Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android about SDT
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

about SDT

about SDT

Pages (11): Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
14-07-2020, 09:00 AM

So i tried the boot patching and flashing for my device but unfortunately, didn't work. All because there wasn't any ramdisk in the boot sector. I tried all their channels: Stable, Beta and Canary but they didn't work. So i did the normal recovery rooting which normally works and once i reboot, it gets overwritten but this time around it didn't get overwritten cause the boot image i have is the magisk patched one which means that the recovery which stays inside the boot image was removed during the magisk patching process so there was nothing to use to overwrite the patched recovery image during booting process.
I personally think that this is a better method than going to your system folder and making modifications to it like renaming the recovery from boot file and if i want to run OTA updates, I'll just flash my stock boot image back to my device which in turn will also overwrite the patched recovery and put the stock back in it's place. So what do you think about this hovatek? Is it a good idea or its better to just stick to renaming or deleting the recovery from boot process?
This post was last modified: 14-07-2020, 09:09 AM by Timmylog.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-07-2020, 09:09 AM
(14-07-2020, 09:00 AM)Timmylog ... Is it a good idea or its better to just stick to renaming or deleting the recovery from boot process?

users choice, if what you have works fine for you then you can stick with it
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
18-07-2020, 04:46 AM
So I flashed an Android 9 phh gsi rom to my device but when I reboot, it just ends up in na bootloop so I decided that it was because of it wasn't a go version, then I decided to flash the go version of Android 10 phh rom but it still ended up in a bootloop and I made sure I didn't make any errors during the whole operations. All the magisk patched images were wiped and stock images were restored before the gsi flashing.Thats apart from vbmeta cause it still needed to be disabled by flashing an empty VB meta img for the gsi rom to work but it still didn't. I even wiped user data after flashing the ROM but both roms still ended up in a bootloop. So please do you have any suggestions cause I'm starting to think it's the way Tecno builds most of their device that causes it because it was the same thing with the ported TWRP, it would just stick in Tecno untill I rebooted and it would now get overwritten by the stock recovery
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2020, 10:31 AM
(18-07-2020, 04:46 AM)Timmylog So I flashed an Android 9 phh gsi rom to my device but when I reboot, it just ends up in na bootloop so I decided that it was because of it wasn't a go version, then I decided to flash the go version of Android 10 phh rom but it still ended up in a bootloop and I made sure I didn't make any errors during the whole operations. All the magisk patched images were wiped and stock images were restored before the gsi flashing.Thats apart from vbmeta cause it still needed to be disabled by flashing an empty VB meta img for the gsi rom to work but it still didn't. I even wiped user data after flashing the ROM but both roms still ended up in a bootloop. So please do you have any suggestions cause I'm starting to think it's the way Tecno builds most of their device that causes it because it was the same thing with the ported TWRP, it would just stick in Tecno untill I rebooted and it would now get overwritten by the stock recovery

you should do more research on gsi roms and which particular rom type to choose
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
18-07-2020, 10:44 AM

Please believe me when I say I've done a lot of research and I made sure every info I got was accurate, especially things like CPU architecture, partition style/type, the roms likely to boot, etc. I even checked the list of transsion product consumers who've successfully flashed and booted the gsi roms. So like I said... I made sure everything was set cause i wanted the last thing that could happen to be a brick but the bootloop just seems unavoidable so I really don't know what to do next. I'm currently running the stock system img cause I was able to flash it back through fastboot. This is the same issue I saw one a Tecno spark 4 user thread. he's facing the same issue and for the record it's only one Tecno user who did the operation and booted successfully. So please help me out in this n Suggestions or solutions if any's available please. Thank you very much.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2020, 10:50 PM
(18-07-2020, 10:44 AM)Timmylog Please believe me when I say I've done a lot of research and I made sure every info I got was accurate, especially things like CPU architecture, partition style/type, the roms likely to boot, etc. I even checked the list of transsion product consumers who've successfully flashed and booted the gsi roms. So like I said... I made sure everything was set cause i wanted the last thing that could happen to be a brick but the bootloop just seems unavoidable so I really don't know what to do next. I'm currently running the stock system img cause I was able to flash it back through fastboot. This is the same issue I saw one a Tecno spark 4 user thread. he's facing the same issue and for the record it's only one Tecno user who did the operation and booted successfully. So please help me out in this n Suggestions or solutions if any's available please. Thank you very much.

anything custom rom, you need to search for info yourself
if the gsi rom doesn't boot without dm_verity disabled and factory reset using stock recovery then clearly the rom doesn't work for your device, search for and try a different rom and also read about A-only and A/B roms too
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
22-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Yes ive checked my partition type and it's a only and I downloaded a only phh android 9&10 roms for it and I even refreshed my stock vendor also, just to make sure that it wasn't the cause, which mean that i did make any mistakes, Its the rom that isn't compatible for my hardware. About testing other gsi roms, isn't phh treble's rom the stock/clean/unmodified rom? (like the foundation of other roms?...) If so that means other roms won't work on my device cause they're all just customized/modified versions of the phusson's/phh's rom, that's why they always recommend trying the phh rom first.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
22-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Yes ive checked my partition type and it's a only and I downloaded an a only phh android 9&10 roms for it and I even reflashed my stock vendor also, just to make sure that it wasn't the cause, which mean that i did make any mistakes, Its the rom that isn't compatible for my hardware. About testing other gsi roms, isn't phh treble's rom the stock/clean/unmodified rom? (like the foundation of other roms?...) If so that means other roms won't work on my device cause they're all just customized/modified versions of the phusson's/phh's rom, that's why they always recommend trying the phh rom first.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2020, 09:12 AM
(22-07-2020, 01:18 PM)Timmylog Yes ive checked my partition type and it's a only and I downloaded a only phh android 9&10 roms for it and I even refreshed my stock vendor also, just to make sure that it wasn't the cause, which mean that i did make any mistakes, Its the rom that isn't compatible for my hardware. About testing other gsi roms, isn't phh treble's rom the stock/clean/unmodified rom? (like the foundation of other roms?...) If so that means other roms won't work on my device cause they're all just customized/modified versions of the phusson's/phh's rom, that's why they always recommend trying the phh rom first.

if you search well enough, you'll find out that some a-only device accept a/b roms and fail on a-only roms
you can read it up @ https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...tions/wiki
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
23-07-2020, 11:22 AM

Yes ive seen this a long time ago but i personally don't think ab roms would work on an a-only tecno device, cause of its a low budget device. LOL... But there's no harm in trying though so ill give you feedback after i test it. But for the record, i still don't think it'll work. LOL...
Pages (11): Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next