Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP Recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TWRP Recovery

TWRP Recovery

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-12-2019, 12:47 AM

(21-12-2019, 10:59 AM)Bhupender890 I forgot to turn on link sharing, you can check now or download from

Sent from my TECNO ID5a using Hovatek Mobile

try this twrp @ https://mega.nz/#!3X5HRK7T!E2BN1g51QaflI...D-pXBzF1mE
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
22-12-2019, 01:30 AM
Tried but same issue, recovery doesn't boot, stucks on boot logo, even I tried to flash with both flashify and SP flash tool.

Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
22-12-2019, 03:00 AM
Sir also, how do I shut down my phone (Built in battery) if it stucks in boot loop and unable to boot into recovery and fastboot.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-12-2019, 12:32 AM
(22-12-2019, 01:30 AM)Bhupender890 Tried but same issue, recovery doesn't boot, stucks on boot logo, even I tried to flash with both flashify and SP flash tool.

backup boot.img directly from your device, zip and upload it
you can backup using adb method 1 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1405.html or sp flash tool dump (whichever you find easier)

(22-12-2019, 03:00 AM)Bhupender890 Sir also, how do I shut down my phone (Built in battery) if it stucks in boot loop and unable to boot into recovery and fastboot.

either disconnect / reconnect the battery or wait till the battery empties (best not to charge the battery to 100%, 5% or less for quicker drain) or try holding power button then once the screen goes off release power and immediately hold vol button (try both up and down). this might not work for your device
This post was last modified: 23-12-2019, 12:39 AM by X3non.
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
23-12-2019, 03:27 AM

Sir, are you talking about stock boot or current boot (magisk_patched) which I'm running on or is there no any difference.
I mean I can back up current boot using any root app so I have backed up using partition backup app, Link is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12A37543...p=drivesdk

If the file is right then good if not then I apologise for it to bothering you. But please tell me exactly as I don't know much about these things yet.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-12-2019, 01:02 PM
(23-12-2019, 03:27 AM)Bhupender890 Sir, are you talking about stock boot or current boot (magisk_patched) which I'm running on or is there no any difference.
I mean I can back up current boot using any root app so I have backed up using partition backup app, Link is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12A37543...p=drivesdk

If the file is right then good if not then I apologise for it to bothering you. But please tell me exactly as I don't know much about these things yet.

this is the right one i was referring to, needed to confirm if magisk canary removed dm_verity and it seems like it did
try this twrp @ https://mega.nz/#!uPQhwQqD!bER9heqIm6e8P...iclGnOKMpA
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
23-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Sir many thanks, you are too good. This recovery boots up properly but has some issues like it shows my internal storage 0mb, however shows correct available space in external sd, once I connect USB OTG it has shown correct available space but it shows OTG after removing also, maybe TWRPs normally do this or it can be an issue as you will know more about it that's why I found it right to tell you.
The big one, it doesn't backup multiple partitions at once as I tried to backup partitions already selected by default i.e [boot, system, Data (exc.)] but got error and failed. But when I tried to backup boot only it has backed up successfully.
(I backed up in OTG) .
Also it shows to enter password on first screen, what is that? I entered my phone's screen lock password and it started doing something (decrypt data something) but failed and showed error of wrong password. Do I not have to do anything with that. I mean a cancel button appears to its left on pressing that, I simply come to main screen. It doesn't install modules also as I tried to install magisk force fast charge but failed to install but I assure you that I have previously installed the same in magisk and was installed successfully.

I don't know how to directly post images here so I'm giving link to the images captured of the errors and main screen.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...v-QcJ02JgA

If I did something wrong please tell and also when TWRP asks swipe to allow modifications do I have to swipe or not (I mean leave it as read only). Also I recently flashed se linux permissive script module in magisk may be that is culprit as you will know more about it.

This post was last modified: 23-12-2019, 03:42 PM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-12-2019, 08:47 PM
(23-12-2019, 03:18 PM)Bhupender890 Sir many thanks, you are too good. This recovery boots up properly but has some issues like it shows my internal storage 0mb, however shows correct available space in external sd, once I connect USB OTG it has shown correct available space but it shows OTG after removing also, maybe TWRPs normally do this or it can be an issue as you will know more about it that's why I found it right to tell you.
The big one, it doesn't backup multiple partitions at once as I tried to backup partitions already selected by default i.e [boot, system, Data (exc.)] but got error and failed. But when I tried to backup boot only it has backed up successfully.
(I backed up in OTG) .
Also it shows to enter password on first screen, what is that? I entered my phone's screen lock password and it started doing something (decrypt data something) but failed and showed error of wrong password. Do I not have to do anything with that. I mean a cancel button appears to its left on pressing that, I simply come to main screen. It doesn't install modules also as I tried to install magisk force fast charge but failed to install but I assure you that I have previously installed the same in magisk and was installed successfully.

I don't know how to directly post images here so I'm giving link to the images captured of the errors and main screen.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...v-QcJ02JgA

If I did something wrong please tell and also when TWRP asks swipe to allow modifications do I have to swipe or not (I mean leave it as read only). Also I recently flashed se linux permissive script module in magisk may be that is culprit as you will know more about it.

for backup of multiple partitions and flashing zips, the error seems to be from mounting partitions. try this TWRP @ https://mega.nz/#!fOxSyAxR!wSrYLGDJ4sQJX...hUE6_-wHrQ
internal storage 0mb / data decryption, first ensure that you're able to mount all partitions (except userdata) listed under TWRP > mount then try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30160.html
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
24-12-2019, 03:31 AM
Thank you sir from the bottom of heart.
This second recovery is working perfectly after following the steps to fix the 0mb internal storage problem.
Although it was failing to install any module or zip before applying the encryption trick, but after applying the trick it is installing the magisk module with no issues and I have backed up the system, data and boot at once successfully.
Hope it goes well in the future also but if something went wrong I will update you.
There is also a question as to whether I always need to mount the SD card as 0mb external SD shows up on each boot until I tick the SD card in the mount option. I know this may be a silly question but I'm asking to assure if this is a normal behavior or whether I have to do some default settings that I haven't done yet.
One last question, can I flash this recovery without flashing magisk patched boot first (with stock boot) or will this DM_Verity problem not allow it to boot.

This post was last modified: 24-12-2019, 03:35 AM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-12-2019, 12:32 PM

(24-12-2019, 03:31 AM)Bhupender890 Thank you sir from the bottom of heart.
This second recovery is working perfectly after following the steps to fix the 0mb internal storage problem.
Although it was failing to install any module or zip before applying the encryption trick, but after applying the trick it is installing the magisk module with no issues and I have backed up the system, data and boot at once successfully.
Hope it goes well in the future also but if something went wrong I will update you.
There is also a question as to whether I always need to mount the SD card as 0mb external SD shows up on each boot until I tick the SD card in the mount option. I know this may be a silly question but I'm asking to assure if this is a normal behavior or whether I have to do some default settings that I haven't done yet.
One last question, can I flash this recovery without flashing magisk patched boot first (with stock boot) or will this DM_Verity problem not allow it to boot.

can you state which particular method worked in fixing the 0mb issue for you, might help another user with same model who happens to land on this thread
you don't necessarily need to mount extsdcard unless you placed a file you need to access somewhere within extsdcard or maybe you need to backup directly to extsdcard
dm_verity won't allow the custom recovery to work
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next