Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Root Tecno CA6 Permanently
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Root Tecno CA6 Permanently

Root Tecno CA6 Permanently

CharlieOps
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
Enthusiastic Member
04-11-2019, 02:06 PM

Hello guys i would like to have my tecno ca6 rooted permanently not temporary root. Is there a way i can do this other than having to first unlock the bootloader ?
Thanks.
Aniugchukwu
Aniugchukwu
Aniugchukwu
04-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Is more better if you Unlock your bootloader.

Sent from my itel A15 using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-11-2019, 03:30 PM
(04-11-2019, 02:06 PM)CharlieOps Hello guys i would like to have my tecno ca6 rooted permanently not temporary root. Is there a way i can do this other than having to first unlock the bootloader ?
Thanks.

asides from mtksu, there's no other means of rooting your device (at least not unless you're best buddies with tecno that they'll release to you a means of unlocking the bootloader) and no flash tool will flash unsigned images in this case magisk patched boot to your device
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
Enthusiastic Member
04-11-2019, 03:33 PM
(04-11-2019, 02:53 PM)Aniugchukwu Is more better if you Unlock your bootloader.

Sent from my itel A15 using Hovatek Mobile

One of the tech staff had told me that it was possible to have permanent root on device instead of having to unlock bootloader cos basically if there is a way then i really don't have to unlock the bootloader cos all i want to achieve is a permanently root tecno cm (ca6) device. 
However if there is a solution u can give that unlocks the bootloader for the above mentioned device please help. Otherwise i would love to have the device rooted without unlocking the bootloader. 
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
Enthusiastic Member
05-11-2019, 07:29 AM

(04-11-2019, 03:30 PM)X3non
(04-11-2019, 02:06 PM)CharlieOps Hello guys i would like to have my tecno ca6 rooted permanently not temporary root. Is there a way i can do this other than having to first unlock the bootloader ?
Thanks.

asides from mtksu, there's no other means of rooting your device (at least not unless you're best buddies with tecno that they'll release to you a means of unlocking the bootloader) and no flash tool will flash unsigned images in this case magisk patched boot to your device
Wow meaning it's game over for me. Will have to move around with a non rooted phone for sometime maybe until i get another one.  But all in all thanks for the support. I appreciate.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-11-2019, 10:15 AM
(05-11-2019, 07:29 AM)CharlieOps Wow meaning it's game over for me. Will have to move around with a non rooted phone for sometime maybe until i get another one.  But all in all thanks for the support. I appreciate.

non rooted phone? your post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-306...#pid180818 says otherwise
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
Enthusiastic Member
05-11-2019, 02:41 PM
(05-11-2019, 10:15 AM)X3non
(05-11-2019, 07:29 AM)CharlieOps Wow meaning it's game over for me. Will have to move around with a non rooted phone for sometime maybe until i get another one.  But all in all thanks for the support. I appreciate.

non rooted phone? your post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-306...#pid180818 says otherwise

Hello X3non, the root i achieved was only temporary root and goes when i reboot the device. so i have to keep running scripts however there are also some services that won't work unless with temporary root. 
Anyways maybe i needed to type move around with a temporary rooted phone. Apologies. 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-11-2019, 10:16 AM
(05-11-2019, 02:41 PM)CharlieOps Hello X3non, the root i achieved was only temporary root and goes when i reboot the device. so i have to keep running scripts however there are also some services that won't work unless with temporary root. 
Anyways maybe i needed to type move around with a temporary rooted phone. Apologies. 

if you're still up to try something different, you could try flashing magisk patched boot using adb + root
verify the mount point of boot partition on your device using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11203.html

then place patched boot on your internal storage and run the commands below in adb window
Code:

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/boot-mount-point of=/sdcard/magisk_patched.img

replace /dev/block/boot-mount-point with the mount point for boot
note that this might send your device to red state and result to a brick, ofc you can fix this by flashing stock boot from firmware using sp flash tool so be sure to have firmware available
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
CharlieOps
Enthusiastic Member
07-11-2019, 12:11 PM
(06-11-2019, 10:16 AM)X3non
(05-11-2019, 02:41 PM)CharlieOps Hello X3non, the root i achieved was only temporary root and goes when i reboot the device. so i have to keep running scripts however there are also some services that won't work unless with temporary root. 

if you're still up to try something different, you could try flashing magisk patched boot using adb + root
verify the mount point of boot partition on your device using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11203.html

then place patched boot on your internal storage and run the commands below in adb window
Code:

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/boot-mount-point of=/sdcard/magisk_patched.img

replace /dev/block/boot-mount-point with the mount point for boot
note that this might send your device to red state and result to a brick, ofc you can fix this by flashing stock boot from firmware using sp flash tool so be sure to have firmware available

This looks risky but will try it out sometime. Thanks.