Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android about SDT
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

about SDT

about SDT

Pages (11): Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
08-07-2020, 07:59 AM

Please can i flash an Mi note 8 pro with sp flash tool? Or its only mi flash tool that can work? And for the record, it has a mediatek chipset
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-07-2020, 12:02 PM
(08-07-2020, 07:59 AM)Timmylog Please can i flash an Mi note 8 pro with sp flash tool? Or its only mi flash tool that can work? And for the record, it has a mediatek chipset

1 thread per device issue
not unless you have the right DA and possibly auth file (both of which are not available), no you can't flash using SP flash tool
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
08-07-2020, 05:02 PM
Okay i have this idea about magisk but i want you to hear it first before i try it.
Since i only have root access in recovery mode cause the only way was to flash magisk was to my recovery partition, im thinking of manually flashing it again when im IN recovery mode with flashify or other flashing apps like franco kernel manager, but i hope its not gonna affect my system since magisk was already flashed to the recovery partition. If it's possible, after using flashify to flash it, I'll now flash my stock recovery back since flashify has flashed it like the way custom recoveries do and i can use magisk in normal mode with network access
This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 05:31 PM by Timmylog.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-07-2020, 11:44 AM
(08-07-2020, 05:02 PM)Timmylog Okay i have this idea about magisk but i want you to hear it first before i try it.
Since i only have root access in recovery mode cause the only way was to flash magisk was to my recovery partition, im thinking of manually flashing it again when im IN recovery mode with flashify or other flashing apps like franco kernel manager, but i hope its not gonna affect my system since magisk was already flashed to the recovery partition. If it's possible, after using flashify to flash it, I'll now flash my stock recovery back since flashify has flashed it like the way custom recoveries do and i can use magisk in normal mode with network access

here's the order in which you can try to gain root after flashing empty vbmeta
patch boot using magisk manager @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
patch boot using magisk canary @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLWoJ-POlA
patch recovery using magisk manager @ same method as patching boot using magisk manager
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
09-07-2020, 03:47 PM

Okay it looks like i forgot to tell you that I'm using Tecno lc6a which runs on Android 9 and this means... there's no ramdisk in boot partition so it won't work for me, that's why ive already rooted my phone through magisk in recovery partition so, what im saying here is that im trying to flash magisk again but this time in a zip format with apps like flashify but when im flashing the magisk zip my phone will be in recovery magisk mode while im flashing the zip file so my question is... is flashing the zip file gonna damage my phone since its already rooted through magisk recovery.
P.S: once i manually flash the zip, magisk will automatically get replaced by the stock recovery as it always happens whenever i reboot.

2.And about sp flash tool, there's this issue with the authentication file you said i should use (F2 lte) which didn't work cause sp flash tool was always telling me invalid preloader stuffs, then my phone would go dead for three days. This happenes everytime i try flashing it and ive tried othet versions but it's still the same error and i end up with a dead phone for three days so please is there's anything you can do about it? Thanks
This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 04:09 PM by Timmylog.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-07-2020, 10:32 AM
(09-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Timmylog Okay it looks like i forgot to tell you that I'm using Tecno lc6a which runs on Android 9 and this means... there's no ramdisk in boot partition so it won't work for me, that's why ive already rooted my phone through magisk in recovery partition

your device model is actually stated in page 1
latest version of magisk patches boot.img without ramdisk. doesn't guarantee if it'll work or not so upto you to try it out

(09-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Timmylog so, what im saying here is that im trying to flash magisk again but this time in a zip format with apps like flashify but when im flashing the magisk zip my phone will be in recovery magisk mode while im flashing the zip file so my question is... is flashing the zip file gonna damage my phone since its already rooted through magisk recovery.
P.S: once i manually flash the zip, magisk will automatically get replaced by the stock recovery as it always happens whenever i reboot.

don't have an lc6 device, so you'll need to experiment yourself. mind you flashing zip will patch boot
for stock recovery replacing, already replied you on this before; rename or delete recovery-from-boot.p ; refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10992.html

(09-07-2020, 03:47 PM)Timmylog 2.And about sp flash tool, there's this issue with the authentication file you said i should use (F2 lte) which didn't work cause sp flash tool was always telling me invalid preloader stuffs, then my phone would go dead for three days. This happenes everytime i try flashing it and ive tried othet versions but it's still the same error and i end up with a dead phone for three days so please is there's anything you can do about it? Thanks

sp flash tool errors @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
dead phone due to interruption @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
11-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Please after flashing a GSI to my device must i wipe data or only cache
Orwell
Orwell
Orwell
12-07-2020, 01:49 AM
I want to attempt rooting my Tecno k7 device
How do I go about it pls
And any risk??
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-07-2020, 07:32 PM
(12-07-2020, 01:49 AM)Orwell I want to attempt rooting my Tecno k7 device
How do I go about it pls
And any risk??

Please create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread.
Click Ask Question at the top to post a new thread.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2020, 09:13 AM

(11-07-2020, 10:55 PM)Timmylog Please after flashing a GSI to my device must i wipe data or only cache

wipe both data and cache
Pages (11): Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next