Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] What is a Mediatek (MTK) driver and how do I install?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] What is a Mediatek (MTK) driver and how do I install?

[Please help] What is a Mediatek (MTK) driver and how do I install?

David Ahmed
David Ahmed
David Ahmed
Enthusiastic Member
08-11-2019, 08:18 AM

Can someone clarify which drivers I need to install for flashing Mediatek smartphones, smartwatches and other devices.
Thanks!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-11-2019, 08:19 AM
MTK drivers enable your computer detect and interact with your Mediatek device. Drivers act as an interface between hardware and software.
The task at hand will determine which driver(s) you'll need.

MTK Drivers

MTP: This is for transferring media files between your Mediatek device and PC. Connecting your device to the PC should automatically install this driver. If you encounter trouble with MTP drivers then follow this Windows MTP drivers fix tutorial
USB VCOM & CDC: These are for Flashing / writing to your Mediatek device in Flash or Meta mode. Here's how to install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers. These drivers could either be signed or unsigned depending on which you download. Unsigned drivers require you to disable driver signature enforcement.
ADB&Fastboot: Google USB drivers enable ADB and fastboot binaries communicate with your device. For ADB to work, USB debugging must be enabled on your device. For fastboot to work, the device must be in fastboot. Here's a guide on how to setup ADB & Fastboot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
VeraP
VeraP
VeraP
20-11-2019, 12:22 PM
MTK drivers allow you to connect your smartphne which is powered by Mediatek chipset to the computer. You can have a full guide on XDA developers for MTK driver installation
This post was last modified: 20-11-2019, 06:10 PM by hovatek.