Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android about SDT
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

about SDT

about SDT

Pages (11): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-02-2020, 09:21 AM

(13-02-2020, 06:25 PM)Timmylog After I successfully re flash the ported TWRP into my device, can I reboot my phone or is there any process I need to go through to make the custom recovery permanent?

the custom recovery should remain permanent after reboot but if it doesn't then see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10992.html
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
17-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Hi! I've flashed the ported twrp into my recovery partition on my device with adb, but my device is now stuck in a bootloop. I've tried pressing all buttons simultaneously but nothing works up entering recovery mode is impossible and even fastboot mode too.
So I didn't panic, my plan was to undo what I did by using sp flash tool to only flash my recovery back to stock since I can't access fastboot anymore but unfortunately, sp flash tool keeps asking for an authentication file. So I downloaded the custom DA file for my device but when I loaded the file the flash tool kept telling me i needed something like a library file or maybe it said incorrect library stuff, I didn't really put that part in my mind. But what I want you to know is that I don't think I made any mistake on my part, cause what I think may be the problem is below:
1.using the android 9 pie option instead of the go version into the twrp porting tool.
but there was no pie go option and you said it was okay for me to use it
2.DM verity issue:in the tutorial video it was stated that if the porting tool shows no DM verity detected we shouldn't bother flasin the VB meta file or patching magisk to the boot partition and it didn't detect any DM verity in my stock recovery image so I didn't bother flashing the VB meta and boot. Or less if the app has a bug and says no DM verity for everyone's recovery images then that could hve Been the cause of my bootloop problem
3.My actual recovery img size was around 30 MB plus but after the twrp porter created its own it was only around 16mb so maybe it was incomplete but it still told me the porting process was complete.
N.B: THESE ARE JUST WHAT I THINK MAY BE THE CAUSE, THEY AREN'T FACTS.
Any way my plan now is to use the techno after sales flash tool ( also known as software download tool) which doesn't need any authentication file or custom da files, but before I do so I need to ask u tis question once again cause u didn't answer it the first time I asked you: can I use the software download tool to flash only my recovery partition or I can only use it to flash a whole firmware file?
My device is tecno pouvoir three air LC6A by the way

Thanks and keep up the good work?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-02-2020, 12:12 PM
(17-02-2020, 10:43 AM)Timmylog Hi! I've flashed the ported twrp into my recovery partition on my device with adb, but my device is now stuck in a bootloop. I've tried pressing all buttons simultaneously but nothing works up entering recovery mode is impossible and even fastboot mode too.
So I didn't panic, my plan was to undo what I did by using sp flash tool to only flash my recovery back to stock since I can't access fastboot anymore but unfortunately, sp flash tool keeps asking for an authentication file. So I downloaded the custom DA file for my device but when I loaded the file the flash tool kept telling me i needed something like a library file or maybe it said incorrect library stuff, I didn't really put that part in my mind. But what I want you to know is that I don't think I made any mistake on my part, cause what I think may be the problem is below: ...

for the lib da error you encounter in spft, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ; you'll find the fix there
if SP flash still requests for an auth file even after you've tried using the DA file only, download and use the same auth for "F2 lte" @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html ; ie DA for LC6a and auth for F2 lte then reflash recovery.img

(17-02-2020, 10:43 AM)Timmylog ...1.using the android 9 pie option instead of the go version into the twrp porting tool.
but there was no pie go option and you said it was okay for me to use it...

your device has kernel version 4.9.117 right? the twrp porting tool ports for pie / pie-go devices on the same kernel version as 4.9.117. This doesn't necessarily mean that the ported TWRP will work fine for everybody. It's left for users to test and provide feedback (afterall we don't and can't possibly own all android devices out there)

(17-02-2020, 10:43 AM)Timmylog ...2.DM verity issue:in the tutorial video it was stated that if the porting tool shows no DM verity detected we shouldn't bother flasin the VB meta file or patching magisk to the boot partition and it didn't detect any DM verity in my stock recovery image so I didn't bother flashing the VB meta and boot. Or less if the app has a bug and says no DM verity for everyone's recovery images then that could hve Been the cause of my bootloop problem...

It's most likely dm_verity, might be implemented in a different way, one that the tool won't detect. you were to disable dm_verity first before flashing any custom images. I think i must have pointed that out before

(17-02-2020, 10:43 AM)Timmylog ...3.My actual recovery img size was around 30 MB plus but after the twrp porter created its own it was only around 16mb so maybe it was incomplete but it still told me the porting process was complete....

Don't worry about the size, the 30mb factory file is filled up zeroes at the eof. So long as the custom image you're flashing into a partition doesn't exceed the partition size then you would be fine

(17-02-2020, 10:43 AM)Timmylog N.B: THESE ARE JUST WHAT I THINK MAY BE THE CAUSE, THEY AREN'T FACTS.
Any way my plan now is to use the techno after sales flash tool ( also known as software download tool) which doesn't need any authentication file or custom da files, but before I do so I need to ask u tis question once again cause u didn't answer it the first time I asked you: can I use the software download tool to flash only my recovery partition or I can only use it to flash a whole firmware file?
My device is tecno pouvoir three air LC6A by the way...

No, you can't use software download tool to flash a single partition. if you must use the tool then you need to flash full factory firmware
If you still encounter any error while using either sp flash tool or software download tool, attach a full screenshot of the error message
you can upload your screenshot(s) to imgur.com then post the link here
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
17-02-2020, 07:06 PM
But can I use the scatter file I downloaded form your website for my device and use it for the software download tool or it's only meant for sp flash tool?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-02-2020, 08:50 PM

(17-02-2020, 07:06 PM)Timmylog But can I use the scatter file I downloaded form your website for my device and use it for the software download tool or it's only meant for sp flash tool?

the firmware listed here works on both tools you've mentioned
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
18-02-2020, 10:12 PM
Hey! thanks for the instructions you gave me yesterday. Disabling the lib option worked and I was able to use spft to revert back to stock recovery which stopped the bootloop. Turns out that dm verityfile was actually the culprit ,so this time around I patched the vbmeta partition and flashed the ported TWRP successfully.although my device didn't enter a bootloop but I think the Android system is overwriting the ported TWRP cause I entered recovery mode only to be welcomed by my stock recovery.

2 there's also this issue about magisk being flashed to the recovery partition for Android devices that don't have ramdisk in their boot partitions, Like Android 9.0 which doesn't have in it's boots partition but only in the recovery cause I checked the Android open source project (AOSP) and read the partition area and saw that there was only ramdisk in the boot partition, just like Tojohnwu, the developer of magisk said on his magisk installation website. And mine is the Android 9.0 so it still safe to patch my boot partition with magisk?
P.S : I've already patched magisk to my recovery partition but it seems it's been overwritten like the same way the ported TWRP is but just to be safe I'm going to flash my stock recovery again and wait for your answer.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
19-02-2020, 12:27 AM
Sorry I meant only ramdisk in the recovery partition, not boot partition.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-02-2020, 11:12 AM
(18-02-2020, 10:12 PM)Timmylog Hey! thanks for the instructions you gave me yesterday. Disabling the lib option worked and I was able to use spft to revert back to stock recovery which stopped the bootloop. Turns out that dm verityfile was actually the culprit ,so this time around I patched the vbmeta partition and flashed the ported TWRP successfully.although my device didn't enter a bootloop but I think the Android system is overwriting the ported TWRP cause I entered recovery mode only to be welcomed by my stock recovery...

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10992.html or better still try "fastboot boot recovery.img" where recovery.img is twrp recovery

(18-02-2020, 10:12 PM)Timmylog ...2 there's also this issue about magisk being flashed to the recovery partition for Android devices that don't have ramdisk in their boot partitions, Like Android 9.0 which doesn't have in it's boots partition but only in the recovery cause I checked the Android open source project (AOSP) and read the partition area and saw that there was only ramdisk in the boot partition, just like Tojohnwu, the developer of magisk said on his magisk installation website. And mine is the Android 9.0 so it still safe to patch my boot partition with magisk?
P.S : I've already patched magisk to my recovery partition but it seems it's been overwritten like the same way the ported TWRP is but just to be safe I'm going to flash my stock recovery again and wait for your answer.

if you wish to root, you must patch recovery not boot
use the same technique as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-gain...rk-go-kc1/ but ensure to use recovery.img for your device
This post was last modified: 19-02-2020, 11:14 AM by X3non.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
19-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Is there any way I can flash a custom rom without using a custom rom? I.e through adb, etc.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
19-02-2020, 10:57 PM

(19-02-2020, 06:13 PM)Timmylog Is there any way I can flash a custom rom without using a custom rom? I.e through adb, etc.

Depend on the firmware format, if it’s in .zip format then you’ll have to use custom recovery.
Pages (11): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next