Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] MAGISK AND SUPERUSER PROBLEMS IN INFINIX HOT 4 LITE
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] MAGISK AND SUPERUSER PROBLEMS IN INFINIX HOT 4 LITE

[Please help] MAGISK AND SUPERUSER PROBLEMS IN INFINIX HOT 4 LITE

Marshall
Marshall
Marshall
04-11-2019, 05:30 AM

Hello, i have infinix hot 4 Lite, and have managed to install a custom recovery for it, so i have rooted this phone with magisk before and even superuser, first i rooted with magisk and it was successful and everything was working properly, i removed magisk and rooted with superuser and it also worked, so i wanted to go back to magisk, i removed superuser completely and flashed stock boot img, then i rebooted my phone to install Magisk Manager app, on opening the magisk manager app, it got stuck in magisk logo, i thought it was maybe due to the version which I used which might have been outdated,so i installed every other version which was a head of the one i had upto the latest one, on trying all of them, i still got stuck in magisk logo screen, I decided to reflash superuser to see if the problem was magisk, superuser was successfully flashed in twrp recovery and on after booting, i couldn't find superuser app, i downloaded root checker and it confirmed that my device was not properly rooted, i went back to recovery and removed superuser and flashed stock boot img, and i flashed magisk zip file which i was using before and was working, i then booted and installed magisk Manager app, on opening i still got stuck in magisk logo, on checking root checker app, i still got the same error message "device is not properly rooted".... So i don't know where the problem is, please help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-11-2019, 09:01 AM
(04-11-2019, 05:30 AM)Marshall Hello, i have infinix hot 4 Lite, and have managed to install a custom recovery for it, so i have rooted this phone with magisk before and even superuser, first i rooted with magisk and it was successful and everything was working properly, i removed magisk and rooted with superuser and it also worked, so i wanted to go back to magisk, i removed superuser completely and flashed stock boot img, then i rebooted my phone to install Magisk Manager app, on opening the magisk manager app, it got stuck in magisk logo, i thought it was maybe due to the version which I used which might have been outdated,so i installed every other version which was a head of the one i had upto the latest one, on trying all of them, i still got stuck in magisk logo screen, I decided to reflash superuser to see if the problem was magisk, superuser was successfully flashed in twrp recovery and on after booting, i couldn't find superuser app, i downloaded root checker and it confirmed that my device was not properly rooted, i went back to recovery and removed superuser and flashed stock boot img, and i flashed magisk zip file which i was using before and was working, i then booted and installed magisk Manager app, on opening i still got stuck in magisk logo, on checking root checker app, i still got the same error message "device is not properly rooted".... So i don't know where the problem is, please help

try clearing app data and cache then retry the magisk app if it still persists then factory reset your device then retry, if it still persists then flash stock firmware
Marshall
Marshall
Marshall
04-11-2019, 03:08 PM
If I download the stock rom and flash it in twrp without putting the stock rom in sd card, will it be successful?
Marshall
Marshall
Marshall
04-11-2019, 03:39 PM
I'm using infinix hot 4 Lite and i have a custom recovery which is Twrp, i was just wondering if i flash the full stock rom in twrp recovery, will recovery mode be reverted back to stock recovery?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-11-2019, 03:55 PM

(04-11-2019, 03:08 PM)Marshall If I download the stock rom and flash it in twrp without putting the stock rom in sd card, will it be successful?

you can't flash stock rom using twrp, see the instructions @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19901.html

(04-11-2019, 03:39 PM)Marshall I'm using infinix hot 4 Lite and i have a custom recovery which is Twrp, i was just wondering if i flash the full stock rom in twrp recovery, will recovery mode be reverted back to stock recovery?

yes, flashing stock rom will replace twrp with stock recovery unless you skip flashing recovery OR you reflash twrp after you're done flashing stock rom