Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Nokia 2.2 Flashing & Unbrick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Nokia 2.2 Flashing & Unbrick

Nokia 2.2 Flashing & Unbrick

Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Enthusiastic Member
01-12-2019, 09:55 AM

[Image: UGJqYxU.jpg]
NOKIA 2.2 WASP - MT6761 Restoration Issues

1. Unable to Flash stock firmware with SP Flash Tool
  2. Updates Destroy Backups - AVB is stopping Downgrades
  3. SP Flash Tool option Write Memory is unavailable with Nokia 2.2
  4. Format All works Fine, but Flashing is Blocked
I'm in serious need of a Nokia 2.2 DA file that actually works in SP Flash Tool, all Nokia 2.2 DA files online can not work with SP Flash Tool.

I have tried everything to repair my Nokia 2.2 including all firmwares on here.

I had success with a few images in the firmware link i found here.  About 3 img files had Verified pass when flashing, while my stock img files Failed.

Please, Hovatek... How do i flash my Stock Firmware on Nokia 2.2 ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-12-2019, 01:34 AM
(01-12-2019, 09:55 AM)Zillinium Solutions ...
Please, Hovatek... How do i flash my Stock Firmware on Nokia 2.2 ?

attach a full screenshot of the contents of the firmware you downloaded from the link @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-26928.html
also attach a full screenshot of any error message you get when you attempt to flash the downloaded firmware
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2019, 01:58 AM
[quote pid='183019' dateline='1575246871']
OST doesn't have my firmware, my device is Nokia 2.2 not Nokia 2 ... Nokia 2 has a Qualcomm CPU whereas Nokia 2.2 has a Meditek CPU - MT6761

OST Tool doesn't have the 1191 firmware anywhere. 

On your website, i managed to find a weird Firmware that i can not Flash with Any tools. 

It seems like a Project base, that never got built, it has a project.json file and a firmware. zip file inside it.. I extracted the image's and tried using SP Flash Tool to flash the img files, however the ROM is incomplete, it only has some images, not All firmware images. 
[/quote]
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-12-2019, 10:53 AM
(09-12-2019, 01:58 AM)Zillinium Solutions OST doesn't have my firmware, my device is Nokia 2.2 not Nokia 2 ... Nokia 2 has a Qualcomm CPU whereas Nokia 2.2 has a Meditek CPU - MT6761

OST Tool doesn't have the 1191 firmware anywhere. 

On your website, i managed to find a weird Firmware that i can not Flash with Any tools. 

It seems like a Project base, that never got built, it has a project.json file and a firmware. zip file inside it.. I extracted the image's and tried using SP Flash Tool to flash the img files, however the ROM is incomplete, it only has some images, not All firmware images. 

i am fully aware of the model of your device, click on the link in my previous reply > scroll down to the important notice section > click the firmware link in important notice section > click Nokia HMD > scroll down to nokia 2.2 and download the firmware you see on the list
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2019, 01:10 PM

[quote pid='183408' dateline='1575885183']
Thank you, i tried the firmware and it is not correct, nor does it provide a method to Flash the firmware. 

Also the Modem.img is locked to a carrier, not my Carrier... now i have a network lock..

Eventually, i created my own.

Here's the files i used,

Nokia 2.2 DA File - MTK All In One

Nokia 2.2 Repair Files

[/quote]

I used SP Flash Tool - latest edition, to Flash my stock Preloader & Boot back. 
Hopefully these files can be useful to others.
This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 04:38 PM by Zillinium Solutions.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
09-12-2019, 10:43 PM
(09-12-2019, 01:10 PM)Zillinium Solutions [quote pid='183408' dateline='1575885183']
Thank you, i tried the firmware and it is not correct, nor does it provide a method to Flash the firmware. 

Also the Modem.img is locked to a carrier, not my Carrier... now i have a network lock..

Eventually, i created my own.

Here's the files i used,

Nokia 2.2 DA File - MTK All In One

Nokia 2.2 Repair Files

I used SP Flash Tool - latest edition, to Flash my stock Preloader & Boot back. 
Hopefully these files can be useful to others.
[/quote]

Thank you for sharing!
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Enthusiastic Member
15-12-2019, 02:29 AM
YOUR Firmware has given me a Network Lock.

I managed to restore my boot, however i noticed that Flashing your Firmware made my device Network Locked to an unknown Service Provider.

What is the SIM ME Lock code for that Nokia 2.2 Firmware you have provided.. 

My Original MD1.img is older than the Firmware you provided, Making it impossible to Roll-Back my Modem files.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-12-2019, 09:57 AM
(15-12-2019, 02:29 AM)Zillinium Solutions YOUR Firmware has given me a Network Lock.

I managed to restore my boot, however i noticed that Flashing your Firmware made my device Network Locked to an unknown Service Provider.

What is the SIM ME Lock code for that Nokia 2.2 Firmware you have provided.. 

My Original MD1.img is older than the Firmware you provided, Making it impossible to Roll-Back my Modem files.

first all, i believe you are able to view the website link which in turn means you must have noticed the website you downloaded the firmware from is an external website which is apparently isn't owned by hovatek
secondly, you can confirm if the firmware is truly network locked, contact the author of the website. you'll find his contact at the footer of the website
thirdly, if you're unable to flash our old mode back, its not because of any anti rollback but rather your backup files are not -verified or -sign. you will only be able to flash your backup using fastboot or a custom recovery such as twrp
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Zillinium Solutions
Enthusiastic Member
21-12-2019, 10:40 AM
No, my Firmware is an exact Clone of my current device... The only thing stopping the flash is Rollback Protection.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-12-2019, 09:19 PM

(21-12-2019, 10:40 AM)Zillinium Solutions No, my Firmware is an exact Clone of my current device... The only thing stopping the flash is Rollback Protection.

mediatek devices don't have anti rollback when the entire emmc can easily be erased and reflashed (if certain conditions are met)
you don't seem aware that many mtk devices can't be flashed using firmware backup in sp flash tool, only -sign and -verified files will be allowed to be written using a tool such as sp flash tool
you will only be allowed to flash firmware backups using the likes of fastboot on an unlocked bootloader
This post was last modified: 21-12-2019, 09:23 PM by X3non.