Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help with Huavei MediaPad tablet
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help with Huavei MediaPad tablet

Help with Huavei MediaPad tablet

exstrigen
exstrigen
exstrigen
10-12-2019, 09:26 PM

Hello,

I have a MediaPad 10 Link Plus (S10-231w) stuck in a bootloop, and when I power it up it then stops on with the boot logo on and that´s it. Can not get in recovery mode, but I can get in fastboot mode. Do you have any advice what should I do. I just want to erase everything and bring it back to factory settings. Thank you.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
10-12-2019, 11:42 PM
(10-12-2019, 09:26 PM)exstrigen Hello,

I have a MediaPad 10 Link Plus (S10-231w) stuck in a bootloop, and when I power it up it then stops on with the boot logo on and that´s it. Can not get in recovery mode, but I can get in fastboot mode. Do you have any advice what should I do. I just want to erase everything and bring it back to factory settings. Thank you.

recovery mode, power off the device then hold vol down & power button
if factory resetting doesn't fix it then download and flash firmware, you can check firmware list @ https://gsm-firmware.com/index.php?a=dow...er&id=9213
exstrigen
exstrigen
exstrigen
11-12-2019, 10:00 AM
(10-12-2019, 11:42 PM)freshtyt

recovery mode, power off the device then hold vol down & power button
if factory resetting doesn't fix it then download and flash firmware, you can check firmware list @ https://gsm-firmware.com/index.php?a=dow...er&id=9213
The problem is that the tablet does not want go to recovery mode. I tried every button combination. I even tried dload sd flash rom option but it does not work too. I can only access fastboot mode, can I do anything with that?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
11-12-2019, 09:46 PM
(11-12-2019, 10:00 AM)exstrigen The problem is that the tablet does not want go to recovery mode. I tried every button combination. I even tried dload sd flash rom option but it does not work too. I can only access fastboot mode, can I do anything with that?

you're either using the wrong button combo or the hardware buttons are not functional
for fastboot, you can install adb and fastboot on your PC @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html 
check if the bootloader on the device is unlocked, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
if its unlocked, extract the update.app using huawei update extractor tool (check xdadevelopers) then flash the files within using fastboot e.g fastboot flash boot boot.img

btw how did you manage to put the phone into fastboot mode?
exstrigen
exstrigen
exstrigen
12-12-2019, 11:39 AM

(11-12-2019, 09:46 PM)freshtyt
(11-12-2019, 10:00 AM)exstrigen The problem is that the tablet does not want go to recovery mode. I tried every button combination. I even tried dload sd flash rom option but it does not work too. I can only access fastboot mode, can I do anything with that?

you're either using the wrong button combo or the hardware buttons are not functional
for fastboot, you can install adb and fastboot on your PC @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html 
check if the bootloader on the device is unlocked, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
if its unlocked, extract the update.app using huawei update extractor tool (check xdadevelopers) then flash the files within using fastboot e.g fastboot flash boot boot.img

btw how did you manage to put the phone into fastboot mode?
Thank you for your reply. I know the button combinations and they do not respond. The device powers on by itself when I connect USB cable, over the charger or over the PC port. So I just hold down VOL - and connected the USB that is connected to my PC and it goes to fastboot mode. My problem then is that i can not find suitable driver for it and in Device Manager i get "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Error 43. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1809 version. And I tried every single method and fix for this error, still device is not being recognized. I am in windows Test Mode, disabled driver signature enforcement and still nothing. I downloaded adb tools, PdaNetA5221, installed drivers, but not USB because the installer does not recognize the device. Installed Huawei HI Suite and drivers, tried other drivers as well but no recognition. The dload flash does not work over the SD card.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-12-2019, 09:33 PM
(12-12-2019, 11:39 AM)exstrigen Thank you for your reply. I know the button combinations and they do not respond. The device powers on by itself when I connect USB cable, over the charger or over the PC port. So I just hold down VOL - and connected the USB that is connected to my PC and it goes to fastboot mode. My problem then is that i can not find suitable driver for it and in Device Manager i get "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Error 43. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1809 version. And I tried every single method and fix for this error, still device is not being recognized. I am in windows Test Mode, disabled driver signature enforcement and still nothing. I downloaded adb tools, PdaNetA5221, installed drivers, but not USB because the installer does not recognize the device. Installed Huawei HI Suite and drivers, tried other drivers as well but no recognition. The dload flash does not work over the SD card.

its possible that the vol up button on the phone isn't functional anymore, also the USB unknown is either faulty USB cable, USB port on the phone or the PC
try a different USB cable first then different port on the PC, also try a different PC if possible then lastly change USB port on the phone if others fail
exstrigen
exstrigen
exstrigen
13-12-2019, 08:35 AM
(12-12-2019, 09:33 PM)X3non
(12-12-2019, 11:39 AM)exstrigen Thank you for your reply. I know the button combinations and they do not respond. The device powers on by itself when I connect USB cable, over the charger or over the PC port. So I just hold down VOL - and connected the USB that is connected to my PC and it goes to fastboot mode. My problem then is that i can not find suitable driver for it and in Device Manager i get "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Error 43. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1809 version. And I tried every single method and fix for this error, still device is not being recognized. I am in windows Test Mode, disabled driver signature enforcement and still nothing. I downloaded adb tools, PdaNetA5221, installed drivers, but not USB because the installer does not recognize the device. Installed Huawei HI Suite and drivers, tried other drivers as well but no recognition. The dload flash does not work over the SD card.

its possible that the vol up button on the phone isn't functional anymore, also the USB unknown is either faulty USB cable, USB port on the phone or the PC
try a different USB cable first then different port on the PC, also try a different PC if possible then lastly change USB port on the phone if others fail
Maybe the vol up button does not work. I changed a brand new OEM usb connector board, tryed with 4 usb cables already and tryed it on 2 computers, one with windows 7x64 and w7 32 bit since my last post so it is not the problem with usb. I assume it is a hardware problem. Thank you for your help
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
16-12-2019, 06:58 PM

sounds like you'll need an emmc write (hardware) tool to write directly to the device's emmc chip