Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Redmi Note 8 Pro bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Redmi Note 8 Pro bricked

Redmi Note 8 Pro bricked

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ppthom
ppthom
ppthom
Enthusiastic Member
29-11-2019, 04:37 PM

Totally bricked Redmi Note 8 Pro - TWRP did not flash MIUI V 11 properly, then used TWRP to reinstall MIUI V10, and after successfully flashing, upon boot, the phone died, completely.  The LED shows when the cable is connected.  When using SP_Flash, with MIUI V10 zip file, the following message appears:
ERROR : STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE_NEEDED (0xC0030012)

[HINT]:
Please select a valid authentication file or ask for help

Service@xiaomi refuses to acknowledge any help, including the authentification file.
None of your DA files work.  Is this phone, so new, so good, with it in my hands less than a month, now just a piece of junk?  Jeez ...
This post was last modified: 30-11-2019, 01:42 PM by X3non.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-11-2019, 10:15 PM
(29-11-2019, 04:37 PM)ppthom Totally bricked Redmi Note 8 Pro - TWRP did not flash MIUI V 11 properly, then used TWRP to reinstall MIUI V10, and after successfully flashing, upon boot, the phone died, completely.  The LED shows when the cable is connected.  When using SP_Flash, with MIUI V10 zip file, the following message appears:

[HINT]:

Service@xiaomi refuses to acknowledge any help, including the authentification file.
None of your DA files work.  Is this phone, so new, so good, with it in my hands less than a month, now just a piece of junk?  Jeez ...

Did you take note of the phone’s build no?
If yes, have you downloaded it’s firmware?
ppthom
ppthom
ppthom
Enthusiastic Member
29-11-2019, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately, that info is on the disabled phone, but both MIUI V10 and V11 were the latest global versions for the global phone.  V10 was the OS on the phone originally, and I assume both version 10 and 11 downloaded fit this model: global version for the global phone.  Sorry I am not more precise.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Hovatek Mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
30-11-2019, 09:45 AM
(29-11-2019, 11:25 PM)ppthom Unfortunately, that info is on the disabled phone, but both MIUI V10 and V11 were the latest global versions for the global phone.  V10 was the OS on the phone originally, and I assume both version 10 and 11 downloaded fit this model: global version for the global phone.  Sorry I am not more precise.

Attach the screenshot of the content of the firmware you have downloaded, let’s take look at it.
Also have you tried flashing the phone using software download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23708.html ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-11-2019, 01:47 PM

(29-11-2019, 04:37 PM)ppthom Totally bricked Redmi Note 8 Pro - TWRP did not flash MIUI V 11 properly, then used TWRP to reinstall MIUI V10, and after successfully flashing, upon boot, the phone died, completely.  The LED shows when the cable is connected.  When using SP_Flash, with MIUI V10 zip file, the following message appears:

[HINT]:

even if you had a working auth file, you'd still be unable to flash the device without an authorized mi account
search for someone who has an authorized account to assist you with flashing the device
ppthom
ppthom
ppthom
Enthusiastic Member
30-11-2019, 10:14 PM
(30-11-2019, 09:45 AM)innagee
(29-11-2019, 11:25 PM)ppthom Unfortunately, that info is on the disabled phone, but both MIUI V10 and V11 were the latest global versions for the global phone.  V10 was the OS on the phone originally, and I assume both version 10 and 11 downloaded fit this model: global version for the global phone.  Sorry I am not more precise.

Attach the screenshot of the content of the firmware you have downloaded, let’s take look at it.
Also have you tried flashing the phone using software download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23708.html ?
The phone has been sent to a Xiaomi reseller to see if they can do a deep flash of this:

miui_BEGONIAGlobal_V11.0.1.0.PGGMIXM_f057ff19fc_9.0.zip

or this:

miui_BEGONIAGlobal_V10.4.2.0.PGGMIXM_2c8481c740_9.0.zip

No, I have not tried the SoftwareDownload (Transsion Aftersale) tool.

Hope to have the phone returened in a couple of weeks, and I will let you know the results.
ppthom
ppthom
ppthom
Enthusiastic Member
30-11-2019, 10:18 PM
(30-11-2019, 01:47 PM)X3non

[HINT]:

even if you had a working auth file, you'd still be unable to flash the device without an authorized mi account
search for someone who has an authorized account to assist you with flashing the device
Thanks, I am aware of that, and with the phone on its way to a Xiaomi reseller, I hope to have a response in a couple of weeks.  Will let you know.  In the meantime, is it possible to do a deep flash with an EDL cable on an MTK device (which seems to be a first for Xiaomi) using MiFlash?  This model may be too new to answer this.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-12-2019, 12:52 AM
(30-11-2019, 10:18 PM)ppthom Thanks, I am aware of that, and with the phone on its way to a Xiaomi reseller, I hope to have a response in a couple of weeks.  Will let you know.  In the meantime, is it possible to do a deep flash with an EDL cable on an MTK device (which seems to be a first for Xiaomi) using MiFlash?  This model may be too new to answer this.

you don't need deep flash cable, also mtk devices don't have edl mode
regular USB, custom DA and or Auth file depending on the level of the bricked state and authorized mi account for flashing. that's what you'd need to flash
This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 12:56 AM by X3non.
ppthom
ppthom
ppthom
Enthusiastic Member
02-12-2019, 06:24 PM
(02-12-2019, 12:52 AM)X3non
(30-11-2019, 10:18 PM)ppthom Thanks, I am aware of that, and with the phone on its way to a Xiaomi reseller, I hope to have a response in a couple of weeks.  Will let you know.  In the meantime, is it possible to do a deep flash with an EDL cable on an MTK device (which seems to be a first for Xiaomi) using MiFlash?  This model may be too new to answer this.

you don't need deep flash cable, also mtk devices don't have edl mode
regular USB, custom DA and or Auth file depending on the level of the bricked state and authorized mi account for flashing. that's what you'd need to flash
Okay, good to know.  Thank you.  I hope this reseller can revive the phone and that the IMEI numbers are on the phone still.  That worries me the most when (not if) the phone is recovered.
mabdarrb
mabdarrb
mabdarrb
Enthusiastic Member
13-12-2019, 10:06 PM

I also have one bricked Redmi note 8 pro, but after flashing TWRP is working and late after rebooting they go to reboot loop.
I was flashing boot.img (I thing from another version) and then phone is bricked, only have white led when connected USB cable.
While pressing + volume i heared beep and one driver installed and after some second uninstalled. If I pressing minus volume while connecting USB is nothing happens. Please help
Pages (2): 1 2 Next