Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP Recovery
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TWRP Recovery

TWRP Recovery

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-12-2019, 12:11 PM

(31-12-2019, 05:25 AM)Bhupender890 Sir I flashed sys.img choosing system image as partition but phone couldn't boot to home screen it was stuck on Tecno logo. I flashed only system image for testing if it works because I thought if system partition has modified somehow after magisk root then replacing system can resolve the issue of installing OTA, now because phone didn't boot as expected so do I have to flash all partitions available in install image option to get expected results or the build no. of the firmware must match to the current build beacuse I flashed sys.img from an old one which is available on your website because no other option left . Also I didn't wipe any partition before flashing beacuse you didn't answer my question related to wipe section so I thought maybe wiping is not necessary .

I searched on YouTube but most of videos explain custom rom installation even googled but same results found. If I had any help from youtube and goole i wouldn't bother you again.

Sent from my TECNO ID5a using Hovatek Mobile

wiping is not necessary if you're flashing the exact same image currently running on your device, a different system might not accept the contents of userdata and if that happens the device will get stuck at bootlogo, requiring a factory reset

system.img from a different firmware build will not work until you flash boot.img for the same build

the question now is what system.img did you flash? and where did you get if from?
This post was last modified: 31-12-2019, 12:49 PM by X3non.
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
31-12-2019, 01:22 PM
The current build of my phone is ID5a-H612F-O-191119V195, while the system image was taken from the firmware with the build number ID5a-H612F-O-190114V166 and downloaded from the link :
Can I post the link ?????
Now the main thing is that I should flash the boot img of the same build to boot properly, the exact question came to my mind when the phone did not boot on the home screen and I was going to flash the boot but then I thought you had already told me that the stock boot will not allow recovery to work so I thought if I flash the boot and the phone still does not boot properly and maybe recovery also stops working, then I have to go for PC.
So should I flash boot with system also to test if it works or not.
And yes I did factory reset as well because my common sense inspired me to do so.
This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 12:18 AM by Bhupender890.
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
31-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Edit: To avoid mix up this question has now been asked on a separate thread.

BTW is there no any way to delete a reply or post.
This post was last modified: 31-12-2019, 03:01 PM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-01-2020, 01:05 AM
(31-12-2019, 01:22 PM)Bhupender890 The current build of my phone is ID5a-H612F-O-191119V195, while the system image was taken from the firmware with the build number ID5a-H612F-O-190114V166 and downloaded from the link :
Can I post the link ?????
Now the main thing is that I should flash the boot img of the same build to boot properly, the exact question came to my mind when the phone did not boot on the home screen and I was going to flash the boot but then I thought you had already told me that the stock boot will not allow recovery to work so I thought if I flash the boot and the phone still does not boot properly and maybe recovery also stops working, then I have to go for PC.
So should I flash boot with system also to test if it works or not.
And yes I did factory reset as well because my common sense inspired me to do so.

that firmware build ID5a-H612F-O-190114V166 is listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25225.html
you can't flash only system.img from a different build and expect it to work with files from another build
when you flash stock boot, ensure you flash stock recovery as well or you might end up with bootloop
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
02-01-2020, 03:29 AM

If I flash only system, boot and recovery from an old build via SP flash tool then the device will boot successfully or it's necessary to flash full firmware.
I am mentioning about SP Flash Tool because I don't want to bother you by telling the whole story of what I did and what went wrong, so you just answer this question..
This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 03:56 AM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-01-2020, 10:20 AM
(02-01-2020, 03:29 AM)Bhupender890 If I flash only system, boot and recovery from an old build via SP flash tool then the device will boot successfully or it's necessary to flash full firmware.
I am mentioning about SP Flash Tool because I don't want to bother you by telling the whole story of what I did and what went wrong, so you just answer this question..

regardless of what tool or method you're using to flashing, assuming the said firmware build is supposed to work on your device, then the 3 above mentioned mentioned partitions are what you'd normally need along with a clean cache and userdata (factory reset) to boot-up android OS but with the coming of new security features, verification and all that, best you flash the entire firmware

BTW you can post links, we'll remove it if it turns out extraneous
This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 11:27 AM by X3non.
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
03-01-2020, 06:42 AM
I think my twrp's flash image feature doesn't work as intended. I mean to say I flashed boot img from v166 build and tried to boot up the device because I was testing if recovery works if I replace magisk patch to stock and I found that recovery was still working fine but device had started given warning of dm_verity and offered me to whether restart or boot into fastboot then I booted up my device to recovery and flashed magisk zip and did restart and device booted successfully up to home screen but then I flashed system img but it got stuck on boot logo then I reflashed sys img by wiping system first and tried to restart phone but TWRP said that no OS installed that means it didn't flash system it just pretends to flash but not in fact, [also when I flash sys img it just shows flashing sys but not any scripts run as happens in other case when we flash something in twrp and after few seconds it shows sys img flash successful]. After that I tried to restore system but TWRP started showing me an error 25 and wasn't restoring backup then I tried to restore partition one by one and successfully restored boot and data but system was still not restoring so I thought it must be due to no system available so I flashed system only from old build via sp and tried restoring system and successfully restored the whole backup.
So now what should I do ?

I hope you will understand what I want to say, yes I can use Google translate but it misunderstands a lot of meaning due to the technical terms used in such type of conversation which makes translation even worse.
This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 09:47 AM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 11:19 AM
(03-01-2020, 06:42 AM)Bhupender890 I think my twrp's flash image feature doesn't work as intended. I mean to say I flashed boot img from v166 build and tried to boot up the device because I was testing if recovery works if I replace magisk patch to stock and I found that recovery was still working fine but device had started given warning of dm_verity and offered me to whether restart or boot into fastboot then I booted up my device to recovery and flashed magisk zip and did restart and device booted successfully up to home screen but then I flashed system img but it got stuck on boot logo then I reflashed sys img by wiping system first and tried to restart phone but TWRP said that no OS installed that means it didn't flash system it just pretends to flash but not in fact, [also when I flash sys img it just shows flashing sys but not any scripts run as happens in other case when we flash something in twrp and after few seconds it shows sys img flash successful]. After that I tried to restore system but TWRP started showing me an error 25 and wasn't restoring backup then I tried to restore partition one by one and successfully restored boot and data but system was still not restoring so I thought it must be due to no system available so I flashed system only from old build via sp and tried restoring system and successfully restored the whole backup.
So now what should I do ?

I hope you will understand what I want to say, yes I can use Google translate but it misunderstands a lot of meaning due to the technical terms used in such type of conversation which makes translation even worse.

i understand you, i believe the problem is from the mount points and flags for /system
unpack the twrp using android image kitchen (you can search for this tool on xda forum, use the latest version)
edit /ramdisk/etc/*.fstab

remove the line for system_image also remove the line for vendor_image (if it exists)
then add the flashimg=1 flag to the system partition (you can add to any others you wish to flash in twrp) i.e it should look something like this
Code:

/system         ext4    /dev/block/*****/system            flags=backup=1;wipeingui;flashimg=1

save the file
repack the twrp and flash the new twrp then retry flashing system image
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
03-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Sir I know about AIS and know about how to use it as well but whenever I select twrp for unpacking it shows me an error which is showing in screenshot, also because my twrp was already named recovery.img so I didn't have to rename it, see the screenshots
.jpg
Screenshot_20200103160635.jpg
Size: 72.34 KB / Downloads: 4

I also tried to unpack recovery in aik in my other phone but same error displays.
Even I already tried to unpack twrp when you previously told me but I think you edited your reply later so I didn't tell you about this error yet.
This post was last modified: 03-01-2020, 02:21 PM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 08:22 PM

(03-01-2020, 12:06 PM)Bhupender890 Sir I know about AIS and know about how to use it as well but whenever I select twrp for unpacking it shows me an error which is showing in screenshot, also because my twrp was already named recovery.img so I didn't have to rename it, see the screenshots

I also tried to unpack recovery in aik in my other phone but same error displays.
Even I already tried to unpack twrp when you previously told me but I think you edited your reply later so I didn't tell you about this error yet.

use PC version
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next