Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android zte obsidian 820 bootloader locked
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

zte obsidian 820 bootloader locked

zte obsidian 820 bootloader locked

02-12-2019, 03:06 AM

ok so i wanted to know if i can access fastboot or somehow install twrp for this device. i tried using adb to reboot bootloader it just reboots the phone i flashed the stock rom with SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1720
ZTE_Obsidian_Z820_MT6735M_MetroPCS_V1.0_(by_ztefirmware.com) and it still wont let me get to bootloader and when i go to recovery and reboot bootloader from there it just restarts phone. is there any other stock firmware i can flash for this device to get to fastboot or be able to flash twrp recovery? Thanks. also flashing other stock firmware does not work and didnt work for this stock rom without the DA agent- agent.bin and the auth file. all the other stock firmware doesnt have the download agent or auth files. for this chip MT6735M. any work arounds would be helpful been working on this for a week now same results.

PS was able to root with dr.fone root windows program. even though whem i flash twrp it says your phone has been locked due to unauthorized firmware by T Mobile. even though i flashed the metro stock above t mobile owns metro
This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 03:11 AM by mynewandroidproject.
02-12-2019, 04:08 AM
ok i want to know if this model can flash twrp custom recovery i have the stock firmware was able to flash with sptools. anyways dont know how to install twrp on this model to install custom firmware rom. if anybody knows if it is possible or not please help this is a mt6735m hardware. thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-12-2019, 02:15 PM
(02-12-2019, 03:06 AM)mynewandroidproject ok so i wanted to know if i can access fastboot or somehow install twrp for this device. i tried using adb to reboot bootloader it just reboots the phone i flashed the stock rom with SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1720
ZTE_Obsidian_Z820_MT6735M_MetroPCS_V1.0_(by_ztefirmware.com) and it still wont let me get to bootloader and when i go to recovery and reboot bootloader from there it just restarts phone. is there any other stock firmware i can flash for this device to get to fastboot or be able to flash twrp recovery? Thanks. also flashing other stock firmware does not work and didnt work for this stock rom without the DA agent- agent.bin and the auth file. all the other stock firmware doesnt have the download agent or auth files. for this chip MT6735M. any work arounds would be helpful been working on this for a week now same results.

PS was able to root with dr.fone root windows program. even though whem i flash twrp it says your phone has been locked due to unauthorized firmware by T Mobile. even though i flashed the metro stock above t mobile owns metro

no way to get twrp on such a device ie one with no fastboot and doesn't accept booting non-factory images
02-12-2019, 07:54 PM
i thought we could create a twrp recovery with programs made from the stock recovery and then flash it with sp tools. i tried this with a twrp downloaded image and ones made from a twrp recovery img maker everytime i flash even when it say it was successful gets the phone recovery locked before bootup. i knew this was pretty much impossible. if there was no bootloader blocking it would boot to twrp after flashing with an apk app or spflash tools?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-12-2019, 03:17 AM

(02-12-2019, 07:54 PM)mynewandroidproject i thought we could create a twrp recovery with programs made from the stock recovery and then flash it with sp tools. i tried this with a twrp downloaded image and ones made from a twrp recovery img maker everytime i flash even when it say it was successful gets the phone recovery locked before bootup. i knew this was pretty much impossible. if there was no bootloader blocking it would boot to twrp after flashing with an apk app or spflash tools?

quoting a section of your previous reply below

(02-12-2019, 03:06 AM)mynewandroidproject ...even though whem i flash twrp it says your phone has been locked due to unauthorized firmware by T Mobile. even though i flashed the metro stock above t mobile owns metro

there you go, something is clearly blocking the device from booting any custom images and whatever it is is only known to the oem
if you used the twrp porting tool, then there's a dm_verity check that should tell if the device has dm_verity
This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 03:25 AM by X3non.