Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix X5511 camera issue
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix X5511 camera issue

Infinix X5511 camera issue

gsh1972
gsh1972
gsh1972
19-11-2019, 12:58 PM

I have x5511 (Hot 4 pro- Indian version) which has problem with camera which switches between front & back on its own, but can't switch between front & back manually. Flashed with stock ROM v-140, and the problem persists. Updated to V-148, 150 & again to 160 through OTA and checked at each stage but no change. First I thought the front camera is dead or damaged. But by switching automatically to front camera (though upside down), the device assured me that it is in working condition.
The problem started some 10 days ago. What could have gone wrong?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-11-2019, 11:36 PM
(19-11-2019, 12:58 PM)gsh1972 I have x5511 (Hot 4 pro- Indian version) which has problem with camera which switches between front & back on its own, but can't switch between front & back manually. Flashed with stock ROM v-140, and the problem persists. Updated to V-148, 150 & again to 160 through OTA and checked at each stage but no change. First I thought the front camera is dead or damaged. But by switching automatically to front camera (though upside down), the device assured me that it is in working condition.

you mentioned that you cant switch manually, do you get any error when you attempt to switch manually?
and does the auto switching continue until you exit the camera? (ie from front to back then to front and continuous till you exit the camera) or its just a one-time thing? (ie from front to back once then stops)

after flashing firmware, did the phone go through initial setup or it booted straight back into homescreen?
and have you tried checking / replacing the phone's screen touch?
gsh1972
gsh1972
gsh1972
20-11-2019, 09:20 AM
(19-11-2019, 11:36 PM)X3non
(19-11-2019, 12:58 PM)gsh1972 I have x5511 (Hot 4 pro- Indian version) which has problem with camera which switches between front & back on its own, but can't switch between front & back manually. Flashed with stock ROM v-140, and the problem persists. Updated to V-148, 150 & again to 160 through OTA and checked at each stage but no change. First I thought the front camera is dead or damaged. But by switching automatically to front camera (though upside down), the device assured me that it is in working condition.

you mentioned that you cant switch manually, do you get any error when you attempt to switch manually?
and does the auto switching continue until you exit the camera? (ie from front to back then to front and continuous till you exit the camera) or its just a one-time thing? (ie from front to back once then stops)

after flashing firmware, did the phone go through initial setup or it booted straight back into homescreen?
and have you tried checking / replacing the phone's screen touch?
Usually the camera opens with back camera, and when I touch the icon for front camera, the app hangs. I will have to leave it to auto close, before using it again. Sometimes it gives a surprise by showing front camera but upside down, with no option to switch camera. Then I will have to reboot to get back camera.

I have flashed the Stock ROM only to rectify the camera problem and it has flashed properly with full setup. Flashed with Version 140, and later updated with system update, step by step, checking the camera with each update.

Since both the cameras are working separately, I am sure there is no hardware problem with either camera, hence I am looking for software trick (if available) that can correct this.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-11-2019, 07:59 PM
(20-11-2019, 09:20 AM)gsh1972 Usually the camera opens with back camera, and when I touch the icon for front camera, the app hangs. I will have to leave it to auto close, before using it again. Sometimes it gives a surprise by showing front camera but upside down, with no option to switch camera. Then I will have to reboot to get back camera.

I have flashed the Stock ROM only to rectify the camera problem and it has flashed properly with full setup. Flashed with Version 140, and later updated with system update, step by step, checking the camera with each update.

Since both the cameras are working separately, I am sure there is no hardware problem with either camera, hence I am looking for software trick (if available) that can correct this.

you can't possible be looking for "software trick" since you have already flashed stock firmware and it didn't fix the problem, also the camera showing upside down is extra sign that the problem is hardware related. you need to take your device to a phone hardware repair technician for repairs
gsh1972
gsh1972
gsh1972
21-11-2019, 01:36 PM

(20-11-2019, 07:59 PM)X3non
(20-11-2019, 09:20 AM)gsh1972 Usually the camera opens with back camera, and when I touch the icon for front camera, the app hangs. I will have to leave it to auto close, before using it again. Sometimes it gives a surprise by showing front camera but upside down, with no option to switch camera. Then I will have to reboot to get back camera.

you can't possible be looking for "software trick" since you have already flashed stock firmware and it didn't fix the problem, also the camera showing upside down is extra sign that the problem is hardware related. you need to take your device to a phone hardware repair technician for repairs
Looks like there is no solution other than taking to service center. I have found similar problem with other users in some other platform but without a solution.
Thanks for taking time to respond.
David Ahmed
David Ahmed
David Ahmed
Enthusiastic Member
23-11-2019, 12:17 PM
(21-11-2019, 01:36 PM)gsh1972 Looks like there is no solution other than taking to service center. I have found similar problem with other users in some other platform but without a solution.
Thanks for taking time to respond.

I suspect some hardware problem. Try other camera apps if they have the same issue