Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Rooting Tecno Pop 2 Plus
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Rooting Tecno Pop 2 Plus

Rooting Tecno Pop 2 Plus

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-01-2020, 10:02 AM

(06-01-2020, 08:11 AM)vchowe@outlook.com Thanks X3non,

I already followed the guide to the letter. That's when I'm getting the error (Cannot load patched_boot.img).

Device is well detected (adb/fastboot).

you're to change patched_boot.img in the command given here to whatever name you have, i believe it should be magisk_patched.img now and ensure that the file is in the same folder location as the adb and fastboot binaries
This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 10:03 AM by X3non.
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
06-01-2020, 07:55 PM
@X3non,

Thanks for that. But I am left behind a bit. Yes, after patching in Magisk the file was stored as Magisk_patched.img. I then renamed it to Patched_boot.img before I transferred it to the adb/fastboot directory. So, am I to change it back to Magisk_patched.img?

You also mentioned something like "...in the command given here.." Kindly elaborate.

Go easy on a layman Smile. I know I'm just not get you properly.

Thanks a million for your prompt assistance.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
06-01-2020, 09:19 PM
(06-01-2020, 07:55 PM)vchowe@outlook.com @X3non,

Thanks for that. But I am left behind a bit. Yes, after patching in Magisk the file was stored as Magisk_patched.img. I then renamed it to Patched_boot.img before I transferred it to the adb/fastboot directory. So, am I to change it back to Magisk_patched.img?

You also mentioned something like "...in the command given here.." Kindly elaborate.

Go easy on a layman Smile. I know I'm just not get you properly.

Thanks a million for your prompt assistance.

whatever name you've given to it there's no problem with that, just make sure you typed the name correctly in your command and the file is in your C:\adb directory.
The essence of renaming the file is to simply when executing the command.

e.g. if the patched boot is named as "magisk_patched.img then the command should be:
Code:

fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

the same thing if the patched boot is named as patched_boot.img then the command should be:
Code:

fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 09:20 PM by xerxes.
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
06-01-2020, 10:29 PM
Figured as much. But that's exactly what I have been doing. I keep getting "Cannot load patched_boot.img for some reason or other.
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
07-01-2020, 07:59 AM

Are you getting the error in tool also or you didn't try yet???
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-01-2020, 11:09 AM
(06-01-2020, 10:29 PM)vchowe@outlook.com Figured as much. But that's exactly what I have been doing. I keep getting "Cannot load patched_boot.img for some reason or other.

attach a screenshot showing the contents of your adb folder and a screenshot of the adb window where you get this error message
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
11-01-2020, 01:14 AM
I managed to get fastboot detect my device and successfully flashed (fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img) the patched file. However I don't don't seem to have successfully rooted the device. I tried to verify root with two root checkers successively. One says "Not Rooted" the other says "Root access not successfully installed". I'm blank.

@rggr5, I haven't tried the tool yet because I finally got the fastboot working. But I downloaded it and will try it should the need arise.
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
11-01-2020, 01:18 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried to patch boot.img again in Magisk and flashed it yet again but get the same No Root result.

Thanks in advance.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-01-2020, 11:56 AM
(11-01-2020, 01:18 AM)vchowe@outlook.com Sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried to patch boot.img again in Magisk and flashed it yet again but get the same No Root result.

Thanks in advance.

launch magisk manager on your device then check the dashboard, is magisk installed?
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
12-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Yes, Magisk is installed. I patched the boot.img on the device before I attempted to root.
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next