Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android about SDT
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

about SDT

about SDT

Pages (11): Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
20-02-2020, 07:15 AM

Well, then i can just unzip it and flash it. Right?
2.If I flash a partition multiple times (e.g up to 20times) but I still make sure the image doesn't exceed the partition size will it still cause something bad like a partition overload?(if there's anything like a partition overload?)
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-02-2020, 02:47 PM
(20-02-2020, 07:15 AM)Timmylog Well, then i can just unzip it and flash it. Right?
2.If I flash a partition multiple times (e.g up to 20times) but I still make sure the image doesn't exceed the partition size will it still cause something bad like a partition overload?(if there's anything like a partition overload?)

1. not sure unzipping and flashing will work except if the content in the zip contain .img files.
2. it will just keep overwriting.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-02-2020, 03:13 PM
(20-02-2020, 07:15 AM)Timmylog Well, then i can just unzip it and flash it. Right?

if the zip in question contains partition images such as system.img, boot.img etc then you can flash those using fastboot
better still attach a full screenshot of the contents of the zip file

no such thing as partition overload, for each time to flash a partition, the contents of the partition is usually overwritten
if the image you intend to flash is larger in size than the partition, then that's a different case
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
21-02-2020, 10:04 AM
Good morning, so I tried the tecno temporary root strategy and it worked . But as usual, you lose root after you reboot then you'll gain network access again.(I used adb for this process)

Then I also decided to try the custom recovery, I tried using adb at first but it got overwritten every time. I couldn't even boot into it (Twrp). Then I decided to use sp flash tool although it wasn't the latest version, it's the one that shows mt6761 when you launch the app. When I tried flashing the recovery partition it asked for an authentiction file (Which was unusual cause when I had the bootloop problem, I only used the custom da file after disabling the lib option and it flashed successfully)
I kept on retrying but it kept requesting for this auth file, so I loaded the with file you said I should use if it ever requested for it . I now tried flashing it again only to receive something like this the message "preloader invalid". So what I think is that I've tried flashing it numerous times so the battery got very drained. (although I'm using a 5k battery capacity and it was around 60% then) or my preloader partition is damaged but I didn't touch anything/tick anything other than the recovery partition.
So right now I've plugged the phone to power outlet and I'm waiting for an answer before I inadvertently do any damage.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-02-2020, 03:37 PM

(21-02-2020, 10:04 AM)Timmylog Good morning, so I tried the tecno temporary root strategy and it worked . But as usual, you lose root after you reboot then you'll gain network access again.(I used adb for this process)

Then I also decided to try the custom recovery, I tried using adb at first but it got overwritten every time. I couldn't even boot into it (Twrp). Then I decided to use sp flash tool although it wasn't the latest version, it's the one that shows mt6761 when you launch the app. When I tried flashing the recovery partition it asked for an authentiction file (Which was unusual cause when I had the bootloop problem, I only used the custom da file after disabling the lib option and it flashed successfully)
I kept on retrying but it kept requesting for this auth file, so I loaded the with file you said I should use if it ever requested for it . I now tried flashing it again only to receive something like this the message "preloader invalid". So what I think is that I've tried flashing it numerous times so the battery got very drained. (although I'm using a 5k battery capacity and it was around 60% then) or my preloader partition is damaged but I didn't touch anything/tick anything other than the recovery partition.
So right now I've plugged the phone to power outlet and I'm waiting for an answer before I inadvertently do any damage.

depends on what you did, but you'll normally need an auth file if you format all including bootloader
are you sure you didn't select the option "format all + download" when you use spflash tool just before you got the auth file error?
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
21-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Yes I didn't select format all +download before I started flashing or less if the app automatically selects that option (does it?) after you select an with file.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
22-02-2020, 06:44 AM
Just to to clarify, what I'm saying is that throughout the whole operation, I never selected format all+ download throughout the whole operation.
Anyway my phone hasn't responded to anything yet and I think the battery is full .
Although when I plug it to pc, device manager shows a USB com port preloaded driver detected (Techno pouvoit 3air has an led indicator which always activates whenever it's plugged, so that's the only thing that happens to the phone right now)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-02-2020, 09:41 AM
(22-02-2020, 06:44 AM)Timmylog Just to to clarify, what I'm saying is that throughout the whole operation, I never selected format all+ download throughout the whole operation.
Anyway my phone hasn't responded to anything yet and I think the battery is full .
Although when I plug it to pc, device manager shows a USB com port preloaded driver detected (Techno pouvoit 3air has an led indicator which always activates whenever it's plugged, so that's the only thing that happens to the phone right now)

since your device seems to be detected, try flashing your device using format all + download in software download tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23709.html
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
22-02-2020, 10:59 AM
But is there any way I can backup some data from the internal storage before I flash the device? Cause they are really important.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
22-02-2020, 11:19 AM

And can't i just use download only in the software download tool cause I'm scared of something going wrong like my phone being formatted and it failing to download.
Pages (11): Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next