ah okay... i have avast for now