Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked phone, please help
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Bricked phone, please help

Bricked phone, please help

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 12:56 PM

The problem is rather complex at the moment. I have a, I believe, soft-bricked (because I can boot it into recovery and I can mount the SD card and transfer files between the phone, when it is turned on, and the pc) alcatel ot 6030x, which makes finding the stock rom for the phone really tough (I havent been able to find it). There are some that are confirmed to be working and Ive downloaded them but, I dont have a way for flashing them. From some weird reason, the phone connects to pc and then disconnects a few seconds later so installing the proper drivers for sp flashing tools and such are a nightmare, I havent been able to complete it properly. Because of that, flashing directly from pc isnt a solution, at least I think so. I can access TWRP recovery on the phone so Iv tried adb sideloading, I can push files to the phone without trouble (at least the adb drivers are working) but when the flashing needs to be done, I get the "no MD5 file found" error, I also have little clue how to solve that (I cant switch off md5 checking). On the other side, when I try to restore a ROM backup, TWRP gives me "unable to mount '/data'" error so that doesnt work either. The same happens when I try to whipe dalvik cache, which I believe to be necessary for further steps (mabey.?). I really need some directions and help with solving this. As it is soft-bricked, I figure it can be salvaged somehow but I have no clue how, after Ive tried all I could find online. In case if anyone wonders how it got bricked in the first place, I have no idea about that either, it was shutting down on itself for a day or two and then just froze while I was listening to music and then it got stuck in the bootloop.. Please, someone help me somehow, Ill be able to follow instructions, I just need some pointers, i hope Smile
Thanks in advance
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-05-2015, 04:48 PM
(03-05-2015, 12:56 PM)ddarhe The problem is rather complex at the moment. I have a, I believe, soft-bricked (because I can boot it into recovery and I can mount the SD card and transfer files between the phone, when it is turned on, and the pc) alcatel ot 6030x, which makes finding the stock rom for the phone really tough (I havent been able to find it). There are some that are confirmed to be working and Ive downloaded them but, I dont have a way for flashing them. From some weird reason, the phone connects to pc and then disconnects a few seconds later so installing the proper drivers for sp flashing tools and such are a nightmare, I havent been able to complete it properly. Because of that, flashing directly from pc isnt a solution, at least I think so. I can access TWRP recovery on the phone so Iv tried adb sideloading, I can push files to the phone without trouble (at least the adb drivers are working) but when the flashing needs to be done, I get the "no MD5 file found" error, I also have little clue how to solve that (I cant switch off md5 checking). On the other side, when I try to restore a ROM backup, TWRP gives me "unable to mount '/data'" error so that doesnt work either. The same happens when I try to whipe dalvik cache, which I believe to be necessary for further steps (mabey.?). I really need some directions and help with solving this. As it is soft-bricked, I figure it can be salvaged somehow but I have no clue how, after Ive tried all I could find online. In case if anyone wonders how it got bricked in the first place, I have no idea about that either, it was shutting down on itself for a day or two and then just froze while I was listening to music and then it got stuck in the bootloop.. Please, someone help me somehow, Ill be able to follow instructions, I just need some pointers, i hope Smile
Thanks in advance

ok.
1. was the phone rooted before it got bricked?
2. which stock ROMs do you have and can you list the files in each of them so i know what you have there

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 05:12 PM

ok.
1. was the phone rooted before it got bricked?
2. which stock ROMs do you have and can you list the files in each of them so i know what you have there
[/quote]

Thank You very much for the quick reply.
The phone was successfully rooted before it got bricked. The stock ROMs I have are:
ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-6030X_130426_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_130703-205820 (downloaded from http://goo.gl/c44f4a)
Stock Rom 4.2.2 Alcatel OT 6030D/X
(downloaded from http://goo.gl/1iA1eW)
The first ROM was, I presume, designed for flashing and the other one for recovery via TWRP..? I did try both ways, I cant flash stuff from PC because the drivers are fubar and when I try to install something from TWRP's recovery mode I get the "unable to mount '/data'" error..
I will attach the screenshots of the ROMs contents respectively
Attached Files
.jpg
ROM1.jpg
Size: 74.27 KB / Downloads: 2
.jpg
ROM2.jpg
Size: 52.25 KB / Downloads: 2
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 05:22 PM
edit: I tried using this guide: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co...c-one.html, it seemed like something that could maybe help out seeing as I am able to use adb pathways but, after I enter "adb shell" as a command, I get " ~ # ←[6n " as output (without the parentheses) and I cant continue the process..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-05-2015, 05:28 PM

(03-05-2015, 05:22 PM)ddarhe edit: I tried using this guide: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co...c-one.html, it seemed like something that could maybe help out seeing as I am able to use adb pathways but, after I enter "adb shell" as a command, I get " ~ # ←[6n " as output (without the parentheses) and I cant continue the process..

can mtk droid tools detect the phone in recovery mode or factory mode (volume up + power or volume down + power). if it can, try backing up the phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html
would be good to have something to fall back on just in case
..waiting

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 05:33 PM
(03-05-2015, 05:28 PM)hovatek
(03-05-2015, 05:22 PM)ddarhe

can mtk droid tools detect the phone in recovery mode or factory mode (volume up + power or volume down + power). if it can, try backing up the phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html
would be good to have something to fall back on just in case
..waiting

Yes it can, i will go through the procedure and report on the progress.
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 06:19 PM
I have completed the mtk backup process (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html) but there were some errors. I took a screenshot, figured it may be relevant to the problem. It is attached to the post. What should I do next?
Thank You for helping me Smile
Attached Files
.jpg
mtk_droid_process_errors.jpg
Size: 85.85 KB / Downloads: 2
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 07:10 PM
I thought this info also might be helpful. It is a screenshot of MTK Droid Root % Tools v2.4.8 (the version Ive used to do the backup procedure Youve told me) phone info panel. Ive noticed that the Kernel version and Baseband version as well as IMEI 1 and IMEI 2 numbers arent shown so I thought it might be indicative of the problem..sorry for excess info if not. Anyway, the screenshot with the info is attached to the post.
Attached Files
.jpg
info.jpg
Size: 12.87 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-05-2015, 10:28 PM
(03-05-2015, 07:10 PM)ddarhe I thought this info also might be helpful. It is a screenshot of MTK Droid Root % Tools v2.4.8 (the version Ive used to do the backup procedure Youve told me) phone info panel. Ive noticed that the Kernel version and Baseband version as well as IMEI 1 and IMEI 2 numbers arent shown so I thought it might be indicative of the problem..sorry for excess info if not. Anyway, the screenshot with the info is attached to the post.

got just the right info. the phone is bricked so baseband and imei might not show.
list the files in the backup folder. want to know what was successfully backed up

Note!
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 10:53 PM

Here is the screenshot out of the "\backups\ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-6030X_130508_backup_150503-183904" folder.
Note:
Ive managed to install the drivers properly and flashtool does recognize the device as it should but, when I try to flash the ROM (the first ROM I mentioned earlier), I get "PMT changed for ROM; it must be downloaded". The screenshot of that is also attached to the post.
Attached Files
.jpg
backups.jpg
Size: 53.21 KB / Downloads: 1
.jpg
flashing1.jpg
Size: 132.58 KB / Downloads: 2
Pages (2): 1 2 Next